Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 82   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Xtian - Izzy - Josie - Vince - NEWS  (Read 375179 times)
Oh_Caroline

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #1095 on: October 10, 2019, 12:47:43 AM »

Do we know for sure whether they’re boarding or renting a house and going as day students?  Are they going for a semester or more long term?   Why?  What school?  Do they even have the language skills for schooling in Switzerland?

This whole thing has been done so poorly.
periwinkle

Big Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #1096 on: October 10, 2019, 12:48:14 AM »

Or they want to isolate them from bad press they see everyday to and from school and whispers and cruelty from classmates. Something is about to go down!
KimmySue

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #1097 on: October 10, 2019, 02:05:05 AM »

I would lean more to something going on with Fred since Mary was made Regent. I don't think they would have done that if a divorce is coming. And as was said by periwinkle, maybe this is a way to get the kids away from the press when everything comes out? But then, it also sounds like the parents will take turns staying with them in Switzerland (which makes me think the kids will not be actually boarding at the school) and if that is the case, I don't think it would be Fred going to rehab. But maybe the parents are not taking turns and it will be Mary with them in Switzerland and she was made regent just in case something happened to Daisy while Fred is MIA. Strange.

Barrie

Most Exalted Member

Canada Canada

Rufus loves Royal Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #1098 on: October 10, 2019, 02:09:57 AM »

Seems odd to pull the kids out of school halfway through a school year but it must a pretty serious reason.
Royal Me!

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #1099 on: October 10, 2019, 02:27:36 AM »

I'm now beyond bothered by the sheer number of Danish tax-payers' kroners spent outside of Denmark
for Denmark's most well-taken-of recipients on the government dole.
Hester
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #1100 on: October 10, 2019, 02:48:41 AM »

I went to an ‘international’ boarding school for 3 years and enjoyed it despite coming from a culture where boarding school is atypical, but it’s odd to me to send a whole group of siblings of different ages in the middle of the school year.

You weren’t only eight years old though, were you?
Oh_Caroline

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #1101 on: October 10, 2019, 02:52:24 AM »

So the Copenhagen International School wasn't good enough?

https://www.cis.dk/

Not thinking of them but I also saw that there's the Lycée Français Prins Henrik in Frederiksberg.  I totally would have pushed for that if I was Marie.

http://www.lfph.dk/
SunFlower19

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #1102 on: October 10, 2019, 03:30:45 AM »

I went to an ‘international’ boarding school for 3 years and enjoyed it despite coming from a culture where boarding school is atypical, but it’s odd to me to send a whole group of siblings of different ages in the middle of the school year.

You weren’t only eight years old though, were you?

No, I was 11, and on the young side as over half my classmates were day students the first year. By my last year at 13 the majority of my classmates were boarders. If I had stayed another year, I’m not sure there would have been any day students.

As I said in my original comment, I only met 8 year old boarders who were exclusively nanny raised, or their parents worked in a (typically non-western) country, and for various reasons, did not want to educate their children locally. Honestly, there were a few rumors that some were children of extremely wealthy fathers who were involved in illegal activities, and it was safer to move their children to boarding school.  Not sure if that was our collective wild imaginations or the truth. Roll Eyes

I don’t think the youngest boarders actually boarded the way the rest of us did, but instead lived in a family home situation with staff. TBH, I never paid attention to kids younger than me. 
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #1103 on: October 10, 2019, 03:43:29 AM »

Admittedly this is none of my business, but I think this is creepy and selfish. I don't think any other European royal family would send 8 year old children to boarding school in another country.

Not to be extreme but it just strikes me as inhumane. Even sending them to a Danish boarding school or sending them to a country where they have family, or sending them to a neighbouring country, or a country which isn't 1000 kilometers away. Anything seems kinder.

Is it because little Henrik and Athena have the opportunity to grow up more internationally then the Crownp prince couple's children. Is there some king of envy there. So they are cooking up a situtuation to have their children also in an international environment.

Of course the Schack's are in a total different situation, but it seems to me that there is some kind of competition going on coming from Yrma toward the Schacks.

It's just a gut feeling, e.g. they cannot offer their children more than we do, when we are the CP family, the future ruler family. If the Schack children have an internatioal scholastic exprience, their children have to have it as well. And they do it in one wash, like in the old days, if one kid gets the chickenpocks you don't sequester the child, but let it play with your other children, to get it over with.

** see Marie's interview in "The Schacks" thread.

« Last Edit: October 10, 2019, 03:57:27 AM by PeDe » Logged

dKaren

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #1104 on: October 10, 2019, 07:11:23 AM »

Or they want to isolate them from bad press they see everyday to and from school and whispers and cruelty from classmates. Something is about to go down!

That's what I thought at the beginning. But since Freddles and Mosh have always been so entitled, so spoilt by the Danish press, they probably don't care if they would spend a lot more money from the Danish tax payers just to enjoy the international experience. They know they can do whatever they want and wouldn't get criticized in Denmark.
Malenkaya

Baby Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #1105 on: October 10, 2019, 07:24:58 AM »

Do we know for sure whether they’re boarding or renting a house and going as day students?  Are they going for a semester or more long term?   Why?  What school?  Do they even have the language skills for schooling in Switzerland?

The kids speak English fluently (well they kind of have to) and there are quite a few Swiss schools that cater to English speakers.

I looked up Institut Le Rosey and they actually start students when they are 7. Other Swiss boarding schools start them much younger.

The entire thing is strange. Christian and Izzy going starting next year would make more sense. The twins are too young. Also, who of the DRF is left in Denmark once all this is said and done? This is going to be playing Where in the World is <insert DRF member>?
Hester
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #1106 on: October 10, 2019, 08:38:18 AM »

The kids speak English fluently (well they kind of have to)

Eve

Medium Member

Estonia Estonia

Ignore
« Reply #1107 on: October 10, 2019, 08:40:21 AM »

I was digging a little into the history of the royal family and from Frederik's bio: in the period 1982–1983, he was a boarder at École des Roches in Normandy, France. Fred was similar age of Christian when he was sent to France. Joachim was also a boarder at École in 1982-1983. He was ~13, close to Isabella's age. Margrethe II spent a year at North Foreland Lodge, a boarding school for girls in Hampshire, England.

Perhaps its just their "thing" to send children to the boarding school at some point? To give them new experience and make them more independent? The twins didn't want to be left out and wanted to accompany their older siblings to Switzerland (you know how younger siblings tend to pretend to be more grown than their age, so as not to be left out)? Anyway I hope they will have fun time there and will adjust there. I worry about Vincent and Josephine thought.
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Sophie Winklestan

Ignore
« Reply #1108 on: October 10, 2019, 08:42:03 AM »

I'm now beyond bothered by the sheer number of Danish tax-payers' kroners spent outside of Denmark
for Denmark's most well-taken-of recipients on the government dole.

Currently visualizing my highest self
Kristallinchen

Gigantic Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #1109 on: October 10, 2019, 08:46:24 AM »

I was digging a little into the history of the royal family and from Frederik's bio: in the period 1982–1983, he was a boarder at École des Roches in Normandy, France. Fred was similar age of Christian when he was sent to France. Joachim was also a boarder at École in 1982-1983. He was ~13, close to Isabella's age. Margrethe II spent a year at North Foreland Lodge, a boarding school for girls in Hampshire, England.

Perhaps its just their "thing" to send children to the boarding school at some point? To give them new experience and make them more independent? The twins didn't want to be left out and wanted to accompany their older siblings to Switzerland (you know how younger siblings tend to pretend to be more grown than their age, so as not to be left out)? Anyway I hope they will have fun time there and will adjust there. I worry about Vincent and Josephine thought.

I think is thing is not that they're sent to boarding school as this is simply a thing that royals/rich people do, but that all four children are being sent at once in middle of the school year and that the twins are only 8.

Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 82   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: