Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 9 Royal Dresses That Got Us Plebeians Talking  (Read 11346 times)
aussiecro

Large Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« on: July 28, 2013, 02:15:10 AM »

http://www.huffingtonpost...ses-photos_n_3660426.html
Cloaked

Muted
Humongous Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2013, 02:23:02 AM »

I find it strange that the article grouped some of those dresses together.
Most I like and would comment on.

To me, Mary's peplum pale blue number and Charlene's pink evening gown don't belong alongside Grace's wedding dress and Queen Elizabeth's coronation gown....perhaps Charlene's wedding dress.
Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2013, 04:49:07 PM »

This list is ridiculous!  Crap

(img)http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/2017-03-07%2023.04.19.png(/img)
editorathome
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Bouvet Island Bouvet Island

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2013, 08:11:34 PM »

This list is ridiculous!  Crap
Word.
OhLaLas

Mini Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2013, 01:04:51 PM »

Most modern dresses that royals wear nowadays lost their ommpfh factor for me. Because we have seen them on runways, on red carpets, or on televisions beforehand. And most wore them better than the royals themselves.

Why royals chose big name designers rather than a select few to keep the air of exclusivity/mystery boogle me. Gone were the days when royals wore bespoke dresses made exclusively for them.

Now I rather much see Eastern royals who proudly wore their traditional colored dresses than the Western ones. For example: Queen Jetsun Pema.  Wink

flea

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2013, 01:10:00 PM »

Most modern dresses that royals wear nowadays lost their ommpfh factor for me. Because we have seen them on runways, on red carpets, or on televisions beforehand. And most wore them better than the royals themselves.

Why royals chose big name designers rather than a select few to keep the air of exclusivity/mystery boogle me. Gone were the days when royals wore bespoke dresses made exclusively for them.

Now I rather much see Eastern royals who proudly wore their traditional colored dresses than the Western ones. For example: Queen Jetsun Pema.  Wink
ITA! Nowadays most of the royal dresses aren't anything special because anyone who has the money can have them. I wish they had their dresses made for them instead of buying ready-to-wear pieces, it would be much more special and it would keep this magical aura around the royals.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2013, 01:52:17 PM »

Theresia Vreugdenhil (18 August 1929 - 11 July 2012) was a Dutch female tailor (couturière) and fashion designer. She often worked with patterns of French and Italian couturiers.

From 1965 till 2007 she was the only official couturière of Dutch princess and later Queen Beatrix. In high degree Vreugdenhill was co-responsible for the strong and very recognisable silhouette of Beatrix

Perhaps you should need persons like Vreugdenhil again.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2013, 01:55:59 PM »

A ridicoulus list by the way....... It is a collection of dresses with a real deeper meaning and nonsense dresses. In the last category the dress of Mary.

Why should the post-birth dress of Kate be remembered? It definately didn't get me talking up to now.

I never understood the fork, knife and spoon detail on the '90s minidress of Caroline.
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2013, 01:59:50 PM »

IMO, the only dress that deserves to be on the list was Grace Kelly's wedding dress. That one is a classic. The rest are just zzzzz.....
bumbershoot

Warned
Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2013, 01:43:42 AM »

The article doesn't specify that these are the greatest dresses, just one ones that generated the most buzz. I think many of the choices are right on, although Victoria's purple frock didn't seem notable at the time and doesn't now, either.

I think there are others that also got a lot of buzz, albeit not for the right reasons. Certainly Fergie had some tremendous disasters in her first years. (If it had been different times, her alleged ``stylist'' should have lost his/her head).  Diana had a couple that look really silly in retrospect and perhaps got some negative buzz when they were new. Angela Kelly has, on occasion, conjured up some real groaners for the queen, and we know that the York girls have had some big misses.  And I forget what the occasion was -- maybe the part before Stephanie's and Guillame's wedding -- at which Max wore a strapless red dress that looked like it was millimeters away from having a very revealing wardrobe malfunction. And while Anne looks fabulous in uniform, I find that whenever she goes for the flowered garden-party type of frock, the results are generally very cringe-worthy and they do receive negative attention in the press. And what about that awful industrial dress than ran from hem to neckline on the back of one of Sophie Wessex's recent frocks?

imjustsaying

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2014, 07:56:53 AM »

If they were going for the "Most Talked About Outfits" I'd go with Kate's engagement gown because that was really popular.

Or the infamous yellow Calgary dress 
danishorphan

Warned
Gigantic Member

Papua New Guinea Papua New Guinea

Lives to fill her hollow leg!

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2014, 03:21:05 PM »

Someone needs a paycheck

The truth will eventually be revealed!
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2014, 03:05:56 PM »

That list seems like a rather futile exercise in how to connect pieces that just don't appear to have any connection.
Next are a pic of an elephant, an ant, a kangaroo, a penguin, a dog and a donkey... (JC, Maxima, Mary, Fred, QEII and Sofia)

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
bach

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2014, 05:03:47 AM »

I think don't think most of these dresses should be making any list. Certainly they do not have the class and elegance of Grace Kelly's wedding dress.

#FreeHarry
#HarryForKing
CyrilSebastian

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2022, 01:12:40 AM »

I like the vivid blue of Queen Maxima's Inauguration Dress.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: