Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Joachim in massive debt  (Read 34008 times)
leatherface

Gigantic Member

Nigeria Nigeria

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: September 04, 2013, 05:35:21 PM »

I think his mother will have to give him the 42 mill.DK. He and Marie are her favourites, so that should be no problem.

Why should/would she, he's a big boy, has a wife, an ex-wife and 4 children. Besides that's alot to give your adult child with his own business lump sum, I don't care how much u love them or how rich u are. Would anyone of us go begging to our parents like that, most likely no; if my mother was willing to give me that much cash and I had 4 children I'd rather she put the money in trust for their education rather than use it to help prop a business that could possibly fail at a later date as farming is a risky proposition.
Jazzy

Humongous Member

All that glitters...

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: September 04, 2013, 05:39:28 PM »

I think his mother will have to give him the 42 mill.DK. He and Marie are her favourites, so that should be no problem.
This is an interesting post coming from a fan of Mary.I wonder how Mary feels about this?(J&M being favorites)

sleepyvalentina

Large Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: September 04, 2013, 09:45:52 PM »

I have relatives in agriculture.  Over the years they have had agricultural loans for various purposes - land or machinery purchases, buying inputs in the spring in order to plant crops (e.g. seed, fertilizer, pesticides) ...  They don't typically save up lots of cash to use as cash flow.  The interest on borrowed money is a business expense here (Canada).  So yes, farmers borrow money to finance farm operations.  

I could see Joachim's farm (and the other four farms that do business as a group) borrowing money to finance farm operations if the interest is a business expense in Denmark.  

I think that Charles and Joachim are on vastly different financial footings.  

The Duchy of Cornwall is immensely, obscenely wealthy.  It supposedly has numerous business interests including farmland and some choice commercial properties in the UK.  Joachim's farm holdings are recent, and haven't been built up over hundreds of years of tax free status.

The Duchy of Cornwall's horticultural nursery was alleged to have lobbied for statutory pay cuts for farm workers!!! When the letter came to light, the Duchy said that it was the horticultural nursery's view only, and not that of the Duchy as a whole or Charles himself.  Does Joachim do that sort of lobbying to reduce farm worker pay and reduce his farm's business expenses?  

Star

I'll second this. It's common practice to mortgage the farm to get the fund necessary for the year's crop. It's why extreme weather/drought has devastating consequences for independent farmers.

Kiki LaShrewd

« Reply #78 on: September 05, 2013, 12:50:40 PM »

I'm so confused by the situation surrounding the castle. I thought I understood it before but re-reading about it has made me  Thinking

So whilst reading in sugarland in the past I thought that Hans Schackenborg and is wife were childess and with no heirs they decided to give the property to Jokke in 1978. Jokke is their godson correct? And also rumored to be more than that.

But then I cam across this
http://www.b.dk/nationalt...-til-at-arve-schackenborg
http://danishroyalmediawa...-and-future-count-of.html

The article says there was an heir but the family was in so much debt they couldn't afford it and Daisy was interested in obtaining the property for Jokke. So did she buy it for him? Did the Schack family immediately leave the property? Why would she want a property for Jokke that had so much debt surrounding it?
I also saw that his first visit there was covered by the media which seemed so weird to me. It's like he had no choice but to make Schackenborg his future hence when he went to college he studied agrarian economics. He didn't take control until 1993 so who paid for the upkeep until then and what was the property used for until that time?

And I read that when Jokke and Alex married they received 13 million DKR called "The Nation's Gift" and Jokke said it would be used to restore the property. Where did that money come from and what did the Danes have to gain by providing money for the restoration of private property? 

Not sure about this either.... Jokke owns the Schack, Jokke and Jepsen own Schackenborg Slotskro in a partnership as Schackenborg Slotskro A/S, and Jokke's farm area is a co-op and part of The Five Farms? I thought I read that the Five Farms thing was going well as they also do investments together and that has worked out well in the past.

Haven't read enough detailed info about farming in Denamark yet  to speculate on if Jokke is being a failure or not  but I do wonder about how much money Danes have put into what was meant to be private property. Especially during the years prior to Jokke marrying Alex.
Jane

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: September 05, 2013, 01:33:30 PM »

I was surprised when Jokke was on a recent trip to China ( I think) as a royal but was also using the  trip to promote the 5 Farms. Seemed like a blurring of the lines to me.
hanzo1

Most Exalted Member

Costa Rica Costa Rica

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: September 05, 2013, 01:43:09 PM »

sounds corrupt  Thumb down

Are the shades of Pemberley to be thus polluted?

Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: September 05, 2013, 01:56:59 PM »

I was surprised when Jokke was on a recent trip to China ( I think) as a royal but was also using the  trip to promote the 5 Farms. Seemed like a blurring of the lines to me.

Very much so.  Thumb down

It's a bit like the fact that the DRF use Henrik's wine from Caix at official events. IMO it seems that the DRF have very loose ethics when it comes to things like this.

(img)http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/2017-03-07%2023.04.19.png(/img)
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Til and Phil fan account

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: September 05, 2013, 02:57:58 PM »

Very much so.  Thumb down

It's a bit like the fact that the DRF use Henrik's wine from Caix at official events. IMO it seems that the DRF have very loose ethics when it comes to things like this.

Haven't they had freebie cars, too?

I stand with crop-top wearing pro-democracy protesters
lynda

Ginormous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: September 05, 2013, 06:20:41 PM »

I doubt Daisy will do that.
She and Henrik are giving the French Chateau to Freddy & the Icon   (although Joachim is an established farmer), their personal house/castle Marselisborg also going to the Icon & Freddy so they have a place only 3-hours away from Amailienborg, not sure if Henrik & Daisy personally own Eremitage Slottet used for hunting Daisy "personal" jewelry will probably go to some of her grand children ---but who knows..............the Icon will probablly get her claws into the jewelry box for HER four kids....................
 When Ingrid died Freddy got his full share................but did Joachim receive anything Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: