Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The (former) Royal Family of Serbia (Yugoslavia) news  (Read 42402 times)
Sunshine

Mini Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: October 08, 2017, 03:30:15 PM »

I have been following the Serbian Royal family. They are lovely people but they also does a lot of charity work for their country. IMO they do way more work than some of these well established royal family. I would love for them to reinstate their monarchy.

Victoria looks great. Not a fan of the bride dress.
Olya

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: October 08, 2017, 03:44:33 PM »

That's why they do so much charity work, in the hopes of re-establishing the monarchy but it'll never happen, for good reason. They might look good now, but why take up a hereditary head of state? Where's democracy in that? And then down the line to have ingrates. Looking at other (current) monarchies should be enough to put anyone off having delusional hopes of re-establishing a monarchy and be grateful to be fully democratic. Karadjordje is a well respected national hero, doesn't mean his descendants should live in palaces and off of taxpayers' money.

I have to hand it to them though, they seem to have kept away from scandals and do treat their homeland with respect, but I don't know how much of it is honest and how much calculated hoping to get the throne back. I think that any ex-royal family is deluded to hope to have their thrones back and I don't know why so many cling to their "birth right" (Romanovs, Parmas, Bourbons, Hohenzollerns, Karadjordjevics, Habsburgs etc etc the list is endless).

PS I didn't mean to sound catty (esp towards you sunshine), in case it came off that way, which I suspect it did!

Do you mind me asking why you would like to see them back on the throne, sunshine? I'm genuinely curious Smiley
« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 04:14:37 PM by Olya » Logged
Countess of Cows

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: October 08, 2017, 05:18:52 PM »

They look happy  Champagne cheers to love and best wishes

Of all times why didn't Victoria wear her hair down?  Get it cut or do something other than scraping it back.....WAIT..we've been talking about this for decade now, never mind   Snare  (I'm curious about the connection, is she best friends with the bride? otherwise it seems strange and social climbing JMO)

Dress? looks like a white  bathrobe, but they both look so happy who notices LOL  Did they pin it up or what, because it's it much shorter on the steps than in the church  Thinking

http://www.dailymail.co.u...-Marinkovic-Belgrade.html
« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 05:39:48 PM by Countess of Cows » Logged

"I would sooner have you hate me for telling you the truth than adore me for telling you lies." Pietro Aretino

I would rather be hated for something I am, than loved for something I am not. -Bob Marley
Elissa

Ginormous Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: October 08, 2017, 06:19:07 PM »

Pictures from their official website : http://www.royalfamily.or...ip-and-danica-marinkovic/

Victoria in the background

Cake !!! 

First dance ?

Olya

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: October 08, 2017, 06:35:27 PM »

The dress looks like it's been made by an untrained apprentice.

Vic is drinking wine in the pic above, so there goes that theory...
Princess Jasmine

Mini Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: October 08, 2017, 06:36:06 PM »

What a utter crime of a wedding gown!  Nono There are better hide-a-pregnancy-dresses out there. They obviously stuffed her ill fitting bra so her belly would look smaller.

But I love her classic face and they seem really in love. So good for them!
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #81 on: October 08, 2017, 10:09:37 PM »

The couple look very happy and the event very joyful - those are the important parts.. but the dress is certainly terrible, poor woman..
Sunshine

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: October 09, 2017, 03:40:18 AM »

That's why they do so much charity work, in the hopes of re-establishing the monarchy but it'll never happen, for good reason. They might look good now, but why take up a hereditary head of state? Where's democracy in that? And then down the line to have ingrates. Looking at other (current) monarchies should be enough to put anyone off having delusional hopes of re-establishing a monarchy and be grateful to be fully democratic. Karadjordje is a well respected national hero, doesn't mean his descendants should live in palaces and off of taxpayers' money.

I have to hand it to them though, they seem to have kept away from scandals and do treat their homeland with respect, but I don't know how much of it is honest and how much calculated hoping to get the throne back. I think that any ex-royal family is deluded to hope to have their thrones back and I don't know why so many cling to their "birth right" (Romanovs, Parmas, Bourbons, Hohenzollerns, Karadjordjevics, Habsburgs etc etc the list is endless).

PS I didn't mean to sound catty (esp towards you sunshine), in case it came off that way, which I suspect it did!

Do you mind me asking why you would like to see them back on the throne, sunshine? I'm genuinely curious Smiley

No offense taken at all; you are just stating your opinion.

To answer your question, I am a hugh fan of Monarchyís but also believe in democracy. I think the royal family does bring attention to some great cause. I like the tradition of Monarchs too. I think there is a balance between them and the government.

The government is there for a great purpose and I love and appreciate it and believe in democracy. However the royal family tend to get criticized that they are eating up taxpayers money however so does most if not all of the governments and the officials. We still pay for their security, travel expenses etc. Plus the government and their official donít care for all the people; they are also lining their pockets more than the royals IMO.

I donít mind all the monarchy get reinstalled with a exception of a few. Iím got a fan of Greece royal more like the young ones; they come across as too Hollywood and swallow.

Thatís my answer to your question  Grin
RoyalMusings

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: October 09, 2017, 05:49:25 AM »

At first, I thought the dress might be interesting, but it's so bad. Wow. They do look ridiculously happy, so that's really all that matters.
loubna

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: October 09, 2017, 09:55:00 AM »

the couple is so happy  Smiley what is always nice to see, but the dress is a fiasco  Crap
Zazoo

Small Member

Cyprus Cyprus

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: October 09, 2017, 10:02:12 AM »

I lack the word in English but it seems that is the rehearsal dress (the one that is mede from cheap materials so the would ensure that the siluette is right etc..)before the final one !
But the seem happy and that is the important part so I wish the health and happiness!

"Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." ? Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
Sunshine

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: October 09, 2017, 12:27:34 PM »

I went back and look at the dress, it reminds me of a bathrobe or a karate uniform. The dress is just plain awful. The best thing the couple seems in love and very happy. Congrats to them may they have a long lasting marriage.
Suzerain
Banned
Warned
Humongous Member

Heard Island and McDonald Islands Heard Island and McDonald Islands

Did you know some snakes have retractable fangs?

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: October 09, 2017, 01:04:04 PM »

Hmm... Wearing her emerald engagement ring in the engagement pics but not in the wedding pics...?  Thinking I know there's a tradition about moving the ring from one hand to the other so does anyone have more info/pictures on this. Otherwise I'm going to assume she's pregnant and her fingers swollen so she could not wear her ring.

I can't find a photo with her right hand showing. Was she wearing her ring?

It's lovely she received emerald earrings and a pendant to compliment the ring. Some find emeralds to be bad luck though when marrying and I find emerald a brave choice for a ring you are going to wear every day as emeralds are very brittle.

P.S. As for Vic drinking wine, that doesn't necessarily throw the theory out the window... It might be alcohol free wine or sometimes doctors allow for one glass of wine. I don't know.

Suzerain
Banned
Warned
Humongous Member

Heard Island and McDonald Islands Heard Island and McDonald Islands

Did you know some snakes have retractable fangs?

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: October 09, 2017, 01:10:36 PM »

Looks like some sort of ring on her right hand but I don't see a stone.

I still don't get how they managed to make her look uglier than she normally would. Usually brides all look beautiful and radiant on their wedding day but she looks less pretty than in the engagement photos and other photos. And that wedding dress is terrible. Looks like someone hastily sewed one up from table cloths and granny's curtains and she never even tried it on before the wedding.

I notice no-one turned down a glass of wine... well can't really tell if Vic is drinking water or wine.

« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 01:46:07 PM by Suzerain » Logged

Celia

Warned
Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: October 09, 2017, 03:51:59 PM »

Orthodox wear their wedding rings on their right hand.  Maybe she didn't wear her engagement ring on purpose, since the wedding ring is more important.

I'm probably the only one who likes her dress.  It kind of reminds me of an all-white version of national, folk dress.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: