Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Xtian - Izzy - Josie - Vince - NEWS  (Read 375815 times)
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #1185 on: October 13, 2019, 09:46:39 PM »

Didnít fred have a vasectomy, lol
What for? His balls have gone a begging for Donkeys years...

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Curtains

Huge Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #1186 on: October 13, 2019, 11:16:48 PM »

I am a bit surprised at the uproar. A short intervall spent abroad isn't something so very out of the ordinary in my circles, so I can't find it so overly disruptive for the children. I know many children who spend some months, weeks in France, Britain or the US to give their language skills a bit of a boost and/or to help them with their social skills.
German friends of mine eg. have just send their daughter to Carlifornia for a 2 months trip - enough time to help with english, not enough to get her out of her current school-plan.

I think it's that this isn't/hasn't been done in the DRF before; it would be "normal" to send one or two children off for a bit of polish but going from "zero kids/no tradition of sending any kids" to "all four are being shipped out".

I also come from a background where it's normal for a child/teenager/collegiate to spend some time abroad, even over a year depending on how deeply immersed they become (or if it's a three to four year program). 

This is not the norm for this family; thus it raises eyebrows.  (I'd have recommended a cloistered convent for Josie, preferably a silent order, but that's just me).

"Some of it's magic, and some of it's tragic: but I had a good life, all the way." - Jimmy Buffet, America's premiere poet
anastasia beaverhausen

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #1187 on: October 14, 2019, 12:10:48 AM »

I am a bit surprised at the uproar. A short intervall spent abroad isn't something so very out of the ordinary in my circles, so I can't find it so overly disruptive for the children. I know many children who spend some months, weeks in France, Britain or the US to give their language skills a bit of a boost and/or to help them with their social skills.
German friends of mine eg. have just send their daughter to Carlifornia for a 2 months trip - enough time to help with english, not enough to get her out of her current school-plan.

I think it's that this isn't/hasn't been done in the DRF before; it would be "normal" to send one or two children off for a bit of polish but going from "zero kids/no tradition of sending any kids" to "all four are being shipped out".

I also come from a background where it's normal for a child/teenager/collegiate to spend some time abroad, even over a year depending on how deeply immersed they become (or if it's a three to four year program).  

This is not the norm for this family; thus it raises eyebrows.  (I'd have recommended a cloistered convent for Josie, preferably a silent order, but that's just me).

Laugh bounce Star

Any new situation which provides structure for her would be an improvement.
Kristallinchen

Gigantic Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #1188 on: October 14, 2019, 08:07:31 AM »

This is not the norm for this family; thus it raises eyebrows.  (I'd have recommended a cloistered convent for Josie, preferably a silent order, but that's just me).

I agree. What's weird it's not that they're sending them away, but that all four at once and with no further mention of why etc.

If it would've been to improve their language skills, they could've just said so.
Henny

Big Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #1189 on: October 14, 2019, 11:23:58 AM »

Seems very odd to me. A lot of children here attend boarding school for various reasons but not usually out of the country until they are about 14 years old. I've never heard of a parent going with them (other than to see them settled in during the first week or so)

What is Mary going to be doing all day while the kids are in school? Just waiting around doing their laundry and cooking them a lovely home cooked meal to greet them with at the end of the school day. Wink

Seems her job as Crown Princess of Denmark is not too demanding if she can take 3 months off to wait around in another country for her brood to come home from school. Thinking

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #1190 on: October 14, 2019, 11:57:45 AM »

Seems very odd to me. A lot of children here attend boarding school for various reasons but not usually out of the country until they are about 14 years old. I've never heard of a parent going with them (other than to see them settled in during the first week or so)

What is Mary going to be doing all day while the kids are in school? Just waiting around doing their laundry and cooking them a lovely home cooked meal to greet them with at the end of the school day. Wink

Seems her job as Crown Princess of Denmark is not too demanding if she can take 3 months off to wait around in another country for her brood to come home from school. Thinking

And aren't the nannies going to join Mosh there??
Henny

Big Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #1191 on: October 14, 2019, 12:38:04 PM »

Hadn't thought of the nannies, but if they are going as well, the kids may well feel more comfortable with them along than Mosh anyway.

So that begs the question why does Mosh need to be away from her main job in Denmark for 3 months? Very odd to say the least. Thinking

leatherface

Huge Member

Nigeria Nigeria

Ignore
« Reply #1192 on: October 14, 2019, 01:29:18 PM »

Hadn't thought of the nannies, but if they are going as well, the kids may well feel more comfortable with them along than Mosh anyway.

So that begs the question why does Mosh need to be away from her main job in Denmark for 3 months? Very odd to say the least. Thinking

She doesn't need to be there but she is going to be.

The PR facade has to be kept up, can't have the slow Danes see her for the neglectful parent that she is.
Kristallinchen

Gigantic Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #1193 on: October 14, 2019, 01:36:43 PM »

Maybe it's really just a cover up for Mosh and some operations of hers.
Eve

Medium Member

Estonia Estonia

Ignore
« Reply #1194 on: October 14, 2019, 01:40:17 PM »

Maybe it's really just a cover up for Mosh and some operations of hers.

If it so, then our sharp eyes will see the difference, I'm sure  Wink
Royal Me!

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #1195 on: October 15, 2019, 12:49:16 AM »

Fishy .....
Mary's made Regent when Henrik's was denied and there's still Joachim and Bene.
Then in short order ..... off to Switzerland.

Cannot do them regent-ish duties when not in Denmark.  Don't you think?
chocolate_angel

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #1196 on: October 15, 2019, 07:00:39 AM »

Happy birthday Christian  Champagne
All the best  Wink
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Sophie Winklestan

Ignore
« Reply #1197 on: October 15, 2019, 02:06:41 PM »

Mosh's birthday photos

Currently visualizing my highest self
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #1198 on: October 15, 2019, 02:20:30 PM »

Xtian looks so much like Mosh in some pictures.

Another thought: The Shack kids are in France for a year. I assume their French was pretty good before they went. They will come back fluent. Mary does not want to be them the center of attention and her kids lacking skills. Could that be reason why they are all going?
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #1199 on: October 15, 2019, 02:31:26 PM »

Christian looks are still very Mary and/or Donaldson. But, heck even looks can change....

In the past many people have said I had a strong physical resemblance to my paternal family. But when getting older, others recognize more and more traits of my maternal family in me Wink Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: