Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The (former) Royal Family of Serbia (Yugoslavia) news  (Read 45393 times)
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: October 09, 2017, 05:35:32 PM »

I never new that in the Gree Orthodox ceremony it's the priest/bishop who slides the rings on

that dress gets worse from different angles. The designer of the dress is said to be Designer Roxanda Ilinchich. The one that Kate and Max also wore before.

don't they look a bit realeated to each other  Nerves

Suzerain
Banned
Warned
Humongous Member

Heard Island and McDonald Islands Heard Island and McDonald Islands

Did you know some snakes have retractable fangs?

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: October 09, 2017, 05:50:05 PM »

The bride has a very gummy smile and the groom reminds me of Michael Schumacher. Or Helmut Lotti. Or a mix of both actually.

Who is the lady with the giant emerald necklace? That is some serious bling if genuine!  Yikes

In this picture the dress looks like it was made out of toilet paper. Or bed sheets, you pick which one. Not very elegant that the train is on the ground like a crumpled heap of bedsheets and people are stepping on to it. The lady next to Giant Emerald Bling Lady looks like the sister of Eva-Maria O'Neill and Donatella Versace.

Elissa

Ginormous Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: October 09, 2017, 06:40:43 PM »

Who is the lady with the giant emerald necklace? That is some serious bling if genuine!  Yikes

It's the groom's mother, Princess Maria da Glória of Orléans-Braganza, Duchess of Segorbe. She was the first wife of Philip's father, Prince Alexander. They divorced and she has since remarried to the Duke of Segorbe. This emerald has a good chance to be genuine one and a family heirloom !

PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: October 09, 2017, 07:49:14 PM »

There seems to be an Emerald theme with the bride

Emerald engagment ring

Necklace/Earring set

Pomme

Huge Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Mary who?

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: October 09, 2017, 08:25:19 PM »

They sure look happy....!

I don't understand why her hairdresser hated her so much to give her a low chignon, and why nobody suggested she define her eyebrows a wee bit more (or add a hint of a smokey eye).
Never mind the gummy smile - not all of us are like Monroe, practising the perfect smile in front of a mirror for hours on end.

As for the dress: somebody PLEASE tell me it's by Martin Margiela ipsum  or even Kaye West, because otherwise I. do. not. understand.

Talk to the hair, you slitherin' Skank
http://i.imgur.com/2mUIe.jpg
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: October 09, 2017, 09:42:30 PM »

I don't understand why her hairdresser hated her so much to give her a low chignon, and why nobody suggested she define her eyebrows a wee bit more (or add a hint of a smokey eye).
Never mind the gummy smile - not all of us are like Monroe, practising the perfect smile in front of a mirror for hours on end.

As for the dress: somebody PLEASE tell me it's by Martin Margiela ipsum  or even Kaye West, because otherwise I. do. not. understand.

Pomme, I listed this upthread, but the dress is said to be Designer Roxanda Ilinchich

These dresses are designed by her as well

Olya

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: October 09, 2017, 10:53:17 PM »

As for the dress: somebody PLEASE tell me it's by Martin Margiela ipsum  or even Kaye West, because otherwise I. do. not. understand.

Pomme, I listed this upthread, but the dress is said to be Designer Roxanda Ilinchich

These dresses are designed by her as well

Inside the Serbian royal wedding: Poached trout, royal selfies and designer frocks revealed as guests share sneak peek of the lavish nuptials on Instagram

Dethroned Prince Philip of Serbia married Danica Marinkovic on Saturday
    Had traditional ceremony at the Cathedral Church of St. Michael the Archangel
    Guests then travelled to the nearby Beli Dvor or White Palace for the reception
    Snaps shared on Instagram show the couple's wedding feast and VIP guests

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.u...al-wedding-Instagram.html

The possibility/ fact that it's by Roksanda Ilincic is not surprising, she's a London-based Serb. Also speculated in the above article that it's by Roksanda Ilincic.

I like some of her designs, others not at all (incl the selection above, some very nice, some very bad).
Suzerain
Banned
Warned
Humongous Member

Heard Island and McDonald Islands Heard Island and McDonald Islands

Did you know some snakes have retractable fangs?

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: October 09, 2017, 11:06:31 PM »

Oh the gummy smile was just an observation, not a complaint on her looks. My own smile is far from perfect, so... I wish it was but despite extensive efforts genetics is against me and I am just not willing to take the veneer route.

I think it is safe to say Roxanda Ilinchich is not my favourite designer. I don't like any of the dresses by her shown on this thread!

Pomme

Huge Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Mary who?

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: October 10, 2017, 12:47:38 AM »

(Waves)
(and smiles - I did practise in my early teens   )
Ah yes Roksanda Ilincich, I did see you mention it upthread but I am obviously in denial.
She of Banana Dress fame...
Actually banana dress wasnt that bad but Max' onesie was an altogether different kiddy paint bib.
Still, all her dresses upthread at least (more or less) fit the wearer. That pic where the newlyweds are hugging/dancing it seems as if Quasimodo did the final fitting.

Talk to the hair, you slitherin' Skank
http://i.imgur.com/2mUIe.jpg
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: October 10, 2017, 12:55:59 AM »

(Waves)
(and smiles - I did practise in my early teens   )
Ah yes Roksanda Ilincich, I did see you mention it upthread but I am obviously in denial.
She of Banana Dress fame...
Actually banana dress wasnt that bad but Max' onesie was an altogether different kiddy paint bib.
Still, all her dresses upthread at least (more or less) fit the wearer. That pic where the newlyweds are hugging/dancing it seems as if Quasimodo did the final fitting.

Laugh bounce   Star

pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: October 10, 2017, 01:48:39 AM »

I sincerely hope she's pregnant.  Otherwise, there is zero excuse for that dress. 

I agree with the others who are baffled as to how this bride looks uglier on her wedding day than she has in literally every single other photo that has been released of her.
Sunshine

Mini Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: October 10, 2017, 03:37:10 AM »

I sincerely hope she's pregnant.  Otherwise, there is zero excuse for that dress. 

I agree with the others who are baffled as to how this bride looks uglier on her wedding day than she has in literally every single other photo that has been released of her.

Pixie you have me rolling in tears as usual. I started to believe maybe she is pregnant too however I saw on another forum of a picture of her the day before at the rehearsal dinner wearing a simple white dress and I couldn’t see any bump. I guess we will find out in a few months. We are all baffled as you stated.
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: October 10, 2017, 03:57:55 AM »

I sincerely hope she's pregnant.  Otherwise, there is zero excuse for that dress.  

I had to chuckle, pixiekitteh, going back and checking her 'civil' photos, and then her 'royal' wedding....and then I thought, it perhaps the conservative tone in the Greek Orthodox church, that brides should look very simple and austere....

M-CH didn't look much either, yes she had a tiara, and her dress had more patterns, but nothing special to me...and god she looked plain here almost unattractive

but then I started to google, and it's not at all as superconservative as I thought

Okay peeps, I'm at a loss...

PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: October 10, 2017, 04:21:37 AM »

The groom's parents

Prince Alexander and Princess Maria da Gloria de Orleans-Braganca

wonder if her mother-in-law has given her advice on the dress  Thinking

Sunshine

Mini Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: October 10, 2017, 04:35:51 AM »

PeDe, If she was trying to take advice from her mother in law she surely failed. Her MIL wedding dress is way better than her dress. Her MIL dress looks simple and elegant compared to her bathroom/ karate style wedding dress. Yes her MIL dress seems to have a tie at the front or side but it wasn’t hideous.

I would really like an explanation from the designer or see the original dress on a runway model to see the concept of the dress.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: