Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Marie's past & lack of photos  (Read 19692 times)
zinzen

Gigantic Member

Belgium Belgium

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: August 20, 2013, 11:37:58 AM »

When I first saw pictures of Marie, she looked similar to the way Mary looked back then and in her first years as Crown Princess. Clothing and hair for example.
They both developped in totally different directions
Yes Marie grew up,Mary grew old 

Thumb up Thumb up Thumb up Star

In reality, hope is the worst of all evils, it prolongs the torments of man. F.Nietzche
Galuh

Ginormous Member

Tuvalu Tuvalu

Mary & Michael, twins separated at birth?

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: August 22, 2013, 03:27:02 AM »

For some people Marie is too close to Mary - same name, similar appearance, birthdays close together....etc. I don't compare them, I like to contrast them. For me, there is nothing alike about those two. They couldn't be more different. But that's just me.
and me too  Beer

Secret I still don't think they look 'so much alike'. Both are brunettes but so are a lot of other women (myself included.)

Neither do I.   Thinking
Count me in, a woman in first picture looks like a rich man's elegant wife and the other looks like a dude with make up.

dbc
Banned
Banned
Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: August 22, 2013, 03:33:36 AM »

For some people Marie is too close to Mary - same name, similar appearance, birthdays close together....etc. I don't compare them, I like to contrast them. For me, there is nothing alike about those two. They couldn't be more different. But that's just me.
and me too  Beer

Secret I still don't think they look 'so much alike'. Both are brunettes but so are a lot of other women (myself included.)

Neither do I.   Thinking
Count me in, a woman in first picture looks like a rich man's elegant wife and the other looks like a dude with make up.

in the words of aerosmith: " Lord imagine my surprise, dude looks like a lady" Laugh bounce
Renee

Micro Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: August 22, 2013, 05:40:01 AM »

l didn't say they were identical, l said they look much alike, I've seen photos of them were they do imo.
it's funny how Marie who comes from a rich family doesn't feel the need to spend a lot of money on clothes and wear designer clothes all the time  like Mary does, it should have been the other way around.

I agree that they definitely look alike sometimes, depending on facial expressions, etc.

I guess the thing with the labels fascination or lack of it, is because Marie was used to being around that sort of thing, and doesn't really see it as anything special, while Mary, coming from an average background, would have been excited by them at first, and just never got passed it.

I know if I see a pair of Louboutins, I get drooly over them because I'll never be able to afford them. For Mary, there would have been the drool, followed by excitement because she could actually have them...and then it was a downhill slope to addiction  Thumb down
debbydeb

Gigantic Member

Indonesia Indonesia

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: August 22, 2013, 06:06:42 AM »

l didn't say they were identical, l said they look much alike, I've seen photos of them were they do imo.
it's funny how Marie who comes from a rich family doesn't feel the need to spend a lot of money on clothes and wear designer clothes all the time  like Mary does, it should have been the other way around.

I agree that they definitely look alike sometimes, depending on facial expressions, etc.

I guess the thing with the labels fascination or lack of it, is because Marie was used to being around that sort of thing, and doesn't really see it as anything special, while Mary, coming from an average background, would have been excited by them at first, and just never got passed it.

I know if I see a pair of Louboutins, I get drooly over them because I'll never be able to afford them. For Mary, there would have been the drool, followed by excitement because she could actually have them...and then it was a downhill slope to addiction  Thumb down

I also think that it depends also on the aspiration of the person. If they're genuinely humble, no marriage will change them, I guess. For instance, the owner of my company is filthy rich and is descended (clearly documented) from Javanese royalty. His wife is "commoner" without airs, she actually came from not so well-to-do family, and was taught the value of hard graft throughout her life. She works hard and lives frugally, even after marriage she doesn't suddenly splurge, even when her social agenda is that of a socialite. You can find her pictures in the media often. One of their children now works in the same division as I do, she always complains about her mother questioning her every purchase "why did you buy it? do you really need it? do you need five of the same cut/shade?" This is not to say that the mother is a penny-pinching scrooge. She doesn't always go for the cheapest, but always asks her children to "consider how many times you're going to wear it, consider it's longetivity, will it last, how is the workmanship, who makes it, do you appreciate the work going into stuff, etc". The family has this understated elegance that comes from an appreciation of each thing they wear.

pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: August 22, 2013, 06:42:21 PM »

and me too  Beer

Neither do I.   Thinking

Laugh bounce Laughing Star  That is so true, IMO. Yes
Renee

Micro Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: August 23, 2013, 06:22:07 AM »

I also think that it depends also on the aspiration of the person. If they're genuinely humble, no marriage will change them, I guess. For instance, the owner of my company is filthy rich and is descended (clearly documented) from Javanese royalty. His wife is "commoner" without airs, she actually came from not so well-to-do family, and was taught the value of hard graft throughout her life. She works hard and lives frugally, even after marriage she doesn't suddenly splurge, even when her social agenda is that of a socialite. You can find her pictures in the media often. One of their children now works in the same division as I do, she always complains about her mother questioning her every purchase "why did you buy it? do you really need it? do you need five of the same cut/shade?" This is not to say that the mother is a penny-pinching scrooge. She doesn't always go for the cheapest, but always asks her children to "consider how many times you're going to wear it, consider it's longetivity, will it last, how is the workmanship, who makes it, do you appreciate the work going into stuff, etc". The family has this understated elegance that comes from an appreciation of each thing they wear.

Now there is a lady that deserves admiration  Jumping
editorathome
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Bouvet Island Bouvet Island

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: August 24, 2013, 08:47:03 PM »

Give me Marie over Mary any day.  Marie has never been anyone but herself.  She is confident, polite, and seems to be a good mother (and puts up with Jokke).  I find Alex to be rather sleazy and desperate lately.  Marie is harmless and seems to do a good job in her role as a minor princess. 
To me, the most interesting difference btwn Marie and Yrma is how other people look when in their presence. How do Marie's husband/children/stepchildren look when they're with her? IMO, relaxed and happy. How do Yrma's husband/props kids look when they're with her? Nerves How do Marge and Henrik look when they're with Marie? Smiling and laughing. How do they look when they're with Yrma? Dead How do all the "peasants" look when they're with Marie? Relaxed and connecting with her. How do the  "peasants" look when they're with Yrma? Either totally bored or desperately trying to get away.
For me, that says it all.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: