Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Guillaume and Stephanie expecting first child  (Read 18544 times)
Picar

Baby Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: January 05, 2020, 08:16:18 PM »

I'm late,  but very happy with the news!!!!! Banana Banana Banana
Oh_Caroline

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: February 07, 2020, 02:31:52 AM »

Ok I need something happy to think about with regards to the GDF...BABY NAMES!!!  Looking at the naming convention/traditions for both families...and names they might want to honor.

Girl: Charlotte Marie Alix Theresa
Boy: Jean Marie Philippe Henri or Philippe Henri Marie Guillaume

The boy's name was much easier than my weak girls name and I gave both my girl's name and first boy's name "Marie" as a second name as that appears to be tradition on Stephanie side of the family.  The seconds boy choice has the "Marie Guillaume" that appear to be very common in the GDF.  Is "Marie" a Catholic thing?  Virgin Mary?  My Protestant is showing.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2020, 02:39:01 AM by Oh_Caroline » Logged
Lady Willoughby

Warned
Gigantic Member

United States United States

Circa Regna Tonat

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: February 07, 2020, 02:47:43 AM »

Ok I need something happy to think about with regards to the GDF...BABY NAMES!!!  Looking at the naming convention/traditions for both families...and names they might want to honor.

The boy's name was much easier than my weak girls name and I gave both my girl's name and first boy's name "Marie" as a second name as that appears to be tradition on Stephanie side of the family.  The seconds boy choice has the "Marie Guillaume" that appear to be very common in the GDF.  Is "Marie" a Catholic thing?  Virgin Mary?  My Protestant is showing.

Yes it is something that is done for boys in Catholic royal families and was more common a couple generations ago amongst everyday catholic families in the states (at least amongst those of Southern European immigrant stock)

Gemsheal

Mini Member

I make all my memes

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: February 07, 2020, 03:26:48 AM »

I love the thought of "Alix" for a girl, Princess Alix of Luxembourg sounds so nice. 

Boys names - I hope they will avoid Henri or Jean - not that there's anything wrong with those names and of course there's the family connection.  I just prefer something a bit more zingy but still family-oriented, perhaps Xavier?  I love the French pronounciation of that name ..

🤓
Oh_Caroline

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: February 07, 2020, 03:28:01 AM »

Oh...Alix Marie Something...I like it.
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

FutureCrayonNotRoyal

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: February 07, 2020, 08:56:47 AM »

Jean Charles Philippe for a boy
Marie Alix Waringo for a girl

Poorly thought out foundation coming soon, exact launch date tbc
Princess MS

Warned
Big Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: February 07, 2020, 09:52:07 AM »

Jean Charles Philippe for a boy
Marie Alix Waringo for a girl

I'd give a pass to Jean for a boy .... no way should MT be recognised at all .... Alix works for me ... no Maria or any version of it
lothwen

Warned
Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: February 07, 2020, 10:38:20 AM »

Oooh, my favorite thing about waiting for babies is trying to name them  Banana

For a boy: Frederick Wilhelm  Guillaume Marie.

For a Girl: Hilda Claudine Marie Charlotte
Pulsatilla

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: February 07, 2020, 02:13:03 PM »

Felix's Kids:

Amalia Gabriela Maria Teresa

Liam Henri Hartmut

Interesting that MT comes after Claire's mother while Henri goes before Claire's father.  Thinking
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: February 07, 2020, 03:11:16 PM »

Felix's Kids:

Amalia Gabriela Maria Teresa

Liam Henri Hartmut

Interesting that MT comes after Claire's mother while Henri goes before Claire's father.  Thinking

It can also be the flow of names, or so.

For example according to family my niece is named after both grandmothers (by concidence the same "base" name). As they didn't like the sound of this "base" name directly after the choosen given name they altered the "base" name a bit.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: