Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kate's - GALA dresses  (Read 139643 times)
Lady Willoughby

Warned
Huge Member

United States United States

Circa Regna Tonat

Ignore
« Reply #510 on: October 28, 2018, 05:51:15 PM »

I like the informal, mangled, ruching of the fabric; I think it adds interest to it.   My only complaint about the dress is the design of the bottom part of it.  I think it would have looked much better if the skirt had continued in a narrow A-line design in the same fabric with the hem just skimming the floor.
I think it looks like all those "say yes to the dress" things for under $2000. Hello David's Bridal.

🤣🤣🤣🤣😂😂😂😂😂👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻 Star

Yeah, what a bummer that people are poor and can't wear high fashion. It's a real tragedy. So horrible that we have to look at people who haven't dropped thousands on one skirt/dress/shirt/shoes/whatever. Real mad Ranting Real mad Ranting  Jesus H. Christ.

Thank you!!

Here's my cheap* wedding dress from David's Bridal

https://www.davidsbridal....4_mermaid-wedding-dresses

* not so cheap when you're on disability and only earning 60% of your minimum wage paycheck

Mine was a DB special as well Lothwen.

pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #511 on: October 28, 2018, 05:53:50 PM »

I like the informal, mangled, ruching of the fabric; I think it adds interest to it.   My only complaint about the dress is the design of the bottom part of it.  I think it would have looked much better if the skirt had continued in a narrow A-line design in the same fabric with the hem just skimming the floor.
I think it looks like all those "say yes to the dress" things for under $2000. Hello David's Bridal.

🤣🤣🤣🤣😂😂😂😂😂👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻 Star

Yeah, what a bummer that people are poor and can't wear high fashion. It's a real tragedy. So horrible that we have to look at people who haven't dropped thousands on one skirt/dress/shirt/shoes/whatever. Real mad Ranting Real mad Ranting  Jesus H. Christ.

Thank you!!

* not so cheap when you're on disability and only earning 60% of your minimum wage paycheck

Star  Hug

This dress is very pretty!  And it looks just as pretty as any wedding gown any of the royals have worn.

My wedding dress cost about the same as yours.  I know, how dare I?  I should be so ashamed and should never have gotten married at all since I couldn't afford couture.  Roll Eyes  

One thing I learned early in life is that people who are actually seriously wealthy NEVER flaunt their wealth.  It's always the wannabes who do.  I've personally known more than one billionaire in my life, and I've known people who are trustafarians, and you'd never know how wealthy they were if you passed them on the street. It's only the desperate ones who make sure you know how much they spent on a skirt or who laugh at those who don't spend obscene amounts of money on flashy things.

People really need to think twice before they make fun of people who aren't dropping thousands on their clothes.
esther angeline

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #512 on: October 28, 2018, 08:09:05 PM »

Lothwen  Star your dress was lovely and I am sure you were a gorgeous bride!
Tatini

Huge Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #513 on: October 28, 2018, 08:31:21 PM »

I got married in this Alice Temperley cherry blossom dress. I didnít want a traditional wedding gown

https://www.lyst.com/clot...ry-blossom-dress-nudered/

It was on sale, a real bargain 😛
cordtx

Warned
Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #514 on: October 28, 2018, 08:35:56 PM »

The cherry blossoms are beautiful. What a great idea!
Meghan should have one of yíall for her stylist. Much more original ideas
onar

Huge Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #515 on: October 28, 2018, 08:58:12 PM »

🤣🤣🤣🤣😂😂😂😂😂👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻 Star

Thank you!!

That's a very beautiful dress!!!!

fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #516 on: October 28, 2018, 09:14:51 PM »

Not sure how my comment about Kate's dress was suddenly construed to be an insult to anyone who doesn't wear couture.  Nono I mean no such ridiculous thing.
 I am pretty sure that Kate's dress, no matter what designer, cost about the equivalent of several poster's wedding attire. I wasn't putting down David's bridal or whatever shop does the 'say yes to the dress show', I was simply saying that Kate's dress looked nothing like the new innovative fashion forward design the design house likely had her pay for.
It was a tried and much copied model that has been seen since the 80's.

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
MarieQueenie

Warned
Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #517 on: November 07, 2018, 06:43:07 AM »

A picture of Kate in a stunning Marchesa dress, black and gold and the Strathmore Rose Tiara. Can't find a closer look anywhere.

Plz notice some pictures of late Lady Diana that I personnly never saw before. Many beautiful dresses never shown in the media.

The Duchess of Cambridge in the Strathmore Rose Tiara and Marchesa gown :
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/339740365624443447/
Ellie

Warned
Humongous Member

wannabe Lesbaru driver

Ignore
« Reply #518 on: November 07, 2018, 06:45:54 AM »

It is Photoshopped by some crazy sugar.
kpzra

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #519 on: November 07, 2018, 07:04:44 AM »

There is some bad and crazy photoshop on that link. Yikes
karma chamelion

Medium Member

Harry 'Hotspur' Percy

Ignore
« Reply #520 on: November 07, 2018, 09:54:30 AM »

That's a really disturbing image imo, the photoshop is ott Nerves

"The pen is mightier than the sword" - Edward Bulwer-Lytton
Ktc

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #521 on: November 07, 2018, 03:09:49 PM »

A picture of Kate in a stunning Marchesa dress, black and gold and the Strathmore Rose Tiara. Can't find a closer look anywhere.

Plz notice some pictures of late Lady Diana that I personnly never saw before. Many beautiful dresses never shown in the media.

The Duchess of Cambridge in the Strathmore Rose Tiara and Marchesa gown :
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/339740365624443447/

Oh dear. Maybe they were just playing dress up with her? Itís a little Game of Thrones 😳
Duchess of Verona

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #522 on: November 07, 2018, 04:58:58 PM »

And her arms appear to be 4' long.
Antevorta

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #523 on: November 07, 2018, 10:16:06 PM »

At least this light blue monstrosity is a bit better than her usual Erdem fug  Blush Blush Blush

I dunno... the ruffle on the bottom of the blue/grey taffeta number out-ruffled any ruffle on the bottom of any of her Erdem frocks. 

Yeah I agree ... but at least it doesn't look like a floral fugly-colored Erdem curtain ...

For all the talk of Kate's boring style, I must admit that I enjoy when she takes risks with her formal gowns.  It seems to be the one area where she is consistently comfortable to take a risk.  Granted, a lot of the time it doesn't quite work but I appreciate the risk.
Lady Adelaide

Humongous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #524 on: December 05, 2018, 05:55:42 AM »

Another Jenny Packham dress. I'm feeling meh about this one...

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: