Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 150   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Louis, Tessy & Family  (Read 430722 times)
YellowPoppy

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #2175 on: December 06, 2018, 08:55:53 AM »

Am I the only one who was cringing at the "mother of european princes".
Who freaking cares? Princes of nothing who have no access to the succession ... sooo?

No surprise she was thirsty enough to ask a court to rule over her title. Perhaps she hoped for clemency here because she knew she had 0,0 chances in Lux.

Once you are Real you can?t be ugly, except to people who don?t understand. - The Velveteen Rabbit
karma chamelion

Small Member

Henry 'Hotspur' Percy

Ignore
« Reply #2176 on: December 06, 2018, 09:42:51 AM »

I don’t know what I’m a Mackinzie friend is. But anyway that’s how rich men get away with not giving their ex-wives the money they deserve,  They can afford better lawyers

Yes and up until fairly recent history law has been a very misogynistic field.

In Tessy's case she didn't have a snowball's chance, she was going up against Henri's people, some of the best money can buy.

She'll go lick her wounds for a while if she's smart and contemplate some life lessons learned. I hope now that it's settled she can get back on an even keel, no more designer gowns and handbags, she's not a princess any more. Get back to the hard working Tessy who seemed so down to earth. I miss that Tessy.

"The pen is mightier than the sword" - Edward Bulwer-Lytton
Pomme

Big Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Mary who?

Ignore
« Reply #2177 on: December 06, 2018, 09:43:22 AM »

Who freaking cares? Princes of nothing who have no access to the succession ... sooo?

No surprise she was thirsty enough to ask a court to rule over her title. Perhaps she hoped for clemency here because she knew she had 0,0 chances in Lux.

Indeed, I uncorked a bottle of European champagne to enjoy that little tidbit.

Talk to the hair, you slitherin' Skank
http://i.imgur.com/2mUIe.jpg
Felicia

Warned
Small Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #2178 on: December 06, 2018, 11:57:14 AM »

Having read the judgment I am astonished at how little money they claim to have access to.
The judge went out of his way to praise Tessy and insisted in no way was she a gold digger
Re the representation-actually in matrimonial courts the main thing is whether you have the forensic accountants working for you to unearth where the money has been hidden-the law itself (in England) is relatively straightforward and if you are a litigant in person the judge's will generally bend over backwards to help you to level the playing field ( I have practiced in the area in the past )

Her problem as i read it is that they were always dependant on charity for Henri & Co but it was not formalised and hence couldn't be relied on

Frankly given the amount of money they have they would have been better off offering a more generous settlement ,and not risk her turning into an embarrasment to the family (including their grandchildren) as she grafts for money.This whole thing strikes me as Being like Fergie and the Royal Family and that did not play out well
Lady Alice

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #2179 on: December 06, 2018, 12:49:10 PM »

I saw it. Par for course. I may have eyerolled a little. She's been harping on it/using it to define herself on her spcial media trainwreck that I'm just used to seeing it, so I didn't refer to it.

leatherface

Big Member

Nigeria Nigeria

Ignore
« Reply #2180 on: December 06, 2018, 01:10:47 PM »

Tessy clearly doesn't want to save, she wants to continue to live the lavish lifestyle to which she is accustomed. Find another sugar daddy, Tessy...
I disagree with the blooded part, Louis wasn't her sugar daddy but her husband with whom she had a family and left whatever her prior career path was in order to work as a member of the royal family. By even common logic she is entitled to the same lifestyle as her husband.

It always rattles me when woman who leave their independent lives in order to raise a family or put their partners career ahead and take a back seat are branded gold diggers when marriage falls apart. I don't think every man needs to pay alimony (aka Angelina Jolie) but in this case its very unfair to her irrespective of her erratic behavior.

Similarly is the woman was the main breadwinner, then she needs to pay alimony to her partner. It's just shameful and unfair IMHO.

With respect she didn't have a career or a career path when they married.   Her in-laws funded her education--BA in International Relations and MA in International Studies and Diplomacy (per her Linkedin page).   And neither of them were workings royals...they attended a handful of engagements every year.  According to the court document she has an annual income of £75,000 through an actual job whereas Louis gets a €40,000 (about £36,000) allowance from his parents.  Their house in the US and in London were paid for by ADB and they were allowed to live rent free.  ADB has offered to take care of her housing until Noah finishes his tertiary education (first degree).

She has more education (thanks to the GDF) and a higher income than Louis.  Her settlement takes care of housing for the next 12 years and all education and healthcare expenses for the boys.   Thanks to boarding school and shared custody she'll spend 6-8 weeks a year with the boys and is receiving £4,000 for each child to cover expenses.

Now yes the GDF trust fund question is interesting...but without hard proof that Louis is set to inherit big time the judge made a ruling based on the facts available.

From the court ruling:

With respect to the issue of the inheritance prospects of the husband, it is accepted by the husband that he has already received inheritance monies in the sum of €510,750. The husband however, contends that his prospects for any further inheritance remain uncertain. In his answers to the wife's questionnaire, the husband conceded that at the time the early payment was made there was discussion of the further inheritance monies, possibly in the region of €1M, being paid to him and his siblings were this to be affordable. The husband asserts however, that this was stated as no more than a possibility and certainly not a firm expectation, with no timescale being discussed. The husband repeated this position in his statement. Within this context, the husband contended that he has no expectation of receiving any further inheritance in the foreseeable future. The wife rejected this assertion and stated that it had been made it clear that this future payment was "much more than a possibility". The wife however, conceded in cross-examination that no timeline had been discussed.
Thank you for more updated information. I have a close friend going through the same phase, she quit as a lawyer and now after 10 years of marriage which ended due to a 4 year long affair her husband was having with one of his colleague, she has to fight in court on why she is entitled to any alimony with a degree in law.

International Relations is a very good degree from job prospects wise. There are many high paying roles that she can choose from and I hope she never gives up her job if she finds another man who wants a glorified housewife. Women should really be very careful when it comes to making such decisions. It always come back to haunt when a marriage falls apart.

So true,  my sister just finished finalized her divorce from her cheating husband and came out worse than she should have.  She gave up an executive track career for him and then he files for bankruptcy in order to get out of giving her a deserved settlement and child support.

At least the children are taken care of by their grandparents and Louis is paying decent child support.
anastasia beaverhausen

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #2181 on: December 06, 2018, 02:53:39 PM »

I’m just not sure what Tessy thought was going to happen. If she wanted out of the marriage, she certainly must have considered the limited funds Louis actually possessed.  And I am not an attorney but even I know that titles are not settled or awarded in foreign courts.

If she really wanted the title and the lifestyle, then she should have figured out a way to stay married (and I would not recommend that to anyone with a low tolerance for pain). Adulting is hard.
Royle

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #2182 on: December 06, 2018, 03:21:53 PM »

The current house the ADB owns was purchased at a sum of almost 3 M pounds. They have offered to purchase a house for half that amount (1.5 M pounds) for her to live in rent and mortgage free and pay for capital expenses for about 12 years BUT only in London or the South East of England... which is a big shift in lifestyle from Kensington. What makes this a really cheap offer is the limit to London and South East of England because if she wanted to shift back to Luxembourg or Scotland or the US or anywhere else, Princess Tessy is really cannot due to the restrictions. Who knows what will happen to her job prospects in London when Brexit happens and she is a non-citizen... same boat as other EU.
Oh_Caroline

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #2183 on: December 06, 2018, 03:48:31 PM »

The  £1.5M really doesn't surprise me...the current home was £2,685,676 and would have increase a little in value...if Louis and Tessy were the actual owners and sold the property she would only get half.  My hope is that if she needs to relocate for employment that ADB will honor the "housing for 12 years" bit and convert the  £1.5M bit accordingly (ex. $1.9M or €1.7M) as the house is really for the boys and Tessy gets to live there too.
SvenskaSarah

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #2184 on: December 06, 2018, 04:35:55 PM »

I honestly feel so sorry for the boys to be caught up and used like pawns in this. Even more sad that someday in the future they'll be able to access these records and discover what a truly messy situation this whole divorce has been, not to mention how selfish their mother acted.
Curtains

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #2185 on: December 06, 2018, 04:40:25 PM »

I’m remembering another Royal divorce, this time in the BRF, of a younger son. When the soon-to-be ex wife came to the negotiating table, the number “zero” was put on a piece of paper and slid over to her and her attorneys.  “That is the sum of our client’s financial position” was their response when asked what “zero” represented.

"Some of it's magic, and some of it's tragic: but I had a good life, all the way." - Jimmy Buffet, America's premiere poet
Jonathan

Gigantic Member

Life's hard being fabulous

Ignore
« Reply #2186 on: December 06, 2018, 05:12:47 PM »

£1.5M is peanuts for buying a house in London or the South East. I live in Brighton and some flats here cost £2M. I still think she got a raw deal. The lux's are incredible rich and have hidden their money well.

Advice to my Brother on his wedding day

Never say

I know you do
I've had better
Did you say something
Royle

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #2187 on: December 06, 2018, 06:57:11 PM »

At least the judge recognizes that. He has given her more time in their home in Kensington - and if the ADB decides to sell the house out from under her and the boys, they must give her 6 months' notice.
Royle

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #2188 on: December 06, 2018, 07:03:12 PM »

Interesting that the couple had about 500,000 pounds in cash at one point. And it seems that legal fees consumed that, Louis represented by a QC, which means that there was nothing left for the judge to split. What is a classic love to get rid of matrimonial liquid assets and deprive your spouse and children of ready cash.

(lots of insights contained in book by NYC divorce lawyer James Sexton, If You're In My Office, it's Already Too Late.)
Charlotte

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #2189 on: December 06, 2018, 07:12:18 PM »

The current house the ADB owns was purchased at a sum of almost 3 M pounds. They have offered to purchase a house for half that amount (1.5 M pounds) for her to live in rent and mortgage free and pay for capital expenses for about 12 years BUT only in London or the South East of England... which is a big shift in lifestyle from Kensington. What makes this a really cheap offer is the limit to London and South East of England because if she wanted to shift back to Luxembourg or Scotland or the US or anywhere else, Princess Tessy is really cannot due to the restrictions. Who knows what will happen to her job prospects in London when Brexit happens and she is a non-citizen... same boat as other EU.

It almost sounds like they're trying to banish her from Lux or nearby. According to the legal doc, Tessy is owes over £66,000 to her former attorneys. She handed in her notice for her current job in August and is looking for other employment. As someone just stated, she should have hanged on to the marriage especially as she was just getting international. Now it's too late. Maria Teresa tried to get her to stay. I wish Tessy the besst, but she's been quite deluded.

Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 150   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: