Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 82   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Xtian - Izzy - Josie - Vince - NEWS  (Read 375212 times)
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Sophie Winklestan

Ignore
« Reply #1110 on: October 10, 2019, 08:46:38 AM »

I was digging a little into the history of the royal family and from Frederik's bio: in the period 1982Ė1983, he was a boarder at …cole des Roches in Normandy, France. Fred was similar age of Christian when he was sent to France. Joachim was also a boarder at …cole in 1982-1983. He was ~13, close to Isabella's age. Margrethe II spent a year at North Foreland Lodge, a boarding school for girls in Hampshire, England.

Perhaps its just their "thing" to send children to the boarding school at some point? To give them new experience and make them more independent? The twins didn't want to be left out and wanted to accompany their older siblings to Switzerland (you know how younger siblings tend to pretend to be more grown than their age, so as not to be left out)? Anyway I hope they will have fun time there and will adjust there. I worry about Vincent and Josephine thought.

This might be true, except Fred has been very open about how little he saw his parents when he was young, how he was raised by nannies and governesses, and how he absolutely would choose a different way for his own children.

It's all rather sad and weird

Currently visualizing my highest self
chocolate_angel

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #1111 on: October 10, 2019, 08:48:20 AM »

IMHO I also agree: this move is ruthless, disturbing, insane
Sending Christian to boarding school would have been a normal choice, in order to prepare him for his future role, thus, learning about himself being in a new environment and getting to know people and living with them and their insights (culture, language etc). is beneficial. Even sending Isabella with him (so he won't feel so homesick) I could understand that.
BUT: Sending away the twins?! Please, they have nannies (one for each child!) - You cannot tell me that they are "hands-on-parents, because the behaviour of the kids (esp. Josie) at official engagements isn't always the best...
My heart break for Vinnie! This gentle soul of his hopefully won't get crushed...
THose two are pathetic parents! I cannot express how much I despise them...
And lastly: Fred complaining that he didn't see much of his parents and Mosh bragging about that she would never hire nannies to look after her children (pre-wedding interview): well, look who's talking! Just disgusting!
Tatini

Gigantic Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #1112 on: October 10, 2019, 08:53:09 AM »

What a strange choice, sending Christian would have made sense, given his age and future, but all four of them??? Is there anything that they donít want the kids to see? Hopefully not
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Sophie Winklestan

Ignore
« Reply #1113 on: October 10, 2019, 09:02:56 AM »

What a strange choice, sending Christian would have made sense, given his age and future, but all four of them??? Is there anything that they donít want the kids to see? Hopefully not

And even Christian - we've seen no evidence yet of Fred and Mary starting to prepare Christian for his future role. Leonor is the same age, and has undertaken a few official engagements with her parents, faces far greater media scrutiny and attends school in Spain.

Over in Belgium (and Phil and Til are the MVPs of royal parenting) Elisabeth attended school in Brussels until she was 16 and then started studying at the International College in Wales.

Christian is being raised in a safe, secure, multilingual home, and I expect Denmark has a lot of excellent schools to choose from. This doesn't feel like a planned, coherent decision, more like a response to something that is happening.

Currently visualizing my highest self
Eve

Medium Member

Estonia Estonia

Ignore
« Reply #1114 on: October 10, 2019, 09:51:58 AM »

Well, I don't also understand this decision to send away 9-years-olds (they will be nine on 8 January 2020) to a boarding school. Its too young to be so far away from home. Non less they will be sent to a foreign country, where is totally new environment and strange people, different language. Its sad to hear that there are parents who put even younger children at the boarding school! Even many adults are insecure, find it difficult to settle and adjust in new and foreign environment, so how little children must feel?!

I really, really, really hope that the twins had right to decide and say no, if they were against this move. But hearing not so favorable things about Mosh ... then I wouldn't be surprised if the kids were just told they have to go and that's it  Sad

I really don't understand Fred. When he had that bad experience from his childhood, then why put his own children in the same position??? Doesn't he really have any balls to stand up for once and say, No more of this!, They are MY children and I take care of them!! He works so little anyway, so he should have more than enough time to spend with his kids!
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #1115 on: October 10, 2019, 10:59:25 AM »

https://www.dr.dk/nyheder...ene-til-schweiz-i-12-uger

Itís for 12 weeks and Mary will be staying with them for most of the time, Fred will be there occasionally too.

Completely odd in all ways IMO.
Elissa

Ginormous Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #1116 on: October 10, 2019, 11:16:01 AM »

Mary will be with them ? What's the use of making her regent then ?

Thistle

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #1117 on: October 10, 2019, 11:18:32 AM »

This so damn weird  Blink

Reading can seriously damage your ignorance
Duchess of Suffolk

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #1118 on: October 10, 2019, 11:20:48 AM »

Their Royal Highnesses Prince Christian, Princess Isabella, Prince Vincent and Princess Josephine will begin a 12-week school break at the Lemania-Verbier International School in Switzerland at the beginning of the new year. When the schooling is completed, all four children will continue their schooling in their current classes at Tranegårdsskolen in Gentofte.

Her Royal Highness The Crown Princess will primarily stay with the children in Switzerland during the period, and His Royal Highness The Crown Prince will be with the family when there are opportunities for it in the Crown Prince's program. As a result of the children's schooling, the Crown Princess's official activities in Denmark will be fewer.

With the school stay, the Crown Prince couple wants to give their children a common experience in an international environment.

Hester
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #1119 on: October 10, 2019, 11:23:02 AM »

Their Royal Highnesses Prince Christian, Princess Isabella, Prince Vincent and Princess Josephine will begin a 12-week school break at the Lemania-Verbier International School in Switzerland at the beginning of the new year. When the schooling is completed, all four chil
Her Royal Highness The Crown Princess will primarily stay with the children in Switzerland during the period, and His Royal Highness The Crown Prince will be with the family when there are opportunities for it in the Crown Prince's program. As a result of the children's schooling, the Crown Princess's official activities in Denmark will be fewer.

With the school stay, the Crown Prince couple wants to give their children a common experience in an international environment.
[/size]

Ah! Keeping Up With the Schacks!
Eve

Medium Member

Estonia Estonia

Ignore
« Reply #1120 on: October 10, 2019, 11:29:48 AM »

So Mary's official activities in Denmark will be fewer from January to March 2020? Will Fred for once start to work full-time or he's so often out of Denmark, that he's still rarely seen? Or will Marge and Benedikte take most of the events? Joachim and Marie are off in France, so not possible to rely on them. I guess time will tell how this all will play out and if there are some other reasons for this.
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #1121 on: October 10, 2019, 11:42:09 AM »

A 12 weeks programme, with their mother there most of the time (doing what actually? kinda hoping she'd consider writing her Memoires but I know I know..not likely) - not quite the horror scenerio envisioned here.
I kind of share the idea that it is a great opportunity: they will be learning french and as they most likely already do speak a few bits and pieces, they might pick up a rather good base for mastering it later..
As for the Twins: languages are much easier at that age and finding new friends as well (much easier than at teenage!).
12 weeks should not be a problem for them, they most likely aren't helicoptered anyway.

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Ellie

Warned
Humongous Member

United States United States

wannabe Lesbaru driver

Ignore
« Reply #1122 on: October 10, 2019, 11:43:03 AM »

This is even more bizarre than the initial reporting!

writing angry fauxminist letters in the Lesbaru
sinners23

Small Member

Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Republic of

Ignore
« Reply #1123 on: October 10, 2019, 11:45:45 AM »

Is this really for the childrenís good or some sort of trial split between Mary and Fred?

"For there is nothing either good or bad,thinking makes it so"
   William Shakespeare (1564-1616) Hamlet
emtishell

Large Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #1124 on: October 10, 2019, 11:48:01 AM »

And even Christian - we've seen no evidence yet of Fred and Mary starting to prepare Christian for his future role. Leonor is the same age, and has undertaken a few official engagements with her parents, faces far greater media scrutiny and attends school in Spain.

Over in Belgium (and Phil and Til are the MVPs of royal parenting) Elisabeth attended school in Brussels until she was 16 and then started studying at the International College in Wales.

Christian is being raised in a safe, secure, multilingual home, and I expect Denmark has a lot of excellent schools to choose from. This doesn't feel like a planned, coherent decision, more like a response to something that is happening.

To be fair, both Leonore and Elisabeth are the Crown Princesses, and next in line. Xtian is still only second. Although it would be good to see him do a few small things, there is plenty of time once his father is King.
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 82   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: