Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 96   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Xtian - Izzy - Josie - Vince - NEWS  (Read 460682 times)
chocolate_angel

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #1320 on: February 06, 2020, 06:04:51 PM »

Did I get it right? : Fred told Billed Bladet that they bought a Chalet in Verbier ten years ago....Good to know where the money is...

https://www.billedbladet....i-har-koebt-hus-i-verbier
Maybe we should dedicate an own thread for this topic?
The Dailymail says (concerning the chalet in Verbier) that "When it was purchased, Princess Mary registered it under her maiden name, Mary Donaldson, The Daily Telegraph reported.Her husband referred to himself as Prince Frederik of Denmark on documents pertaining to the property, the publication reported."
So, if ever Fred decided to dump Mosh, she could keep the chalet in Verbier?! Shocked What about the post-nup?
MarieQueenie

Warned
Mini Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #1321 on: March 12, 2020, 06:36:28 AM »

Their stay in Switzerland makes no sense at all to me. Itís quite common in Denmark for kids to go away for school for a year or two but thatís at an older age. Also Mary going with them (seemingly, itís phrased pretty vaguely IMO) and Fred planning to visit too, is very odd timing with Joachim and Marie being absent. It leaves Marge all alone almost. Odd all around.

ITA ! Very strange. Unless Marge wabted some time alone with Fred. To prepare him to take over or to talk about his estranged Cruella devil eye, and their divorce. Without Mary interrupting or Joke and Mary accused of Coup d'Etat while Mary was far in Verbier. There are all gone excpet the Monarch and the heir. Serious discussions behind closes doors in an empty palace ?
emtishell

Large Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #1322 on: March 13, 2020, 11:57:22 AM »

Daily Mail reporting the Derfs are bringing the children home.....

https://www.dailymail.co....-growing-coronavirus.html
Booklover

Warned
Medium Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #1323 on: March 13, 2020, 04:59:21 PM »

Daily Mail reporting the Derfs are bringing the children home.....

https://www.dailymail.co....-growing-coronavirus.html

What! You mean Switzerland kicked them out! Jumping
Paulina

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #1324 on: March 13, 2020, 08:54:53 PM »

Some of the comments about this on the DM are wild. I figured most commenters are from the UK, where going to boarding school is pretty common, isn't it? I mean, not unheard of for those at a certain social level, right? But the comments act as if those who send kids to boarding school are somehow abandoning them.

People I know who went to boarding school loved it and have lifelong friends and adventure memories.

Sounds like the Derfs were doing a kind of study abroad exchange sort of thing. Not uncommon is it? Or maybe for Danish kids?
Harley? Maria? Other Danes?
bmbutler2

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #1325 on: March 13, 2020, 09:15:33 PM »

Some of the comments about this on the DM are wild. I figured most commenters are from the UK, where going to boarding school is pretty common, isn't it? I mean, not unheard of for those at a certain social level, right? But the comments act as if those who send kids to boarding school are somehow abandoning them.

People I know who went to boarding school loved it and have lifelong friends and adventure memories.

Sounds like the Derfs were doing a kind of study abroad exchange sort of thing. Not uncommon is it? Or maybe for Danish kids?

I agree with you. Itís feel sad how glad people seem to get from bad news involving these 4 children. Guarantee not one of them would want to live under the same scrutiny and criticism that is regularly dished out to or about children.
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #1326 on: March 13, 2020, 09:25:47 PM »

The way F&M have done it, definitely isnít normal by Danish standards. The kids are too young as going to boarding school is done at a very specific time/class/way. Kids stay in Denmark. Typically itís done the last year (or two) of school, before the secondary school of whatever is chosen (various different kind of high school). Itís called ďafterschoolĒ and itís often a themed school/stay with a focus on something - sports, travel, animal, anime, whatever. Lots and lots of kids do it. Theyíre 15 and older so even Christian is too young. Fred and Mary staying with them also suggests to me that Vincent and Josephine especially are too young for this.

ETA: study abroad exchange trips are done but again, most Danish kids will be older. A lot older and their parents wonít be going with them.
Lady Alice

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #1327 on: March 13, 2020, 09:51:42 PM »

The way F&M have done it, definitely isnít normal by Danish standards. The kids are too young as going to boarding school is done at a very specific time/class/way. Kids stay in Denmark. Typically itís done the last year (or two) of school, before the secondary school of whatever is chosen (various different kind of high school). Itís called ďafterschoolĒ and itís often a themed school/stay with a focus on something - sports, travel, animal, anime, whatever. Lots and lots of kids do it. Theyíre 15 and older so even Christian is too young. Fred and Mary staying with them also suggests to me that Vincent and Josephine especially are too young for this.

ETA: study abroad exchange trips are done but again, most Danish kids will be older. A lot older and their parents wonít be going with them.

So it's fair to say that there is something rotten in the state of Denmark? Wink

kbart

Micro Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #1328 on: March 13, 2020, 10:17:12 PM »

Sending children to boarding school is not common in the UK. It is a very class thing so I won't say much but it is now only affordable by pretty wealthy people. In the past professional workers - doctors, lawyers - could afford the fees - and some still can - but now fees are very high and the schools rely on a lot of overseas students.
Paulina

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #1329 on: March 13, 2020, 10:34:38 PM »

Takk skal du ha, Maria. That makes sense. So this weird the-whole-family-goes-to-Switzerland is strange indeed. Even at their level in society.
Harley
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Denmark Denmark

Team Marie all the way

Ignore
« Reply #1330 on: March 13, 2020, 11:15:58 PM »

By Danish norms, itís completely unheard of considering their age. I havenít heard anyone in Denmark who understood their decision. Itís just not done that way here.

dKaren

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #1331 on: March 14, 2020, 01:48:54 AM »

'The Crown Prince family finds it most natural to return home and stand with the Danes at a time that requires a lot of everyone and where there is a common responsibility to look after each other.'

Can't believe they are being so hypercritical even at this difficult time. What is Moshy going to do ? Volunteering at the hospitals ? They are fleeing back to Denmark because they have big palaces, lots of privileges and special treatment.
Hermione

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #1332 on: March 14, 2020, 01:56:55 AM »

It was announced yesterday that all schools in Switzerland will be closed until April 4. The Derfs returning to Denmark to "stand with the Danes" is pure PR. With the school closed, they did not have much of a choice.
dKaren

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #1333 on: March 14, 2020, 04:48:07 AM »

Shameless PR !  Yikes
Barrie

Most Exalted Member

Canada Canada

Rufus loves Royal Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #1334 on: March 14, 2020, 04:14:15 PM »

Honestly canít remember the last time I saw work out of the adults in this family.
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 96   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: