Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 112   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Xtian - Izzy - Josie - Vince - NEWS  (Read 616609 times)
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #1530 on: August 12, 2021, 11:01:22 AM »

Are tight-fitting suits a thing again? If so, he'll wear that for about five minutes at the rate teens grow and change.

(..)
Tight fitting certainly is the thing with boys, mixed with something extremely oversized, so they basically look like they found all their clothes in the hand-me-down bin, while in fact they had cost a fortune.
I do get a bit of a kick when I see my students in those tight, short trousers with the socks showing and a jacket that looks like they got it back at 14 when they had their confirmations and bar mizwa....

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Chandrasekhi

Gigantic Member

Vanuatu Vanuatu

The Memorial Wall along the Southbank in London

Ignore
« Reply #1531 on: August 12, 2021, 11:03:43 AM »

Christian arrived at Herlufsholm today and will start school tomorrow

He looks like Isabella in this photo. 

You think? I think he looks like a pile of unscrubbed potatoes, like his maternal grandfather. So odd seeing a hulk so clearly of peasant stock as a future King. (And why does he always have his hands in his pockets?)
I’d bet that on the whole his “peasant” ancestors led more honest lives than his royal ones. I’m pretty sure mine did.
Beer

Princess MS

Warned
Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #1532 on: August 12, 2021, 01:49:23 PM »

You think? I think he looks like a pile of unscrubbed potatoes, like his maternal grandfather. So odd seeing a hulk so clearly of peasant stock as a future King. (And why does he always have his hands in his pockets?)
I’d bet that on the whole his “peasant” ancestors led more honest lives than his royal ones. I’m pretty sure mine did.
Beer

Papa Slurp probably has more academic and professional runs on the board than we do and Mary got a law degree so ......

I’m thinking that they didn’t do the “old school tie and friends of aristocratic flunky connections”

But just my opinion
Hester
Board Helper
Warned
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #1533 on: August 12, 2021, 01:53:57 PM »

Beer

Papa Slurp probably has more academic and professional runs on the board than we do and Mary got a law degree so ......

I’m thinking that they didn’t do the “old school tie and friends of aristocratic flunky connections”

But just my opinion

Mary got a basic law degree from the least prestigious law school in the country!
Princess MS

Warned
Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #1534 on: August 12, 2021, 02:04:52 PM »

Beer

But just my opinion

Mary got a basic law degree from the least prestigious law school in the country!
[/quote
Princess MS

Warned
Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #1535 on: August 12, 2021, 02:09:07 PM »

Yes maybe so but I’d give her a pass on achievement.... afaik they might have accepted the enrolment but there was a minimum standard to graduate..... her husband on the other hand is lacking in achievement but as a Royal .....
Barrie

Most Exalted Member

Canada Canada

Rufus loves Royal Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #1536 on: August 12, 2021, 02:26:00 PM »

When he is done school in a couple of years, I wouldn't be surprised at all if Christian heads to Australia for a year. That is how Mary is going to stay relevant in Australia, through her kids.
dwi
Banned
Banned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #1537 on: August 12, 2021, 08:46:20 PM »

this was discussed a long time ago, but i thought that with whatever degree she got, she wasn't able to be an actual lawyer, is that correct?  maybe someone remembers this...
Gemsheal

Large Member

United States United States

Wishing everyone a Happy and Bright New Year!

Ignore
« Reply #1538 on: August 12, 2021, 09:32:19 PM »

Truly, I think he does look like Isabella here, I wish I was clever enough to post a side-by-side pic of Isabella that showed resemblance.  I don't see it in the other photos though.  Just something about the eyes & mouth in this photo.   

The hands-in-pockets thing ... is because I believe no one ever told him, "don't do that."  But standards have fallen everywhere  Laughing

Christian isn't a beauty like Joachim's sons, but after all, all that really counts is that he has a good character, moral fibre, and some brains.       

“Because to take away a man's freedom of choice, even his freedom to make the wrong choice, is to manipulate him as though he were a puppet and not a person.”

― Madeline L'Engle
Harley
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Denmark Denmark

Team Marie all the way

Ignore
« Reply #1539 on: August 12, 2021, 10:41:08 PM »

No, he isn’t goodlooking (unlike his cousins). But at least he seems like a nice young man and that counts for something too.

Cordelia Fitzgerald

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #1540 on: August 13, 2021, 12:49:09 AM »

What is he studying?  I saw something that google translated as "culinary" and I find myself doubting that he is going to cooking school!
according to the Danish Royal Families Instagram he's studying dietary/nutrition.

Interesting, and thank you  Champagne, and welcome to the board!  Star
anastasia beaverhausen

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #1541 on: August 13, 2021, 04:01:41 AM »

No, he isn’t goodlooking (unlike his cousins). But at least he seems like a nice young man and that counts for something too.

Good point Harley. I’ll take nice over perfect looking any day.
Flanagan

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #1542 on: August 13, 2021, 04:33:40 AM »

this was discussed a long time ago, but i thought that with whatever degree she got, she wasn't able to be an actual lawyer, is that correct?  maybe someone remembers this...

You are absolutely correct, dwi  Thumb up
emtishell

Big Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #1543 on: August 13, 2021, 06:40:52 AM »

You are absolutely correct, dwi  Thumb up

That's right, it was a Bachelor of Commerce and Law, which would enable her to write contracts and such. To be able to practice as an actual lawyer she would have needed another degree.
luvcharles

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #1544 on: August 13, 2021, 07:43:54 AM »

What is he studying?  I saw something that google translated as "culinary" and I find myself doubting that he is going to cooking school!
according to the Danish Royal Families Instagram he's studying dietary/nutrition.

I would have thought at his age he would still be in a general education school and not one that is a vocational facility for an occupation. Or is this just a short term placement... schools in Australia do similar but for a few weeks. You can leave a school before the end of the usual 12-13 years if you get an apprenticeship or go to a Technical College for a Certificate course and those take several years to complete.

In an Australian High School (certainly in NSW) you can study VET courses e.g. at my school we have students doing Hospitality, Travel, and other TAFE courses via their normal school and then sit an exam in that course for the HSC. My Head of Department (HSIE) is also the Head of VET and teaches a number of these courses. We mandate that all Year 11s who aren't doing either three unit English or 3 unit Maths do one of these courses giving them their Level 1 TAFE certificate. If they continue into Year 12 they leave with a Level 3 Certificate. They also do English. One student, this year, is doing 2 Unit English and a series of VET courses as well as Music and Art. She will end up with an HSC and three Level 3 TAFE certificates come December.

What exactly Christian is studying I have no idea but I suspect that the hospitality course is simply one of his subjects and not the entire course but I also know that some education systems allow for fewer subjects in the final couple of years of high school than others e.g. in the UK most students only study 3 or 4 subjects while Harry did 2.
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 112   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: