Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Xtian - Izzy - Josie - Vince - NEWS  (Read 723510 times)
Miss Marple

Ginormous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #1875 on: June 29, 2022, 07:26:30 PM »

IMO people started to be critical when they pulled the kids out of school to go to Verbier (?) for half a year. All kids. Middle of school year. Rather average entitled school. No explanation. Did surely not make sense for all the kids at that stage.

And the school got a lot of publicity because they used it and that put it in the focus as well, so they should have been more sensitive.
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #1876 on: June 29, 2022, 07:56:21 PM »

Fred equally. The Queen or government officials not at all, there arenít any government officials involved at all. By all accounts this is on Fred and Mary.

This is what I question despite lack of information about it.  I just don't believe Christian's education is decided only by his parents.  Not when he's second to the throne.

I donít know why you feel a need to question this when itís simply a fact.
Hester
Board Helper
Warned
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #1877 on: June 29, 2022, 11:06:22 PM »

Fred equally. The Queen or government officials not at all, there arenít any government officials involved at all. By all accounts this is on Fred and Mary.

This is what I question despite lack of information about it.  I just don't believe Christian's education is decided only by his parents.  Not when he's second to the throne.

The decision rested with Derf (and Mares) but others will have had input.
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #1878 on: June 29, 2022, 11:12:42 PM »

Please do tell who you know who would have had an input.
temi

Huge Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #1879 on: June 29, 2022, 11:17:43 PM »

I think Fred and Mary chose the school for the hope enriched connections for their kids, and hoped to send all of them there.
It would have played much better at the first sign of trouble that they were going to pull Christian out at the end of the school year to minimize disruption, but I think they where hoping the public and the media wouldnít call them out of their entitlement and wouldnít have pulled him without the vocal outcry.
I see a lot of similarities with the uk press, ready to call out the lecturing twosome when they talk of the environment and take private jets when they can. I think the rose coloured glasses are finally coming off and,arywill do anything to ensure her survival
ralf103

Gigantic Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #1880 on: June 29, 2022, 11:58:56 PM »

I think the government would step in if M&F chose a completely unsuitable school i.e. the Right Wing Fundamentalist School of Denmark or the Hippy Happy No Formal Learning but Lets Sing Round Crystals School. Otherwise they'd leave it up to M&F to do as they see fit. Even if they did have worries I suspect they'd very quietly channel these either through senior Courtiers or PM to Daisy in private. The reality is they chose a school that everyone seemed to think was suitable until recently.

I get the impression this would be like Eaton suddenly being found to have a huge, national scandal style, bullying issue while Harry and William where there. I.e. the school has always been seen as eminently suitable as a place of education until now/ a specific event.   
dKaren

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #1881 on: June 30, 2022, 01:33:32 AM »

I think the government would step in if M&F chose a completely unsuitable school i.e. the Right Wing Fundamentalist School of Denmark or the Hippy Happy No Formal Learning but Lets Sing Round Crystals School. Otherwise they'd leave it up to M&F to do as they see fit. Even if they did have worries I suspect they'd very quietly channel these either through senior Courtiers or PM to Daisy in private. The reality is they chose a school that everyone seemed to think was suitable until recently.

I get the impression this would be like Eaton suddenly being found to have a huge, national scandal style, bullying issue while Harry and William where there. I.e. the school has always been seen as eminently suitable as a place of education until now/ a specific event.   

It was not a good choice to begin with, only because Fred and Mary had always been treated with kid gloves by the Danish media and public until scandals explored.
Gemsheal

Big Member

United States United States

I make my own memes

Ignore
« Reply #1882 on: June 30, 2022, 02:33:25 AM »

She makes a statement (my guess is sheís very uncomfortable because her Danish is worse than usual) and then leaves without answering questions

https://nyheder.tv2.dk/sa...g-lyder-som-en-stor-loegn

She appears nervous during her statement, I wouldn't say she's defensive, but definitely quite nervous, her eyes are all over the place.  The sudden stop and "I'm out" is quite abrupt, I would even say rude.  Not very Royal, or even professional.  The "Body Language Guy" on YouTube would have a field day with Mary  Cute

When we do the best that we can, we never know what miracle is wrought in our life, or in the life of another.
~ Helen Keller
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #1883 on: June 30, 2022, 02:55:02 AM »

Considering Mary has been the perfect princess in Denmark with rarely any media questioning her at all, it's not surprising she has a bit of PR issue now.

Unfortunately that's how national media works, they can build up someone as "perfect" but will turn on them to protect their own.

In which universe has been Mary the perfect princess in Denmark? Far from it. Yes, she works more than Fred, but she also likes the lime light. So there is that.

They both had scandals for the first half of their lived together that were - after published - swept under the carpetn. Nobody puts the repsonsiblity of choosing Christians school solely on her shoulder. What makes it look bad is that she is the official royal face of the Anti-Bullying campagne in Denmark, and they (she) responded a little too late to all what happened in Herlufsholm.

The elite school has a culture of bullying and violence. The definition of culture is the the maintained customs, social structure of a particular nation, people, or other social group. This maintained culture of bullying and violence in Herlufsholm did not happen just now, or a couple months ago. They had to know about it and nevertheless sent Christian there because of the status.Both are idtiots, both are to blame, and Mary will have a hell lot of work to do to repair her reputation.

Hester
Board Helper
Warned
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #1884 on: June 30, 2022, 05:18:51 AM »

Mmmm the Danish Queen for starters.
pocahontas

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #1885 on: June 30, 2022, 05:19:10 AM »

In which universe has been Mary the perfect princess in Denmark? Far from it. Yes, she works more than Fred, but she also likes the lime light. So there is that.

They both had scandals for the first half of their lived together that were - after published - swept under the carpetn. Nobody puts the repsonsiblity of choosing Christians school solely on her shoulder. What makes it look bad is that she is the official royal face of the Anti-Bullying campagne in Denmark, and they (she) responded a little too late to all what happened in Herlufsholm.

The elite school has a culture of bullying and violence. The definition of culture is the the maintained customs, social structure of a particular nation, people, or other social group. This maintained culture of bullying and violence in Herlufsholm did not happen just now, or a couple months ago. They had to know about it and nevertheless sent Christian there because of the status.Both are idtiots, both are to blame, and Mary will have a hell lot of work to do to repair her reputation.

Nah. This will all blow over soon enough. The Danish public and the Danish media, in general, are very kind to them. They get a pass for ongoing issues like Mary's overspending, Fred's lack of work ethic.
periwinkle

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #1886 on: June 30, 2022, 03:19:52 PM »

We really need to stop framing Mary as working more. She shows up more. That is it. She does virtually nothing but pose and show off her latest material acquisitions. It is somehow not surprising to me that the Danish government doesn't advise on Christian's school. Fred and Mary get a away with a LOT. They have no leash on them and it is inevitable that they've found themselves in hot water. They don't seem bright anyway but when you are allowed to do whatever you want with no consequences and not even the law able to restrain them (didn't Fred and Mary separately hit people with their cars and they were said to be legally immune?). Those kids better have REALLY good teachers around them.
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #1887 on: June 30, 2022, 03:58:45 PM »

Bollocks. I donít think Marge cares much for which school her grandchildren goes to. N&F went to different high schools, and all grandchildren ďgroupsĒ have gone to different schools.
BaronSulney

Micro Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #1888 on: June 30, 2022, 06:35:59 PM »

Bollocks. I donít think Marge cares much for which school her grandchildren goes to. N&F went to different high schools, and all grandchildren ďgroupsĒ have gone to different schools.

Unnecessary. You would warn other posters for language like this.
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #1889 on: June 30, 2022, 06:42:21 PM »

This is what I question despite lack of information about it.  I just don't believe Christian's education is decided only by his parents.  Not when he's second to the throne.

Unnecessary. You would warn other posters for language like this.

Excuse you. Hester is on warned status for a reason yet keeps going. If you donít trust us to run the board fairly, I guess itís unfortunate that weíre the ones moderating it.
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: