Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 80   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Xtian - Izzy - Josie - Vince - NEWS  (Read 359284 times)
Hermione

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #1065 on: October 09, 2019, 06:16:01 PM »

Studying abroad is a privilege and everyone who can afford  it should do it. Good all kids will be together but I imagine their daily schedules will vary significantly so I doubt X and Izzy can provide much support to the twins. 8 years old is really young. At least they have each other. I hope Vincent is going to be ok. I hope more details are going to be released so I save my judgment until then. Definately an odd move by Fred and Mary. They never put much emphasis on their kids education, always beach holidays and pop concerts. However I liked when they started the Dannebrog thing and explored DK with the kids.
anastasia beaverhausen

Huge Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #1066 on: October 09, 2019, 06:19:58 PM »

As everyone said, this is so weird. If Fred & Mary were going on some months-long tour and thought it was a unique opportunity for the kids while they were away, ok, maybe I'd understand but this is just strange for it to be all four at once, and not particularly close to home.

It almost reads like scary fiction, like the beginning of a Harry Potter book where he has to sleep under the stairs or Lemony Snicket where 3 young children are cast out into the world to fend for themselves.
Future Crayon

Ginormous Member

Sophie Winklestan

Ignore
« Reply #1067 on: October 09, 2019, 06:49:01 PM »

Mary commented on it in France today, saying "We view it as a gift to our children, one where they can be together about it, and a gift they can have with them for the rest of their lives."

https://www.bt.dk/royale/...i-vores-boern-til-schweiz

I'm pretty sure the kids could be together in Denmark...

Currently visualizing my highest self
Royal Di

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #1068 on: October 09, 2019, 06:54:32 PM »

Billed Bladet asked Mary about their upcoming plan for schooling while she was touring in France.

"A little earlier in the school yard at Lycée Lamartine, Mary commented on TV 2 that Prince Christian, 13, Princess Isabella, 12, as well as twins Prince Vincent and Princess Josephine, 8 years, will be schooled in Switzerland in the new year.

Your children will go on a short school break in Switzerland in the new year, why?

- That's right, it's something that is being planned. A short stay in an international school. We see it as a gift for our children where they can be together for it. A gift that they carry with them for the rest of their lives, says the crown princess to TV 2."

No indication of long term boarding school.  BB believes that one or both parents will be with them during their time there, as duties allow.  Maybe they are trying to do something similar to J & M.

Chandrasekhi

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #1069 on: October 09, 2019, 06:58:12 PM »

What are the chances for something serious going on behind the scenes and that's why Mary has been given an additional role and the kids are sent away?
Maybe these two are connected somehow?
ITA Onar. Something is very wrong in the State of Denmark, very likely with Fred. IMHO the two events are related. Mares may not be maternal but it is difficult to imagine Freddles sending his children away to boarding school for his convenience, whatever his numerous failings might be. Sad
KimmySue

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #1070 on: October 09, 2019, 07:12:54 PM »

Billed Bladet asked Mary about their upcoming plan for schooling while she was touring in France.

"A little earlier in the school yard at Lycée Lamartine, Mary commented on TV 2 that Prince Christian, 13, Princess Isabella, 12, as well as twins Prince Vincent and Princess Josephine, 8 years, will be schooled in Switzerland in the new year.

Your children will go on a short school break in Switzerland in the new year, why?

- That's right, it's something that is being planned. A short stay in an international school. We see it as a gift for our children where they can be together for it. A gift that they carry with them for the rest of their lives, says the crown princess to TV 2."

No indication of long term boarding school.  BB believes that one or both parents will be with them during their time there, as duties allow.  Maybe they are trying to do something similar to J & M.

So it sounds to me that they are not being shipped off to boarding school long term but getting to do a short time abroad. And it also sounds like one of the parents will be with them, so I honestly don't see this as a bad thing. I am no fan of Fred or Mary but won't judge them on this until more information comes out.
Snow Queen

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #1071 on: October 09, 2019, 07:49:30 PM »

Mary commented on it in France today, saying "We view it as a gift to our children, one where they can be together about it, and a gift they can have with them for the rest of their lives."

https://www.bt.dk/royale/...i-vores-boern-til-schweiz

Good lord Mares. I guess I gave her too much credit earlier. This is something the evil new step Mom would do in a movie not an actual real life parent. I’m disturbed that Mary and Fred think this is ok. Maybe the kids will be better off away from them. It’s really sad.
Future Crayon

Ginormous Member

Sophie Winklestan

Ignore
« Reply #1072 on: October 09, 2019, 07:51:03 PM »

What are the chances for something serious going on behind the scenes and that's why Mary has been given an additional role and the kids are sent away?
Maybe these two are connected somehow?
ITA Onar. Something is very wrong in the State of Denmark, very likely with Fred. IMHO the two events are related. Mares may not be maternal but it is difficult to imagine Freddles sending his children away to boarding school for his convenience, whatever his numerous failings might be. Sad

Switzerland is known for its medical facilities, right?

There's something odd here. 8 is too young to get much out of a Swiss international school. They have no connections to the country. If you wanted the kids to have a few fun weeks out of the country, you'd send them to summer camp like the Spanish royals do.

Something's up, and I don't think it's Marge stepping down...

Hester
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #1073 on: October 09, 2019, 07:53:40 PM »

Studying abroad is a privilege and everyone who can afford  it should do it. Good all kids will be together but I imagine their daily schedules will vary significantly so I doubt X and Izzy can provide much support to the twins. 8 years old is really young. At least they have each other. I hope Vincent is going to be ok. I hope more details are going to be released so I save my judgment until then. Definately an odd move by Fred and Mary. They never put much emphasis on their kids education, always beach holidays and pop concerts. However I liked when they started the Dannebrog thing and explored DK with the kids.

Yeah what happened to “Denmark is an egalitarian country where every child attends the local school”?
Future Crayon

Ginormous Member

Sophie Winklestan

Ignore
« Reply #1074 on: October 09, 2019, 07:55:55 PM »

Yeah what happened to “Denmark is an egalitarian country where every child attends the local school”?

A 2-4-1 Moobs'n'Boobs special offer at the Swiss Discount Plastic Surgery Centre?

leatherface

Huge Member

Nigeria Nigeria

Ignore
« Reply #1075 on: October 09, 2019, 08:03:05 PM »

A 2-4-1 Moobs'n'Boobs special offer at the Swiss Discount Plastic Surgery Centre?

With a free stay at the adjacent detox and dry out clinic for 7 days.
SunFlower19

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #1076 on: October 09, 2019, 08:09:45 PM »

I think perhaps Fred may be going through a health issue, mental or physical? That would explain both the regency and education abroad.

I went to an ‘international’ boarding school for 3 years and enjoyed it despite coming from a culture where boarding school is atypical, but it’s odd to me to send a whole group of siblings of different ages in the middle of the school year.  I recall that it was highly recommended that first time boarders start at the beginning of the normal school year (September) as adjusting would be easier that way with other new boarders.  

And in my experience, kids the twins age were only there because they had been raised by nannies from the cradle, or like me, their parents worked in foreign service and were working in a country where they didn’t want to bring their kids for various reasons.

I of course have no idea what their school is like or if it’s a true boarding school, but I think Isabella may thrive there.  It gave me a lot of confidence. My brother hated it and actually only did one semester before going to live with my aunt and uncle.  

dKaren

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #1077 on: October 09, 2019, 08:34:36 PM »

The twins are too small to go to a boarding school. At school, there is no way a high school age Xian will get to hang out with two elementary schoolers, he might not even get to see Izzy often since kids from different grades don't generally hang out with each other. Sibling bondings are at home, not at school.
I also believe Fred might have some issues, or he just wants to be abroad a lot, Mosh is tired of watching (not even taking care of) the kids by herself, so they are all shipped to a boarding school.
Snow Queen

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #1078 on: October 09, 2019, 08:45:58 PM »

Since Mary and Fred will be taking turns being with the kids does this mean they will be renting a home and the kids staying there or are the kids boarding at the actual school while Fred or smart stays at a hotel during the week? This is so confusing. The royal house did not roll out this announcement very well. They should have anticipated questions considering how young the children are.
perdie

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #1079 on: October 09, 2019, 08:59:18 PM »

This is such an odd announcement.  In addition to the weirdness of sending the four kids off, in two different school levels and the twins being very young, it's stating that Fred and Mary are going to be unavailable for large portions of time - with J&M out of the country and Mary now being regent.
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 80   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: