Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Louis, Tessy & Family  (Read 430724 times)
Charlotte

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #2205 on: December 07, 2018, 01:01:50 AM »

The current house the ADB owns was purchased at a sum of almost 3 M pounds. They have offered to purchase a house for half that amount (1.5 M pounds) for her to live in rent and mortgage free and pay for capital expenses for about 12 years BUT only in London or the South East of England... which is a big shift in lifestyle from Kensington. What makes this a really cheap offer is the limit to London and South East of England because if she wanted to shift back to Luxembourg or Scotland or the US or anywhere else, Princess Tessy is really cannot due to the restrictions. Who knows what will happen to her job prospects in London when Brexit happens and she is a non-citizen... same boat as other EU.

It almost sounds like they're trying to banish her from Lux or nearby. According to the legal doc, Tessy is owes over £66,000 to her former attorneys. She handed in her notice for her current job in August and is looking for other employment. As someone just stated, she should have hanged on to the marriage especially as she was just getting international. Now it's too late. Maria Teresa tried to get her to stay. I wish Tessy the besst, but she's been quite deluded.

Did MT try to get her to stay? Where did we see that ?
And I know Tessy filed first for divorce. But I was under the impression it was because Louis was the unhappy one and he was about to file? 

Basically, the last and only? interview with Tessy and Louis, Maria Teresa said she was closest to Tessy out of all her daughters in law and was very complementary towards her. I got the impression she was trying to get them to stay together.

pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #2206 on: December 07, 2018, 01:06:34 AM »

£1.5M is peanuts for buying a house in London or the South East. I live in Brighton and some flats here cost £2M. I still think she got a raw deal. The lux's are incredible rich and have hidden their money well.

Jonathan, do you think that's because of her poor behavior or was her poor behavior a symptom of the stress of fighting against a corrupt system? Serious question that I'm trying to figure out myself. Probably a little of both, but I have to wonder if she had been more discreet and humble if things might have gone better for her.

I feel really sorry for their sons, the stress of this situation can't be hidden and I'm sure it's effected them. Yes AB, maybe a better decision would have been to stay married if in name only, so many couples have marriages of convenience and go their own ways in private. We'll never know, but in hindsight...

I  have a theory that may seem outlandish but it has stuck with me all the time this has gone on. Two things happened in her life.

1_ Seriously major
2_ to most of us trivial

I believe that she had a miscarriage at some point. This is something that never leaves us. I have always said that no man has the right to discuss a woman's body because he will have no idea what he is talking about as the emotions will be alien to him. So at some point that happened and it will never leave her. I can give no more comment than that.

Now this may seem trivial to us but in a sense it would be quite likely the seed that sowed the tree of divorce. Many of us saw Stefanie give her a snub. Tessy had been the only d-i-l for some time and had a good relationship with the family. Stefanie arrives. Doesn't like it and sets out to make her stamp. I reckon she must have felt very insecure. She married and moves country shortly after her mother died and suddenly finds a popular princess in situ.

Tessy would have clearly have wanted Louis to take her side - be the chest beating man of the house blah de blah de blah. The Lux kids might be dim but they are very loyal to each other. One thing leads to another. Suddenly the man child she has married has been shown to have been the child all along. These things play out over time.

No divorce is easy and isolating herself in London having the aspirational Z list as her friends all looking for fun at someone else's expense did the job. She went on a slow and very public melt down.  All the Lux family had to do was sit and wait. It isn't difficult for the rich to hide money. I was once friendly with a obscenely rich couple. She threw him out, expected a large settlement. He immediately moved into a small mansion owned by his mother and signed on social security.  The wife is suddenly the higher earner and he goes for her money. She agrees to not make a claim against him in future if his fortunes change and he won't pursue her for cash. She signs. Within the year he has married, bought a country estate and a yacht.

I think that the Lux's could have been kinder. I think her own parents should have gotten involved. A private settlement would have been better and certainly her future would have been secure. Sadly the Z list were having too much fun and Tessy is popular. To popular. This is when we will see how loyal they are and how she makes it in the real world. I don't have a beef with her education being paid by her in laws. It was advantageous to both parties and frankly so what.

What is truly sad is there is no going back. She has said and done too much. Her children are part of the ruling family as as they grow there will be parts of their lives she will never be able to share. She will be frozen out.

I wish she had a true friend to advise her but that wasn't going to happen.

I have yet to see a photo of Stefanie and the other Wife (Felix's) having a  genuinely good time together. Or more importantly, with Alex.

Excellent points, my dear friend.  Star  I agree 100000%.
cordtx

Warned
Ginormous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #2207 on: December 07, 2018, 01:13:16 AM »

I agree MT really cared about her and she looked so sad around the time they must have seperated before it became public.

I wish they had just given her a private settlement because I think this looks bad for Lux.
I wonder what the people of Lux are saying about this because Tessy is one of their own, unlike the other sisters in law.
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #2208 on: December 07, 2018, 01:58:52 AM »

I agree MT really cared about her and she looked so sad around the time they must have seperated before it became public.

I wish they had just given her a private settlement because I think this looks bad for Lux.
I wonder what the people of Lux are saying about this because Tessy is one of their own, unlike the other sisters in law.

I think so too.  IIRC, MT spent quite a bit of time in London in the months before the separation was announced. I definitely think she was there to try to help them stay together and/or work out whatever it was that split them up in the first place.

I always felt badly for Alex and MT as they were genuinely close with Tessy all these years. 
anastasia beaverhausen

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #2209 on: December 07, 2018, 03:12:27 AM »

I think so too.  IIRC, MT spent quite a bit of time in London in the months before the separation was announced. I definitely think she was there to try to help them stay together and/or work out whatever it was that split them up in the first place.

I always felt badly for Alex and MT as they were genuinely close with Tessy all these years. 

And now all they’re left with are Stephanie and Claire, neither of whom seem very warm to me.
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #2210 on: December 07, 2018, 07:00:10 AM »

Even Fergie got outright money and money for a home that would be put in the names of the children! The toe-sucking photos were much more scandalous than anything remotely Tessy.

Alexandra in Denmark got a house, support, and a title HE for as long as she remained single.

How Tessy is treated by comparison... 

Alexandra got a house and a lump sum because it was her right per her prenup. Presumably Tessy signed a prenup?

Tessy’s actions post-split put her squarely in the Fergie camp. She’s been embarrassing and selfish. It is a mystery her family hasn’t stepped in.
leatherface

Big Member

Nigeria Nigeria

Ignore
« Reply #2211 on: December 07, 2018, 07:18:20 AM »

Tessy's family may well have stepped in and given her advice but whether she listened to and/or took their advice is another thing entirely.
genegal43

Medium Member

All I got was a Nancy Pearl Action Figure...

Ignore
« Reply #2212 on: December 08, 2018, 12:38:06 AM »

Tessy's family may well have stepped in and given her advice but whether she listened to and/or took their advice is another thing entirely.

Exactly! 

Kindness can only go so far before you realize that you're not changing anything about the situation.  After the deal with my aunt and uncle, I can understand why the Luxes weren't generous with Tessy. 

Genealogy: shrinking the world one person at a time!
ralf103

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #2213 on: December 08, 2018, 12:47:10 AM »

Even Fergie got outright money and money for a home that would be put in the names of the children! The toe-sucking photos were much more scandalous than anything remotely Tessy.

Alexandra in Denmark got a house, support, and a title HE for as long as she remained single.

Alexandra got a house and a lump sum because it was her right per her prenup. Presumably Tessy signed a prenup?

Tessy’s actions post-split put her squarely in the Fergie camp. She’s been embarrassing and selfish. It is a mystery her family hasn’t stepped in.

Also remember Alexandra and Fergie were working members of their RF when they divorced - indeed Alexandra was, after the Queen, the only working female royal in Denmark at the time so had a a significant role in the RF. Tessy was the wife of the third son who had given up his place in the succession to marry her. She has in effect a private person and the divorce could well reflect that.
fruela

Baby Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #2214 on: December 08, 2018, 10:29:21 AM »

She was a private person but took part in official events and  she did very well. I don't understand why she just threw everything away.She seemed well-liked and treated by the family, especially those that matter, Henri and MT.  Maybe she should have turned to her country and got involved in a good cause FROM there.Do her fellow citizens like her?
anastasia beaverhausen

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #2215 on: December 08, 2018, 04:36:24 PM »

She was a private person but took part in official events and  she did very well. I don't understand why she just threw everything away.She seemed well-liked and treated by the family, especially those that matter, Henri and MT.  Maybe she should have turned to her country and got involved in a good cause FROM there.Do her fellow citizens like her?

The only things I can come up with are:

Very bad legal advice
Belief that the good fortune she’s enjoyed since meeting Louis would continue
Belief that she could outsmart the family
Not understanding how weak her position truly was
Lovis

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #2216 on: December 08, 2018, 07:19:21 PM »

Also remember Alexandra and Fergie were working members of their RF when they divorced - indeed Alexandra was, after the Queen, the only working female royal in Denmark at the time so had a a significant role in the RF. Tessy was the wife of the third son who had given up his place in the succession to marry her. She has in effect a private person and the divorce could well reflect that.

Just curious, what happens after the divorce? Will he be able to get back in line?
editorathome
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Bouvet Island Bouvet Island

Ignore
« Reply #2217 on: December 08, 2018, 08:29:10 PM »

And I agree with Jonathan, her own parents should have stepped in to guide her.
Do we know that they didn't? Perhaps they (and/or other family and friends) did try but she wouldn't listen, either due to mental illness, or arrogance and greed. Thinking
jessmie

Medium Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #2218 on: December 08, 2018, 08:46:14 PM »

Just curious, what happens after the divorce? Will he be able to get back in line?

I’d think that he wouldn’t be able to be re-included in the line of succession. Once you renounce your rights, why should you be able to “retrieve” them if your situation has changed?

Also, I am not really aware of any perks that might come along with being an heir officially, and I doubt Louis would have ambitions to succeed his father. Even if Guillaume and Stephanie remain childless, Felix has two children, both of whom would precede Louis.
Elissa

Ginormous Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #2219 on: December 08, 2018, 08:58:41 PM »

Louis gave away his rights for him and his children because he didn't want them to have different statuses.
Gabriel being born out of wedlock was automatically excluded from the succession. But Noah and any children of Louis born after the wedding would have had succession rights.
So Louis renounced his rights for himself and all his descendants.

I don't see him wanting to change anything now.

Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: