Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: William, Kate & Animals  (Read 26040 times)
just a serf

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2013, 07:23:32 PM »

"I haven't played since I stopped." - Waity Middleton
"You only have it if you've got it." - James, Marquis of Mallow
Kiki LaShrewd

« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2013, 09:27:08 AM »

I literally want to take one of those dead birds and smack that stupid fur hat off her head and then I'd hit him too. But she goes first because if she weren't some spineless pile of desperation and hair I doubt she would ever find herself out shooting things.
ScottishRose
Banned
Small Member

Canada Canada

Just call me the real rebel without a cause

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2013, 01:28:25 AM »

Being a hunter does not mean you don't love animals. Being a butcher, or a meat eater, doesn't make you an animal hater. No

The wearing furs though  Ranting
dbc
Banned
Banned
Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2013, 03:24:08 AM »

TBH, l can understand hunting for food, out of need, but hunting for pleasure is beyond me, l think it is truly the act of hypocrites to claim you care about animals, & that you believe in preservation & so on but all along go around killing them for pure pleasure.
but what can you except from these two, hypocrisy is what they do best.

Hibou

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: September 21, 2013, 03:53:22 AM »

TBH, l can understand hunting for food, out of need, but hunting for pleasure is beyond me, l think it is truly the act of hypocrites to claim you care about animals, & that you believe in preservation & so on but all along go around killing them for pure pleasure.

They do eat what they kill. It is not like they shoot it and then leave it to rot. I live in an area where both the conservationists and the hunters co-exist, and while there are disagreements, in general they look at it ecologically. We are overrun with deer to the point where people are getting killed because of car accidents with them. So deer hunting is allowed but only at a certain time in the fall and in places that are designated. We also have a lot of fox that end up road kill, so yes we also have fox hunting. I understand people have strong feelings about killing animals, and I am not someone who could pull a trigger and end a life, but I do understand the need to keep things balanced. I myself hit and killed a deer with my car. It was one of the most frightening experiences. It came out of nowhere. I hit my breaks but it jumped square in front of my car and there was nothing I could do. I was grateful it died instantly. JMO
ScottishRose
Banned
Small Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: September 21, 2013, 04:07:31 AM »

How is it hypocritical? The meat is being eaten. They are not killing endangered animals. They are not butchering animals for horns or in their case antlers, and leaving bodies to rot. They are not killing rangers in cold blood, who try to stop them. Poaching and hunting are completely different. The humane killing of animals for population control and food, within the law, does not compare to the slaughter of endangered rhinos who have their horns chopped off and the rest left to bleed to death and rot.
dbc
Banned
Banned
Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: September 21, 2013, 04:33:22 AM »

like l said before, l understand hunting out of true need but they aren't hunting because they must, do they? they don't need the meat to survive or to use the fur against the cold, or because the animals they hunt threatens them, their family or property, not even for money, it's all for the mere pleasure of the kill that they hunt, for entertainment,  and than they turn around and do a show & tell to the press about how much they love & care about animals and believe in preservation & so on? that's hypocritical in my eyes.
legally they are in the right as they are not hunting endangered species ,but morally l have my doubts.      
Kiki LaShrewd

« Reply #37 on: September 21, 2013, 04:54:32 AM »

Yes I do think they are big huge hypocrites. Just because there are times where hunting can be necessary doesn't justify what they do in my mind.

They are hunting for the sheer sport of it. Not because they need to feed their families. Not because they give a shit about population control. They specifically go out on their big huge private properties and kill for fun. For instance the pheasants they hunt around Christmas time are raised specifically to be killed.if shooting doesn't do the job they either then WRING THEIR NECKS or let them bleed to death. Here is a charming description of one incident at a pheasant hunt,""I recently saw a pheasant shot and wounded 40 yards above the ground. The 2lb bird, flapping and shedding feathers, hit the ground with an audible thump. It couldn't fly, but tried to run. A dog grabbed it by the wing and dragged it across the field and through a dense hedge. The bird and wing parted company. The dog looked momentarily confused, but then thankfully grabbed the body. The bird continued to flap around at the Gun's feet awhile, while he waited for his next shot. Eventually he picked up the bird by the feet and repeatedly swung its head against a fence post."   Dead

More info on pheasant hunting:
"Despite the scale of pheasant production and shooting in Britain, the industry has not troubled itself to develop reliable, up-to-date information on the number of birds involved. But bearing in mind past industry data, plus forecasts of sales growth, it can be estimated that around 35 million birds are released every year.
The release of this enormous 'avian biomass' inevitably has a destabilising impact on established wildlife populations with whom the pheasants will compete for food and cover. The natural landscape is also damaged by this sudden influx.
The 'breeding stock' is typically kept in small pens. Their eggs are collected, incubated in ovens and the chicks reared in heated sheds before being moved, aged six or seven weeks, into large 'release pens'.
Animal Aid has gathered evidence relating to every stage of the production process, most recently at a state-of-the-art breeding unit in Powys comprising row upon row of metal pens. Each pen was just 2ft wide, 4 ft long and 1 ft high and yet incarcerated within were one cock pheasant and six or seven females. The majority had been feather-pecked by stressed cagemates, some so severely that their backs and necks were bare and bloody. This was despite all of them having been fitted with oppressive 'anti-aggression' face masks.

The pens themselves were devoid of any comfort. The pen floor was wire mesh, the sides were made from solid alloy and there was a flexible mesh roof. The floor was at an angle so that eggs could roll through for ease of collection. The pens were elevated about one metre from the ground and were in tight, seemingly endless open-air rows. The area covered totalled at least two acres, or the equivalent of two football pitches.
Predators exterminated
Once hatched, pheasant chicks are moved to heated sheds, each typically holding one or two hundred birds. Attached to each shed is a small outdoor covered run, to which the birds have access once they are considered hardy enough. At seven or eight weeks they are moved from the sheds to release enclosures - large fenced-in units that can hold thousands of birds. As the shooting season approaches (it runs from October 1 to February 1) the birds are encouraged into fields of cover crops and, come shooting days, beaten up into the sky to serve as feathered targets.
Throughout the whole process, the pheasants are fed and medicated - and any animal perceived as threatening their survival is exterminated. Even after their release, strategically placed feed hoppers entice the pheasants to remain within the vicinity so that paying customers are not short of targets. When each day's shooting stops, feed is used to seduce the survivors back into cover so that they are available to face the guns on another day.

Mutilations and restraints
As indicated, the crowded, unnatural conditions within the sheds lead to aggression. Gamekeepers attempt to counteract this by a variety of mutilations and physical restraints. Perhaps the most severe 'procedure' is 'debeaking'. In its 1997 Report on the Welfare of Laying Hens, the government's official agricultural advisory body - known as the Farm Animal Welfare Council (FAWC) - stated: 'We consider that beak trimming is a most undesirable mutilation which should be avoided if at all possible and only used if essential to prevent worse welfare problems of injurious feather pecking and cannibalism.' The report adds: '...if beak trimming is essential, it should be carried out at up to 10 days of age...' [1]"

Lovely hobby

AbFab mocks them better than I ever could.
http://youtu.be/IHKb-x9urS0
« Last Edit: September 21, 2013, 05:13:04 AM by Kiki LaShrewd » Logged
le_modeliste

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: September 21, 2013, 05:53:31 AM »

Does anybody have a link that states that the 740 birds that William/Harry/etc shot that one day were all eaten? Because I can understand a deer or two for the purposes of feeding your family, but 740 birds? I mean, even if they all lined up in front of you and stood there how long would it take you to kill off 740 birds??? That's some sadistic pleasure, IMO.
ScottishRose
Banned
Small Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: September 21, 2013, 06:04:06 AM »

I am pretty sure 90% of hunters don't hunt because it is the only way to feed their family. Most hunt because they enjoy it, or as a business. It's not for personal consumption often. Humanely killing abundant wild animals, is Not the same as massacring rhinos for horns and leaving them to rot in the sun. My Uncles are hunters, but donate money and time every year to the Humane society, are they hypocrites? They have trophies on their walls and definitely don't need to hunt to feed their families thogh they do eat the meat.
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: September 21, 2013, 06:07:22 AM »

They do eat what they kill. It is not like they shoot it and then leave it to rot. I live in an area where both the conservationists and the hunters co-exist, and while there are disagreements, in general they look at it ecologically. We are overrun with deer to the point where people are getting killed because of car accidents with them. So deer hunting is allowed but only at a certain time in the fall and in places that are designated. We also have a lot of fox that end up road kill, so yes we also have fox hunting. I understand people have strong feelings about killing animals, and I am not someone who could pull a trigger and end a life, but I do understand the need to keep things balanced. I myself hit and killed a deer with my car. It was one of the most frightening experiences. It came out of nowhere. I hit my breaks but it jumped square in front of my car and there was nothing I could do. I was grateful it died instantly. JMO

^^^ Yes, that's the same in the neck of my woods, so to speak, but that's where the problem starts with me! It's a devils circle. Humans wreck the natural habitat of these animals by depriving them of living space. Building streets and bigger properties to sell for the biggest profit. Wild animals don't know the danger of traffic or humans. And they get killed. Rather than preserving nature and it's natural inhabitants, 4 to 6 lanes streets need to be build to carry the increased traffic, because everybody and they aunt thinks they need do drive everywhere themselves. Most find relying on public transportation too uncomfortable, or have limited access to public transportation. It's us humans creating the problem, not the animals. And as long as we don't accept that truth and change our way of thinking, we are the worst animal out there! We supposedly live with a conscious, for sure with purpose and definitely with a huge portion of egoism - - animals live naturally if we let them.

PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: September 21, 2013, 06:20:28 AM »

Does anybody have a link that states that the 740 birds that William/Harry/etc shot that one day were all eaten? Because I can understand a deer or two for the purposes of feeding your family, but 740 birds? I mean, even if they all lined up in front of you and stood there how long would it take you to kill off 740 birds??? That's some sadistic pleasure, IMO.

of course they are not shot for food in case of survival, they are shot because its a sport. It's not overpopulation, pheasants and deer is bread for these hunting parties to appear and kill those animals. Some are eaten and some are probably sold.

To be bread to be killed, is the worst kind of hunting. If you don't depend on hunting to feed your family, you have no business doing it, and that's my opinion.  Everything else is pleasure in killing another living being These "hunters" are no snipers, so animals are maimed die a miserable death.. And that's as bad as domestic animal farming. It's disgusting human trait.

ScottishRose
Banned
Small Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: September 21, 2013, 04:01:02 PM »

How is breeding pheassants for hunting any different then cows, chickens, pigs......the pheasant farmers are feeding their family through the business. People are eating the animals, not going to waste. Unless you are a vegetarian who wears no leather, wool or eat honey.......
le_modeliste

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: September 21, 2013, 04:03:18 PM »

of course they are not shot for food in case of survival, they are shot because its a sport. It's not overpopulation, pheasants and deer is bread for these hunting parties to appear and kill those animals. Some are eaten and some are probably sold.

That's what I figured, but since the claim that "it's not bad because they eat everything they kill!" keeps popping up...
ScottishRose
Banned
Small Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: September 21, 2013, 04:25:37 PM »

The argument is not William is eating it personally. The argument is it is being eaten. Shold farmers only kill the cows they personally will eat?

If a hunter cant be opposed to poaching. Vegans should be the only one caring about animals, or we are all hypocrites by these standards.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: