Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Máxima will be Regent for Amalia  (Read 9612 times)
wisdomheaven

Gigantic Member

#SRFSugar

Ignore
« on: September 30, 2013, 09:27:20 PM »

Wasn't sure where to put this! Sorry if this is an issue mods

Máxima will be Regent for Amalia

http://www.volkskrant.nl/...ima-regentes-Amalia.dhtml

Als prinses Amalia voor haar 18e verjaardag koningin wordt, wordt koningin Máxima haar regentes. Mocht zij al zijn overleden, wordt prins Constantijn tijdelijk regent. Dat heeft de Rijksvoorlichtingsdienst maandag bekendgemaakt. Amalia wordt koningin bij overlijden of troonsafstand van koning Willem-Alexander.

Nederland heeft één keer een koningin-regentes gehad. Toen koning Willem III in 1890 overleed, was prinses Wilhelmina 10 jaar oud. Tot haar 18e verjaardag was haar moeder koningin Emma regentes. Op 31 augustus 1898, de 18e verjaardag van Wilhelmina, werd zij ingehuldigd als koningin.

In case something happens to Willem-Alexander before Amalia has become of age, Maxima will be Regent for her. If she is already deceased, Prince Constantijn will be temporary regent. The RVD announced Monday. Amalia is queen at death or abdication of King Willem-Alexander.

Netherlands has had a queen-regent once. When King William III died in 1890, Princess Wilhelmina was 10 years old. Until her 18th birthday her mother Queen Emma was regent. On 31 August 1898, the 18th Birthday of Wilhelmina, she was inaugurated as queen.
TLLK

Most Exalted Member

Pitcairn Pitcairn

"The gauntlet is definitely thrown down. Stay safe

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2013, 09:39:06 PM »

Wasn't sure where to put this! Sorry if this is an issue mods

http://www.volkskrant.nl/...ima-regentes-Amalia.dhtml

Als prinses Amalia voor haar 18e verjaardag koningin wordt, wordt koningin Máxima haar regentes. Mocht zij al zijn overleden, wordt prins Constantijn tijdelijk regent. Dat heeft de Rijksvoorlichtingsdienst maandag bekendgemaakt. Amalia wordt koningin bij overlijden of troonsafstand van koning Willem-Alexander.

Nederland heeft één keer een koningin-regentes gehad. Toen koning Willem III in 1890 overleed, was prinses Wilhelmina 10 jaar oud. Tot haar 18e verjaardag was haar moeder koningin Emma regentes. Op 31 augustus 1898, de 18e verjaardag van Wilhelmina, werd zij ingehuldigd als koningin.

In case something happens to Willem-Alexander before Amalia has become of age, Maxima will be Regent for her. If she is already deceased, Prince Constantijn will be temporary regent. The RVD announced Monday. Amalia is queen at death or abdication of King Willem-Alexander.

Netherlands has had a queen-regent once. When King William III died in 1890, Princess Wilhelmina was 10 years old. Until her 18th birthday her mother Queen Emma was regent. On 31 August 1898, the 18th Birthday of Wilhelmina, she was inaugurated as queen.
Looks like this was the place to put this news.  Smiley Thanks for sharing. TBH I'm not surprised that Max would be regent with Uncle Constantijn as back up.
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2013, 11:20:05 PM »

Wow. This would never happen in Denmark.
Sas

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2013, 11:30:16 PM »

Just like with Claus (1) and Margriet (2) as regent for Willem-Alexander. Hopefully it will not be necessary, but with Friso in mind it very wise to arrange things like this beforehand.
Sas

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2013, 11:54:09 PM »

Btw. if King W-A would die (way too young), Máxima would not have sole custody over Queen C-A. She would have to share the rights with a group of 5 persons: the vice-president of the Council of State, the president of the Court of Audit, the president of the Supreme Court and 2 persons chosen by the Royal Family. I think 18 years old is still awful young to become a queen with all rights and duties, but it happened before (Wilhelmina).
sleepyvalentina

Large Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2013, 12:06:58 AM »

I mean no offense by this; it's a genuine question.
Would people accept a Catholic foreigner as regent? I know she's popular, but given her family history...

TLLK

Most Exalted Member

Pitcairn Pitcairn

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2013, 01:03:14 AM »

Would people accept a Catholic foreigner as regent? I know she's popular, but given her family history...

IMHO the Dutch appear to be accepting of Maxima as who she is and how she's integrated into Dutch society. Also Max was okay with keeping her father on the sidelines during official celebrations ie: her wedding. (Plus he's not likely to be around for too long. Halo)
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2013, 01:14:30 AM »

I'm sure Mosh wishes that it could. Roll Eyes
sleepyvalentina

Large Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2013, 01:19:41 AM »

IMHO the Dutch appear to be accepting of Maxima as who she is and how she's integrated into Dutch society. Also Max was okay with keeping her father on the sidelines during official celebrations ie: her wedding. (Plus he's not likely to be around for too long. Halo)

I know she's very popular. That's probably most of what matters.

Galuh

Ginormous Member

Tuvalu Tuvalu

Mary & Michael, twins separated at birth?

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2013, 01:28:40 AM »

Maria, who will become a regent according to Danish law if this situation occurred, the heir's mother or the deceased king's sibling?
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 02:08:46 AM by Galuh » Logged

TLLK

Most Exalted Member

Pitcairn Pitcairn

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2013, 01:55:39 AM »

I know she's very popular. That's probably most of what matters.

I agree sleepyvalentia. Also the DRF seems to be very close. I don't think that they'd have been comfortable with having Max as a regent if they were not all behind the idea.
Pomme

Big Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Mary who?

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2013, 02:11:36 AM »

Well, we had a foreigner as regent before, the German wife of Willem III (queen) Emma van Walderck Pyrmont, who was appointed regent for a few days in November 1890 when Willem III was too ill to reign, and again, when little Wilhelmina had become queen/HoS upon his death, until Wilhelmina turned 18 and assumed the throne.

But she was Protestant  Grin

The whole issue of the potential influence from the controversial (how's that for an understatement), foreign, Catholic, grandparents upon our future head of state, especially in the unthinkable situation where the father or god forbid both parents of the future HoS would not live, was hotly debated before Wax Max got married. IIRC the discussion was shelved in the 'ain't gonna happen' cupboard. 14 years on, Max has proved herself as a loyal royal, fairly scandal-free, keeping her parents away from state events, very conscientious in her role as consort to the HoS and mother of the heir and the spares. I'm convinced The Bee approves of Max' way of raising the Triple As, and will have a say in matters concerning the girls as long as she's around. Besides, Jorge Z. is 85.

Talk to the hair, you slitherin' Skank
http://i.imgur.com/2mUIe.jpg
Rescue

Large Member

Denmark Denmark

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2013, 02:28:18 AM »

I don't think anyone in their right mind seriously believe that Maxima is going to force dutch protestants to become catholic or that she will imposed some kind of fascist rule in the country.
That is probably why most people in the Netherlands are relaxed about her, in a horrible senario, becoming regent.
tgb

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2013, 02:36:28 AM »

I don't think anyone in their right mind seriously believe that Maxima is going to force dutch protestants to become catholic or that she will imposed some kind of fascist rule in the country.
That is probably why most people in the Netherlands are relaxed about her, in a horrible senario, becoming regent.

My thoughts exactly, nothing like that would happen today.
Pomme

Big Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Mary who?

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2013, 02:41:55 AM »

True, but the Dutch have a tendency to "see bears in the road" - see all kinds of dangers where there aren't any (yet)

Talk to the hair, you slitherin' Skank
http://i.imgur.com/2mUIe.jpg
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: