Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The (former) Royal Family of Serbia (Yugoslavia) news  (Read 33479 times)
getafix
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: October 10, 2017, 05:00:09 AM »

The bride has a very gummy smile and the groom reminds me of Michael Schumacher. Or Helmut Lotti. Or a mix of both actually.

opk folks what is the red bit of what ever it is sticking out of the bride's dress on (her right side/our left)?

Anyone know?

is that Sofia of Spain I see in the background?

Truly Fugly wedding frock 

G Smiley

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: October 10, 2017, 05:39:52 AM »

PeDe, If she was trying to take advice from her mother in law she surely failed. Her MIL wedding dress is way better than her dress. Her MIL dress looks simple and elegant compared to her bathroom/ karate style wedding dress. Yes her MIL dress seems to have a tie at the front or side but it wasn’t hideous.

I would really like an explanation from the designer or see the original dress on a runway model to see the concept of the dress.

I was not looking so much at the construction of the dress but the idea of chiffon sleeves on both dresses.

You might be right though, maybe Roxanda Ilinchich took inspriation from a Ninja-Samurai-Kimono robe for the torso...pretty close, no  exchange the sleeves and add fabric on the bottom...voila

Celia

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: October 10, 2017, 05:41:58 AM »

Sofia is the groom's god-mother and a cousin (once removed if you want to be technical) of the groom's father.  The Balkan royals are all pretty inter-related, and of course they're all descended from Christian IX of Denmark and Victoria of the UK many ways.  The groom's parents' marriage was unusual because of her Roman Catholicism.

I was surprised that no Romanians or Romanovs were there, or Danes, or the ubiquitous Kents.
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: October 10, 2017, 10:19:21 AM »

The bride has a very gummy smile and the groom reminds me of Michael Schumacher. Or Helmut Lotti. Or a mix of both actually.

opk folks what is the red bit of what ever it is sticking out of the bride's dress on (her right side/our left)?

Anyone know?

is that Sofia of Spain I see in the background?

Truly Fugly wedding frock 

G Smiley
1.They were apparently showered with rose petals and since her dress (and therefore neckline) was so ill fitting, one rose petal seemed to have fallen into her cleavage. (they were also showered with rice.... I bet the amount of rice found in her cleavage that evening could feed a family or two.)
2. Yes that purple head can only belong to Sofia.
3. Really truely ugly dress. I wonder if she bought some very cutsey underwear and planned on a tada moment for the wedding night? Though a nice Trenchcoat would have been better .
It does remind me of a Kimono, perhaps the groom has a penchant for Geishas?

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Olya

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: October 10, 2017, 02:20:47 PM »

I found MC rather ugly on her wedding day tbh, I've always found her to be frog-eyed, stuck out on her wedding even more so.. Pavlos is imo out of her league looks-wise..

How Danica managed to not look at all pretty on her wedding day, when she clearly looks very pretty in other pics, is beyond me.

The rules for a wedding dress (or any dress for any occasion) in an orthodox church are as in any church - no deep cleavage, shoulders covered, nothing above the knee, no open-toed shoes, and technically women should cover their heads. Very hot summers might make exceptions and "allow" sandals, though I have yet to see someone be thrown out of church for beingg inappropriately dressed. My cousin's floozy of a wife (then gf) came to a christening in basically stripper heels and a mini skirt...

Some of the above examples are strictly speaking inappropriate, because of bare shoulders (brides & bridesmaids!), but again, the rules aren't that strictly enforced..

On topic of monarchies coming back... Yeah, no. Sorry. Celebrities do excellent work in bringing widespread attention. Much better than saddling oneself with a monarchy and being tied to generations of these people. The first or so generation might turn out hardworking, but beyond that it spirals into sth else, we only have to look at still existing monarchies. Kudos to the "crown prince/ss" couple for their work, but it should stay as it is.
Duchess of Verona

Large Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: October 10, 2017, 05:18:05 PM »

That is seriously the worst wedding dress I have ever seen.
jigmesjigga

Medium Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: October 30, 2017, 04:12:18 PM »

So Catherine Oxenberg's eldest daughter's father has been revealedhttp://www.dailymail.co.u...-dad-begs-leave-cult.html mainly because India seems to have been taken in by a cult. Some very weird stuff going on here. Catherine's sister, Christina, seems to be throwing shade at her in Huffington Post (I couldn't find the link) about the fact that Catherine has made India keep her father's identity a secret all these years and that may be part of the reason she's joined a cult. What a mess!
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: October 30, 2017, 07:09:49 PM »

So Catherine Oxenberg's eldest daughter's father has been revealedhttp://www.dailymail.co.u...-dad-begs-leave-cult.html mainly because India seems to have been taken in by a cult. Some very weird stuff going on here. Catherine's sister, Christina, seems to be throwing shade at her in Huffington Post (I couldn't find the link) about the fact that Catherine has made India keep her father's identity a secret all these years and that may be part of the reason she's joined a cult. What a mess!

WTF?

This is the craziest thing I've ever seen.  And of course I've fallen down the rabbit hole of needing to know more about this cult.  This guy was a former member.  This blog describes what happens in this cult. So sick.

https://frankreport.com/2...s-slave-rosa-laura-junco/
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: November 19, 2017, 05:32:11 PM »

Guess we now know why Danica wore what seemed to be (to me at least) the world's most unattractive and unflattering wedding gown.  She's pregnant and is due early next year, so she must have been fairly far along at the wedding. Source: TRF
Elissa

Ginormous Member

France France

Turquoise for December

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: November 19, 2017, 10:52:24 PM »

Philip's father Crown Prince Alexander indeed revealed the newlyweds are expecting a child in 2018 in an interview.

http://www.kurir.rs/vesti...smo-za-povratak-monarhije

translation : https://translate.google....-monarhije&edit-text=
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: