Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 237 238 [239]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Luxembourg: activities and news  (Read 726027 times)
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #3570 on: October 15, 2018, 12:09:38 AM »

I seriously donít understand how two attractive people like Henri and MT end up with so unattractive children. I guess MT canít compensate for the inbreeding Henri brings with him, but since heís a handsome man itís still quite odd Blink

Henri's mother was a really unattractive woman (on the inside and the outside), so I guess her genes haven't "helped".  They're actually quite dominant, as you see Josephine-Charlotte in Imre, Gabriella, Marie-Christine, all of Guillaume's (Henri's brother) children, and in Guillaume and Sebastian.  I suppose the fact that none of Henri's kids have done anything with their lives doesn't help either.  It's very puzzling that people with so many resources and the best of everything have produced such lackluster kids who have accomplished nothing.
genegal43

Medium Member

All I got was a Nancy Pearl Action Figure...

Ignore
« Reply #3571 on: October 15, 2018, 01:15:17 AM »

He does look less icky than Felix so thereís that Beer

So true.  Felix looks sleazy.  I half expected to see him accompanied by CP and Hoefia.  He looks like he'd fit in beautifully with those two.

Felix is not aging well...

Genealogy: shrinking the world one person at a time!
Trier1

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #3572 on: October 15, 2018, 10:51:19 AM »

Felix reminds me of his great-grandfather Prince Felix.
Henri has some busy days ahead this week as he needs a new government and has to talk to all the parties now after the elections. Today, the PM officially offered to step down during the meeting with Henri. This is how it is done in Lux, the old PM always steps down but still continues with his government until the new one is in office. Henri now has to decide whether there will be a Formateur (usually the new PM who will form the new government) or an Informateur who will talk to the parties and tell Henri which coalitions will be possible before Henri then choses the Formateur.
Ellie

Warned
Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #3573 on: October 15, 2018, 10:53:20 AM »

I love learning about Lux from you, Trier! Does Henri have any true power or is it limited? He seems like an astute sort of man, the kind you would want as a monarch.
Trier1

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #3574 on: October 15, 2018, 11:00:14 AM »

No official power. This Formateur thing sounds inpressive, in theory he could chose the PM he wants to but in practice he has to talk to the Chamber president, State council etc before he decides. Usually the party who got the most seats for the chamber gets the PM but this time it is possible that the reigning coaltion will continue and the party with the most seats will not be a member of the government (as already happened in 2013). Henri's power is more informal, it is behind the scenes that he has still a lot of influence in Lux but he doesn't select his ministers, he just accepts the results of the elections and the results of the coalition talks between the political parties
Princess MS

Warned
Medium Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #3575 on: October 15, 2018, 12:16:06 PM »

As a family they are a puzzle for sure. Henri and MT are educated, and seem focused and they "work" to represent the country. Maybe they were lucky that they had 5 children that kept them busy when otherwise they may have had little purpose and not a lot to do in earlier years. Being an adult "spare" in your 30's is basically a waste of time - you do nothing much and it is obvious. Gui is probably a nice man but he got the worst genes of both his parents. In his younger years he was attractive enough but those days are gone. Felix the same. Louis seems a sandwich short of a picnic, Alex is pretty and Seb - well both the younger kids spent some time in the US in a regional school that is not first class in terms of grades etc. I doubt much will change. Gui will be GD one day and Steph will still look bored  . .
Lady Alice

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #3576 on: October 17, 2018, 01:03:32 PM »

I seriously donít understand how two attractive people like Henri and MT end up with so unattractive children. I guess MT canít compensate for the inbreeding Henri brings with him, but since heís a handsome man itís still quite odd Blink

Henri's mother was a really unattractive woman (on the inside and the outside), so I guess her genes haven't "helped".  They're actually quite dominant, as you see Josephine-Charlotte in Imre, Gabriella, Marie-Christine, all of Guillaume's (Henri's brother) children, and in Guillaume and Sebastian.  I suppose the fact that none of Henri's kids have done anything with their lives doesn't help either.  It's very puzzling that people with so many resources and the best of everything have produced such lackluster kids who have accomplished nothing.

It is an odd phenomenon, isn't it? But not uncommon - my sister and brother in law are the hardest working people I know, both with amazing work ethic, but their kid is a lazy, aimless, entitled brat who hasn't lifted a finger and is looking for the easy buck (he's an adult now). I don't understand it myself.

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #3577 on: October 17, 2018, 01:33:12 PM »

It is an odd phenomenon, isn't it? But not uncommon - my sister and brother in law are the hardest working people I know, both with amazing work ethic, but their kid is a lazy, aimless, entitled brat who hasn't lifted a finger and is looking for the easy buck (he's an adult now). I don't understand it myself.

What about upbringing? I know there are exemptions, but still. One of my aunts, who at the time helped my parents with their vegetable garden (to learn how to do it, maintaining it etc.), was surprised when I came for a weekend visit. She noticed I dropped my bags and simply started to do works in and around the house. Why should I do that (directly), as I was visitingÖ. But these were works of which most of them I already did or helped with when I was a child and youngster still living at my parents place. I didn't had to do much at home, but my parents always indicated en expected us (me and my siblings) to do work and/or help. And if I am able to do it....
Trier1

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #3578 on: October 17, 2018, 06:24:54 PM »

After lots of meetings with politicians yesterday, Henri went to an exhibition together with MT.

editorathome
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Bouvet Island Bouvet Island

Ignore
« Reply #3579 on: October 17, 2018, 08:07:37 PM »

He does look less icky than Felix so thereís that Beer

So true.  Felix looks sleazy.  I half expected to see him accompanied by CP and Hoefia.  He looks like he'd fit in beautifully with those two.
I was just going to comment on that. Very sleazy/creepy. Yecch.
Pages: 1 ... 237 238 [239]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: