Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 46   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Louis, Tessy & Family  (Read 152224 times)
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2013, 09:15:46 PM »

I don't think Steph (and probably Claire) actually did proper study/work like the most other people. What they did as everyone else have mentioned was pay for prestige of the certificate and the fancy sounding degrees. People with her life experience according to her CV know the ropes or at least have the basics down on public self presentation, speeches, social interaction and small talk, especially at her age Steph. acts like a high school graduate or young university student thrown deep end into the public eye.

Good point, Sparky Star

Trier- Hug No worries!  I know exactly what you mean about the sugars who read here.  The funny thing is, as the time has gone by, many of her fans have seemed to drop off.  There's just not much there to be a fan of (unless you like frumpy, sloppy entitled aristocrats who don't do anything).
Sparky

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2013, 09:42:59 PM »

I don't think Steph (and probably Claire) actually did proper study/work like the most other people. What they did as everyone else have mentioned was pay for prestige of the certificate and the fancy sounding degrees. People with her life experience according to her CV know the ropes or at least have the basics down on public self presentation, speeches, social interaction and small talk, especially at her age Steph. acts like a high school graduate or young university student thrown deep end into the public eye.

Good point, Sparky Star

Trier- Hug No worries!  I know exactly what you mean about the sugars who read here.  The funny thing is, as the time has gone by, many of her fans have seemed to drop off.  There's just not much there to be a fan of (unless you like frumpy, sloppy entitled aristocrats who don't do anything).

Thanks!  Beer  Grin

I think what happened was: people started to pay attention to Steph (no one really knew who she was prior to that) when she got engaged and believed her CV and accomplishments as well as every other pro-Steph article that the PR machine managed to churn out. Then as time past...... it became very apparent her alleged social graces, tasteful fashion style and great achievements were greatly exaggerated, so the fans are dropping off.

The same thing happened to Mary and Kate, during the engagement and early marriage a large segment of people believed all the positive propaganda at how wonderful, caring and accomplished their future Queen's were, only for the illusion to shatter months down the line when people realized the truth. I think people get carried away during the royal wedding fever and for some people it is really the first time they have paid attention to their future Queen, so they are inclined to believe what they are told until they are proven wrong.

tgb

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2013, 12:38:36 AM »

well, Tessy is "just a normal Lux girl" without a posh education, she knows how "normal" people live and what they do, sth you do not learn at the most expensive boarding school in Europe or in a Belgian castle. Yes, she might have grabbed her chance when Louis visited the troops when she was a soldier but she doesn't seem to be a gold digger to me. Not so sure about Linus and Claire, they both seemed to be thrilled with the princess status and both have this superior attitude. MT still seems to remember how badly she was treated by her own MIL and that might be the reason why she is nice to all her DIL but I wonder if she secretly regretts that Louis and Tessy are not in line any longer. Tessy and the boys seem to have a great relationship with MT, the boys seem to have a very close contact with their grandparents, so I would say that Tessy is well accepted by the family.

Excellent point, Trier Star

I give Tessy a lot of credit.  She may have appeared as a gold-digger when she first appeared on the scene, but honestly, I just think she and Louis were dumb kids who didn't do anything to prevent a pregnancy.   Yes

Since that time, she's never spoken to the press (and she really could have in the early days-especially since she married him and wasn't given a title at that time), she's proven herself to be a good mother who seems to genuinely love Louis and her sons.  She's always shown up to events with a smile on her face, and has usually been appropriately groomed and dressed.  She doesn't appear to be trying to take the spotlight away from her mother-in-law or other family members.  She doesn't associate herself with things/organizations that could be considered radical and fundamentalist (a la Claire).  She seems to be happy to be at events where she gets to meet the people of Lux Yes

It's a shame that she's not the HGD.  She may not have had the elite education and training that Stephanie has, but she seems far more suited to the job.  She's the only one who appears to be able to follow in MT's shoes. 

Even Louis, who also doesn't seem like the sharpest knife in the drawer, seems to have more poise and warmth than his brother, the heir.  The contrast is amazing, IMO. 

Wasn't it Tessy who gave a quote about not being a princess who sat on her butt? But totally agree.  Thumb up
freethespoon

Most Exalted Member

BooHoo Sugars

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2013, 12:40:53 AM »

I have alot of admiration for Tessy because she is the antithesis of what a 'royal' should be, and yet she does so much better than others who are supposed to be brilliant at it (both aristo and commoner).  It's proof leaders are made not born, and that it's the ones you least expect who will surprise you.

Yes, I'm TeamTessy.

Ain't nobody got time for Mary's sh*t.
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2013, 01:19:44 AM »

well, Tessy is "just a normal Lux girl" without a posh education, she knows how "normal" people live and what they do, sth you do not learn at the most expensive boarding school in Europe or in a Belgian castle. Yes, she might have grabbed her chance when Louis visited the troops when she was a soldier but she doesn't seem to be a gold digger to me. Not so sure about Linus and Claire, they both seemed to be thrilled with the princess status and both have this superior attitude. MT still seems to remember how badly she was treated by her own MIL and that might be the reason why she is nice to all her DIL but I wonder if she secretly regretts that Louis and Tessy are not in line any longer. Tessy and the boys seem to have a great relationship with MT, the boys seem to have a very close contact with their grandparents, so I would say that Tessy is well accepted by the family.

Excellent point, Trier Star

I give Tessy a lot of credit.  She may have appeared as a gold-digger when she first appeared on the scene, but honestly, I just think she and Louis were dumb kids who didn't do anything to prevent a pregnancy.   Yes

Since that time, she's never spoken to the press (and she really could have in the early days-especially since she married him and wasn't given a title at that time), she's proven herself to be a good mother who seems to genuinely love Louis and her sons.  She's always shown up to events with a smile on her face, and has usually been appropriately groomed and dressed.  She doesn't appear to be trying to take the spotlight away from her mother-in-law or other family members.  She doesn't associate herself with things/organizations that could be considered radical and fundamentalist (a la Claire).  She seems to be happy to be at events where she gets to meet the people of Lux Yes

It's a shame that she's not the HGD.  She may not have had the elite education and training that Stephanie has, but she seems far more suited to the job.  She's the only one who appears to be able to follow in MT's shoes. 

Even Louis, who also doesn't seem like the sharpest knife in the drawer, seems to have more poise and warmth than his brother, the heir.  The contrast is amazing, IMO. 

Wasn't it Tessy who gave a quote about not being a princess who sat on her butt? But totally agree.  Thumb up

Yeah…that was the first time she's spoken to the media (and my guess is that it's the last time too). She told someone at the Daily Fail that she doesn't sit on a throne all day Roll Eyes  She's not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but she seems like her heart's in the right place.  I have the feeling we won't see any more "interviews" with her any time soon Thinking  Hopefully not.  Just like Spoonie-I'm Team Tessy, and I don't want to have to quit. 
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2013, 09:46:20 AM »

I don't 100% see her a gold digger - I think she got excited when a prince got interested in her (who would not at this age?) but she has developped really fine. I think she does not care really about having a title or now. She has a life style she could have only dreamed of otherwise and not many obligations.
ortensia

Huge Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2013, 12:04:46 PM »

i'm under the impression that claire,rich,beautiful figure,at ease among the royal and in her own skin, looks at her sisters in law with condescendence.
she probably thinks that steph is a pennyless outcast who looks like a potato and that's too self consciuous to be a real threat.
and i guess claire thinks: tessy who?
Trier1

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2013, 01:38:57 PM »

ok not new but I feel lazy today and looking at the pics from the Lux family from 2013 is more interesting than tidy up my place  Blush, so you get some pics from them that I found at the page from the cour (you have to click on a lot of things to get all pics, their web presence is horrible)
Louis and Tessy in Differdingen at the Fisherman's friend strongman run in October

Countess of Cows

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2013, 02:38:16 PM »

yep I'm a Team Tessy, for a young woman that started with unfortunate circumstance  I think she's handled herself quiet well...... much better than other older, more educated (see Mary) or others that after 10 years still don't "get it" (see Charly)  at least it seems like she TRIES  Thumb up

"I would sooner have you hate me for telling you the truth than adore me for telling you lies." Pietro Aretino

I would rather be hated for something I am, than loved for something I am not. -Bob Marley
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2013, 06:01:55 PM »

yep I'm a Team Tessy, for a young woman that started with unfortunate circumstance  I think she's handled herself quiet well...... much better than other older, more educated (see Mary) or others that after 10 years still don't "get it" (see Charly)  at least it seems like she TRIES  Thumb up

Absolutely! Star
editorathome
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Bouvet Island Bouvet Island

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2013, 08:32:18 PM »

She tries, always looks pleasant and interested, and seems to genuinely care about serving her country. What a pity the same can't be said of the HGD. Dead  Maybe we'll see more of Tessy Thumb up  as Precious Snowflake 2.0 retreats further into her scarf closet and sucks her thumb.
freethespoon

Most Exalted Member

BooHoo Sugars

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: December 31, 2013, 09:45:21 PM »

The people who succeed in life aren't always the ones with the best breeding.  I know I wax lyrical about the man but Steve Jobs was raised by a mechanic father and a payroll clerk mother, and started his career in a garage.  And he was a genius IMO and reinvented the way we see technology.  No-one in the BRF, DRF or Lux did that despite their amazing breeding and pedigree.  They were too busy living high on the hog whilst another man created a a modern day empire.

Tessy tries.  And people respond to that, whether you are of impeccable breeding or otherwise.  People who don't try - I'm looking at you Linus, I see you hiding behind that scarf and filthy hair - well, it is responded to appropriately, whether of impeccable breeding or otherwise.

The reality is, in 2013, not many people still believe in the magic vagina - and bless the hearts of those that do, they really do have a unique outlook on the world - so people like Tessy get an opportunity to prove their worth.  With great results IMO.

Ain't nobody got time for Mary's sh*t.
seriously

Small Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2014, 05:27:13 AM »

I am a total Tessy sugar. Not only does she appear to be interested in her engagements and connect well with people, she completely blows the idea that only aristos are suitable for royal life out of the water. I wish she had more engagements (especially seeing as how Steph and her "ideal" background are MIA a lot of the time), but since Louis and their sons are not in line to the throne it is understandable they live a more low-key life.
babalux

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2014, 03:15:27 PM »

ok not new but I feel lazy today and looking at the pics from the Lux family from 2013 is more interesting than tidy up my place  Blush, so you get some pics from them that I found at the page from the cour (you have to click on a lot of things to get all pics, their web presence is horrible)
Louis and Tessy in Differdingen at the Fisherman's friend strongman run in October

Looks like a fun event. Though the water thing might be funnier in warm July.
Trier1

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2014, 07:58:49 PM »

there are some new pics of Louis and Tessy on the webpage of the cour (official pics)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 46   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: