Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 52   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: It's All About Hairs - Kate's Pantene moments  (Read 205577 times)
LucyGoose

Mini Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2013, 08:29:20 PM »

And of course, how could you forget the very dark wedding hair?

apple

Baby Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2013, 08:36:59 PM »

I don't think she's lightened her hair, it looks faded to me, like it hasn't been dyed in a while.
CathyJane

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2013, 11:15:14 PM »

To all above posters,

the Duchess took note of your concerns, she must however insists that her hair was completely, absolutely, very very natural.

Pictures below are included as references:

Her hair in her Olympic ID photo looks flat, straight, and dull.

But apparently it smelled 'terrific'. 
boneofcontention

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2013, 11:33:12 PM »

The unfortunate thing is that Kate looks worse in that wedding photo than in the casual photo underneath. Her wedding eyebrows are vile, way too coloured in. Also, the eyeliner looks less blended than usual.

She went for the classic "bridal mistake" look - i.e. not looking as good on the big day as on ordinary occasions because of trying too hard and/or changing makeup or hair from normal. Mary is another one who was guilty of this. Both of them have had nicer hairstyles on normal occasions and then on their weddings opted for something less flattering. Kate felt "big-day-obliged" to tie it back when it is usually loose and Mary felt she had to be princessy with a severe updo when most of time at that stage she wore her hair down.

You see it in every day life too when a normal person with normal hair suddenly has to have their hair up with curled tendrils falling down like some tragic version of Bo Peep on their big day, a hairstyle they never used before or, thankfully, after.

Funny, Diana also looked much much better on normal occasions at the time than she did on her big day as well. Collapsed, flattened hair and a creased dress were at odds with her other elegant public looks at the time.

Grace Kelly, on the other hand, looked the same on her wedding as she did on her other appearances. She was Grace Kelly on her big day, same style, same hair and makeup, not anyone else. That's why she looked the best of the buch, IMO.
OhLaLas

Mini Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2013, 11:45:48 PM »

And of course, how could you forget the very dark wedding hair?

My bad.  Tongue

This pic should have marked the beginning of her ever-changing hair. Going to edit the first post to add this, sadly I can't.  Grin

just a serf

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2013, 11:47:39 PM »

I keep thinking that's a photoshop of James  Crazy

"I haven't played since I stopped." - Waity Middleton
"You only have it if you've got it." - James, Marquis of Mallow
OhLaLas

Mini Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2013, 11:49:23 PM »

I keep thinking that's a photoshop of James  Crazy

HOMG just a serf! Now I can't get the picture out of my mind.

OhLaLas

Mini Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2013, 11:54:55 PM »

I don't think she's lightened her hair, it looks faded to me, like it hasn't been dyed in a while.

Well, I try to choose photos made in similar light, ie outside when the sun is up. I'm sure she darkened her hair ahead her wedding day to cover her incoming greys then decided to not like it anymore since she has been going lighter since. Pretty sure she ditched Richard Ward because he refused to let her go blonder and the man's most important haircut in days leading the birth's announcement of Baby Jeezus GAL aged her 10 years. 

jusaca

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2013, 12:31:51 AM »

I like long hair and the femininity and variety that it brings.  But Waity's hair is beyond long.  She's in some sort of private hair competition with god knows who.  When hair gets too long it repulses me, and she's in that category for me.
Cleo12
Banned
Banned
Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2013, 04:15:57 AM »

It's not surprising that Grace Kelly's look on her wedding day was so polished -- her MGM Studio hairstylist and make-up person traveled with her to Monaco, as befitting the famous movie star that she was at the time, so for every event leading up to the marriage, including the civil ceremony, her hair & make-up were perfect. 
Pepe Le Skew

Micro Member

"Elegance"

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2013, 05:14:59 AM »

I'm no Waity fan but I do have to say she has beautiful hair (well, the post engagement version anyway.)

I think Kate agrees with you...

No Waity fan, but I do quite like her with an updo or semi-up do:

It looks more elegant, I think.

I agree entirely that bobby pins would be in order on a regular basis. 

Not sure that Kate values elegance.     

"You used to be much 'muchier'.   You've lost your muchness." ~ Lewis Carroll, Alice In Wonderland
dbc

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2013, 05:32:47 AM »

l think she has great hair & pretty face, BUT the make up Dead Dead way way too much, that's her real problem, it's like she uses the drag queen guide to make up or something, she doesn't need that much on.
Lady Adelaide

Humongous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2013, 10:09:56 AM »

I like this thread. Smiley

Her natural hair is really pretty, IMO.

Dark hair...

Lighter hair...

Very light hair...

Frizzy hair...

jessmie

Medium Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2013, 11:37:20 AM »

To be fair, I think it's possible that the much lighter hair in the pictures outside the hospital after the birth is because of it having faded and not because she dyed it. Perhaps, she was spending a lot of time in the gardens enjoying the sun and the weather hence the fading. My natural hair is light brown and I haven't dyed it for 2 years, but I remember that when I was dying they became so much lighter and a bit orange during the summer because of the exposure to the sun.

I honestly don't like her hair much!  I like that they are glossy and appear healthy, even after a lot of expensive treatments, I presume, but I am so bored of the curling and the length. She tries to look girly, but the style doesn't really suit her IMHO. Perhaps, a shoulder length hairstyle would suit her more.  Thinking Or something similar to her hairstyle during St Andrews.
Harryite
Banned
Banned
Large Member

Albania Albania

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2013, 12:02:49 PM »

I think she should do something with her hair ... it's too long and needs to be darkened ... she needs a haircut !!! She isn't 20 anymore she is 31 !!! She needs a more appropriate hair cut ... more suited to her role ...

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 52   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: