Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hand(s) in pocket(s)  (Read 1364 times)
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« on: November 10, 2023, 02:09:37 PM »

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2023, 02:35:34 PM »

Gemsheal

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Happy Anniversary, Snakey & Greasy 🤢

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2023, 03:03:05 PM »

This is rather a nice photo of Mary - (except for the hand in pocket  Wink) she looks, almost unrecognizably, soft & pretty.  Those autumn colors flatter her. 

"Where's the Southern Comfort?" Prince Philip - on being presented with a hamper of U.S. Southern goods by the American Ambassador in London in 1999 ♡
bumbershoot

Warned
Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2023, 09:08:47 PM »

OK, just curious. Why is it that we consider it disrespectful for people to be photographed with their hands in their pockets? And as a corollary, every time I see one of those pick-out-the-wedding-dress TV shows, brides are always so beyond elated if they find the dress of their dreams also has pockets. Although I've certainly never seen a bride saunter down the aisle with her hands in her pockets.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2023, 09:25:08 AM »

OK, just curious. Why is it that we consider it disrespectful for people to be photographed with their hands in their pockets? And as a corollary, every time I see one of those pick-out-the-wedding-dress TV shows, brides are always so beyond elated if they find the dress of their dreams also has pockets. Although I've certainly never seen a bride saunter down the aisle with her hands in her pockets.

In my opinion, it looks disrespectful to your conversation partner and those around you. Combined with the fact that it doesn't interest you all that much.
Ghost

Big Member

Romania Romania

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2023, 09:54:48 AM »

I think at the original origin pf the custom is that seeing oneís hands guaranteed they were not holding a (fire)arm. Nowadays itís just a question of respect towards the others, as Princi said, it looks like your interlocutor is boring. (And you are playing with coins or the keys in your pockets.)
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2023, 10:43:05 AM »

Then on the other hand, every second fashion photo shows the model (male and female) with their hands in their pockets. (Meghan style: the fingers not the thumb.)

As to the wedding dress: a discreet little pocket is always a bonus, not to put your hands in, but to hide a hanky, or another small personal item...
CyrilSebastian

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2023, 01:27:56 AM »

Lord Louis Mountbatten     
http://www.pinterest.com/pin/144467100534655508
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2023, 12:05:33 PM »

PruNordstrom

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2023, 03:50:07 AM »

(excerpt) OK, just curious. Why is it that we consider it disrespectful for people to be photographed with their hands in their pockets?  

(excerpt) I think at the original origin pf the custom is that seeing oneís hands guaranteed they were not holding a (fire)arm.

Not all that different now if you live in a very large metro area. Especially in a US state that allows concealed carry and has become a crossroads for easy gun purchases. It is the weapon of choice for hijacking a car (by men & women) and taking the driver's possessions.

A family friend was robbed at gunpoint after a minor bump accident 1 street away from home. Took the car, took her purse, took her shoes. The car was totalled, credit cards run up to thousands of dollars within 12 hours. Her landlord saw someone he didn't recognize going into her apartment -- it was one of the 3 people that staged the accident and took her possessions. Called the police, they caught 2 of the 3 that robbed her. What I want to say is, in current times in my metro area it is a good idea to walk away from someone with hands in pockets. This shift in armed robbery has happened over the last 18 months in neighborhoods considered safe and well-patrolled.

I don't want to continue this discussion here. I avoid people with hands in pockets when gloves are the norm in winter and odd in the other seasons wherever I'm walking. For me, it's a safety matter. I do not have a good opinion of fashion photos with hands in pockets nor well-known persons in the same pose.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: