Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prince Bernhard has Non-Hodgkin lymphoma (lymph node cancer)  (Read 20016 times)
hanzo1
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Costa Rica Costa Rica

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2013, 12:33:44 PM »

I had non-Hodgkins lymphoma as a teenager. It's very much curable if caught early. The main impact it had on my life is that I had to repeat a grade at school (11th) because I missed a lot of time. This was in 2004 and I haven't had any problems since I was in remission Smiley
That is so great!  Hug Banana Banana Banana Banana

Are the shades of Pemberley to be thus polluted?

TLLK

Most Exalted Member

Pitcairn Pitcairn

"The gauntlet is definitely thrown down. Stay safe

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2013, 04:32:18 PM »

I had non-Hodgkins lymphoma as a teenager. It's very much curable if caught early. The main impact it had on my life is that I had to repeat a grade at school (11th) because I missed a lot of time. This was in 2004 and I haven't had any problems since I was in remission Smiley
Excellent news and I'm glad that you've stayed cancer free. Champagne
christina01
Board Helper
Humongous Member

Australia Australia

Play Time after a long day of Dishing.

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2013, 11:21:24 PM »

Excellent news and I'm glad that you've stayed cancer free. Champagne
Ditto from me  Smiley
ScottishRose
Banned
Small Member

Canada Canada

Just call me the real rebel without a cause

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2013, 02:17:31 AM »

Hug Queenbee happy to hear that you are a survivor and have been cancer free/remission for so long.

I hope they caught it early. It has been a rough year for the DRF, this must be an awful blow.  Cry But at least there is real hope.
TheQueenBee

Medium Member

Australia Australia

'Look! I finally got it!'

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2013, 04:58:23 PM »

Thank you all  Hug Hug

I was very lucky, it was found early because I was being tested for something else and it was discovered early.

All my wishes that Bernhard is in the same situation and will have the same story as me in a few years, of hassle free survival.

marisiee

Baby Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2013, 05:09:35 PM »

In the press release the RVD said literally the disease will ' hinder the daily functioning of the Prince'

Yesterday I read that prof.mr. Pieter (father of prince Bernhard) has perform a opening and that the left immediately after the opening in relation to his son's disease.

Prince Pieter-Christiaan replacing this weekend his sick brother during the Trophy of the Dunes at Circuit Park Zandvoort (racing).

If I read this I'm afraid that he has kind of ahresieve non-Hodgkins lymphoma. I hope the treatment will work and that he will heal.
Kiki LaShrewd

« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2013, 06:57:37 AM »

In the press release the RVD said literally the disease will ' hinder the daily functioning of the Prince'

Yesterday I read that prof.mr. Pieter (father of prince Bernhard) has perform a opening and that the left immediately after the opening in relation to his son's disease.

Prince Pieter-Christiaan replacing this weekend his sick brother during the Trophy of the Dunes at Circuit Park Zandvoort (racing).

If I read this I'm afraid that he has kind of ahresieve non-Hodgkins lymphoma. I hope the treatment will work and that he will heal.

I thought it said that the treatment would interfere.
http://www.dutchnews.nl/n...rnhard_diagnosed_with.php
I took that to mean he would likely be undergoing chemo and/or which is an awful experience and apparently even worse for someone with Crohn's like Bernhard. I do hope he doesn't have the form of NHL(there are 16 or 17 types I think) which is often found in those with Chrohn's Disease  No Not the best prognosis.
marisiee

Baby Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: September 08, 2013, 10:32:18 AM »

If I read this I'm afraid that he has kind of ahreisieve non-Hodgkins lymphoma. I hope the treatment will work and that he will heal.

I thought it said that the treatment would interfere.
http://www.dutchnews.nl/n...rnhard_diagnosed_with.php
I took that to mean he would likely be undergoing chemo and/or which is an awful experience and apparently even worse for someone with Crohn's like Bernhard. I do hope he doesn't have the form of NHL(there are 16 or 17 types I think) which is often found in those with Chrohn's Disease  No Not the best prognosis.

You are right about.  But , as an person who speak dutch,  i have one thing to say about the translation. the orginal dutch  press release will not said the treatment will interfere. They said the disease, wich is still be research, will be interfere.  Not specialy  the treatment

The press release..

http://translate.googleus...FH393i_3dMxINk1JRl9-dQe8w

« Last Edit: September 08, 2013, 12:02:37 PM by marisiee » Logged
Sas

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: September 28, 2013, 10:31:59 PM »

Prince Bernhard is fighting bravely, according his father. The family "hopes and prays for the best". The prince is still unable to continue his daily work.
http://nos.nl/koningshuis...ard-toont-reuze-moed.html
Tatini

Huge Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: September 28, 2013, 11:07:00 PM »

Then it must be an aggressive form of lymphoma. The good news is that such forms are now completely curable. I pray that they caught the disease in time.
Sas

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: November 14, 2013, 08:19:49 PM »

Princess Margriet cancelled her visit to Red Cross Red Crescent Statutory Meetings. She told in a video message today:"I regret that I am unable to attend these meetings in person, as I always try to do. This is because the serious illness of my son".

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTPO15Po-0w

Princess Margriet is very dutiful, so this is not a good sign.
draadje

Mini Member

Aruba Aruba

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: November 14, 2013, 08:47:19 PM »

Princess Margriet cancelled her visit to Red Cross Red Crescent Statutory Meetings. She told in a video message today:"I regret that I am unable to attend these meetings in person, as I always try to do. This is because the serious illness of my son".

Wow. I had read that he had non-Hodgkin, but I hadn't expected it to be this severe.
Pomme

Big Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Mary who?

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: November 14, 2013, 09:00:21 PM »

Well, even if there were such happy events as the inauguration and a wedding and a babe (or 2) in the DRF, 2013 could just as well turn out to be an annus horribilis  Sad
« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 09:20:52 PM by Pomme » Logged

Talk to the hair, you slitherin' Skank
http://i.imgur.com/2mUIe.jpg
editorathome
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Bouvet Island Bouvet Island

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: November 14, 2013, 09:05:54 PM »

I agree, Sas--this is a very worrisome sign Sad
zinzen

Gigantic Member

Belgium Belgium

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: November 15, 2013, 12:02:08 AM »

I feel for Prince Margriet and het Husband, and of course for their son, their Dil and the kids?  I hope thinks are going to improve

In reality, hope is the worst of all evils, it prolongs the torments of man. F.Nietzche
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: