Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 39   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Louis, Tessy & Family  (Read 133828 times)
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« on: August 22, 2013, 04:10:18 PM »

A topic specific about this couple and their children.

link removed
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 05:50:24 PM by Principessa » Logged
babalux

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2013, 05:22:13 PM »

A topic specific about this couple and their children.

link removed
I wonder if they take the page down or increase their privacy settings.  Thinking The latest message was quite intimate and their facebook account has been mentioned on quite a few royalty boards now.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 06:02:04 PM by babalux » Logged
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2013, 05:32:20 PM »

I agree Babalux.  That private page shouldn't be linked to royalty boards.  Now that it has, their page will probably disappear Crap
ortensia

Huge Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2013, 04:25:11 PM »

does any luxembourg dishers know if tessy goes along with stephanie and claire or is she left a bit behind?
editorathome
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Bouvet Island Bouvet Island

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2013, 07:26:12 PM »

Interesting question. I don't know, of course, but I have a feeling Tessy gets along better w/the rest of the family than Linus does.
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2013, 07:37:09 PM »

Interesting question. I don't know, of course, but I have a feeling Tessy gets along better w/the rest of the family than Linus does.

I think so too.  I've seen her appearing warm and friendly around all of them.  On the other hand, I've seen Linus hanging back and not really interacting with them.  She doesn't appear as close to the rest of the family like Tessy does.
editorathome
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Bouvet Island Bouvet Island

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2013, 07:45:09 PM »

Tessy seems very much like MT: warm and outgoing. Linus does not.
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2013, 07:46:15 PM »

Tessy seems very much like MT: warm and outgoing. Linus does not.

ITA Star  Linus seems cold to me. Thinking  Claire seems fake.  Tessy seems like the most down-to-earth of the DILs. 
Trier1

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2013, 07:59:32 PM »

well, Tessy is "just a normal Lux girl" without a posh education, she knows how "normal" people live and what they do, sth you do not learn at the most expensive boarding school in Europe or in a Belgian castle. Yes, she might have grabbed her chance when Louis visited the troops when she was a soldier but she doesn't seem to be a gold digger to me. Not so sure about Linus and Claire, they both seemed to be thrilled with the princess status and both have this superior attitude. MT still seems to remember how badly she was treated by her own MIL and that might be the reason why she is nice to all her DIL but I wonder if she secretly regretts that Louis and Tessy are not in line any longer. Tessy and the boys seem to have a great relationship with MT, the boys seem to have a very close contact with their grandparents, so I would say that Tessy is well accepted by the family.
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2013, 08:33:56 PM »

well, Tessy is "just a normal Lux girl" without a posh education, she knows how "normal" people live and what they do, sth you do not learn at the most expensive boarding school in Europe or in a Belgian castle. Yes, she might have grabbed her chance when Louis visited the troops when she was a soldier but she doesn't seem to be a gold digger to me. Not so sure about Linus and Claire, they both seemed to be thrilled with the princess status and both have this superior attitude. MT still seems to remember how badly she was treated by her own MIL and that might be the reason why she is nice to all her DIL but I wonder if she secretly regretts that Louis and Tessy are not in line any longer. Tessy and the boys seem to have a great relationship with MT, the boys seem to have a very close contact with their grandparents, so I would say that Tessy is well accepted by the family.

Excellent point, Trier Star

I give Tessy a lot of credit.  She may have appeared as a gold-digger when she first appeared on the scene, but honestly, I just think she and Louis were dumb kids who didn't do anything to prevent a pregnancy.   Yes

Since that time, she's never spoken to the press (and she really could have in the early days-especially since she married him and wasn't given a title at that time), she's proven herself to be a good mother who seems to genuinely love Louis and her sons.  She's always shown up to events with a smile on her face, and has usually been appropriately groomed and dressed.  She doesn't appear to be trying to take the spotlight away from her mother-in-law or other family members.  She doesn't associate herself with things/organizations that could be considered radical and fundamentalist (a la Claire).  She seems to be happy to be at events where she gets to meet the people of Lux Yes

It's a shame that she's not the HGD.  She may not have had the elite education and training that Stephanie has, but she seems far more suited to the job.  She's the only one who appears to be able to follow in MT's shoes. 

Even Louis, who also doesn't seem like the sharpest knife in the drawer, seems to have more poise and warmth than his brother, the heir.  The contrast is amazing, IMO. 
Trier1

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2013, 09:00:07 PM »

well, I'm not so sure about the value of Stephanie's and Claire's education  Thinking. To me, getting your A-levels at the most expensive boarding school does not equal a good academic education, it is just the proof that your parents could afford it and I'm always suspicious about expensive schools because the parents pay and want results (seen it in my family, not at the Swiss school but at an expensive  European boarding school - it was like, ok he is not the brightest boy, he is lazy, so lets find him an expensive school where we can "buy" his A-level certificate). I'm not impressed at all by Stephanie's MA in German literature, you only needed to have passed your A-levels in order to study German literature at the time she did it and MA was the first possible degree you could get because we changed later to the BA/MA system but not when she started. Also not impressed by Claire's PhD topic at this university and I know how vague the definition of "visiting academic" is, so I do not buy the sugary posts that praise her intelligence and abilities. I've been long enough in the academic circle, so I know that writing a thesis and attending conferences is not something special.
Yes, Tessy might not have the expensive education but she is studying now, so I wouldn't say her education is worth less than the education of Claire or Linus. So far Tessy was a soldier and is now studying despite having 2 children and Steph and Claire both have a MA, which is one of the most common European university diplomas, so not such a big difference as it might sound for people who are used to the US system.
Sparky

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2013, 09:02:35 PM »

I think Tessy is an opportunist. Most women are, it's natural. If a wealthy, Prince with a nice personality came calling - I know I would take the chance! I don't think she purposely set out to trap him, if she did....well it takes two to tango so Louis deserves the same slap in the face as Tessy got for his idiocy

She is in no way a social climber/gold-digger/opportunist like Crystal Hefner, Mosh and Waity is. Tessy would have thrown Louis out if treated her like crap and cheated on her William/Fred-style.

pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2013, 09:05:15 PM »

I work in academia, and believe me, I'm not impressed by MAs and conferences.  My point was that Claire and Stephanie both attended elite schools for high school; the types of schools where they teach manners and poise.  That's why their behavior is so surprising to me.  

I forgot that Tessy was a solider.  That's wonderful.  What a contrast it is between someone who genuinely served her country, and someone else who whined to the media when her new countrymen dared to question why she was simply handed citizenship without having to do anything to earn it. Roll Eyes  Just another reason why Tessy is more impressive to me than Stephanie and Claire.  
Trier1

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2013, 09:08:41 PM »

pixie, I didn't mean you with my post, just the sugars who read here but do not post
Sparky

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2013, 09:12:49 PM »

I don't think Steph (and probably Claire) actually did proper study/work like the most other people. What they did as everyone else have mentioned was pay for prestige of the certificate and the fancy sounding degrees. People with her life experience according to her CV should know the ropes or at least have the basics down on public self presentation, speeches, social interaction and small talk, especially at her age. Steph acts like a high school graduate or young university student thrown deep end into the public eye - very inexperienced (and doesn't appear to be trying).

I get the impression Steph (and probably Claire) was simply in one of those 'studying and working until she finds a guy' and gets married. She wasn't trying to better herself and make herself more independent so she can live off her own hands and contribute to society.

At least Tessy was productive and contributed to society! Education doesn't mean a fig if it is not used properly or is a useless fluffy degree in the first place.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2013, 09:29:43 PM by Sparky » Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 39   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: