Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 66   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kate's - COCKTAIL (shorter) dresses  (Read 313581 times)
CathyJane

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: October 20, 2013, 03:15:39 AM »

I never noticed before but it is badly made.
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Til and Phil fan account

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: October 20, 2013, 01:20:04 PM »

Wickstead doesn't finish clothes well.
In this dress, something is definitely not sewn correctly or fasteners were becoming loose.
The waistline is pulling on something (the lining?) making the hemline droop as well.

Did she do the terrible pale blue cocktail dress Kate wore to the NPG when she was pregnant, as that was really badly made:

I stand with crop-top wearing pro-democracy protesters
Rescue

Warned
Large Member

Denmark Denmark

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: October 20, 2013, 01:57:42 PM »

Yep! That is a dress designed by Emilia Wickstead. It is one of the most amateurishly made designer dresses I have ever seen. It was/is just so ugly.
Vava

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: October 20, 2013, 03:28:22 PM »

and the Sugars went wild over that dress.  LOL.   It was truly ugly.
le_modeliste

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: October 20, 2013, 05:21:11 PM »

The sugars would go mad if she wore a burlap sack with holes poked in it 

The only Emilia Wickstead dress I've liked is the green St. Patrick's Day coatdress. To me, the rest of them all have lovely colors, and the right idea, but terrible finishing. Also this one:

Emma Rose

Big Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: October 20, 2013, 08:56:58 PM »

^  This looks like it was made in a hurry. I like the idea of it but it didn't hang right and yellow is just wrong on Kate. Wouldn't a designer know that??
If I were Kate I would have worn something different. It was poorly made and bland.
le_modeliste

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: October 20, 2013, 09:13:35 PM »

^  This looks like it was made in a hurry. I like the idea of it but it didn't hang right and yellow is just wrong on Kate. Wouldn't a designer know that??
If I were Kate I would have worn something different. It was poorly made and bland.

Right?? Which is funny because I remember there being a big hubbaloo over this being a bespoke dress that took 6 weeks to make.
Emma Rose

Big Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: October 20, 2013, 09:19:10 PM »

There's no way this could have been bespoke
esther angeline

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: October 20, 2013, 09:23:45 PM »

Those are trully classy. This is what a future queen should look like  Roll Eyes

I think she is wearing hooker clothes ESP with those horrid boots.
le_modeliste

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: October 20, 2013, 09:25:14 PM »

That's what I would have thought, too, given the final product, but:

Our pals at Emilia Wickstead tell Grazia Daily that this is a bespoke dress specially made for Kate. Itís not from a specific season, but the yellow-gold raffia fabric featured a lot in the Spring Summer 2012 collection. They also tell us that altogether a dress like this takes about 6 weeks to complete.

http://www.graziadaily.co...r-of-the-thistle-2012.htm

Even more shocking? The sky blue dress above was ALSO bespoke!!  Yikes if I saw that that was the final product I would have demanded my money back. Nobody looks good with poofy side and back boobs...

I feel like Emilia Wickstead is the only designer who has probably developed a worse reputation after dressing Kate  Laughing
QueenEM

Large Member

Argentina Argentina

I'm SWexxy and I know it

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: October 20, 2013, 09:29:02 PM »

Our pals at Emilia Wickstead tell Grazia Daily that this is a bespoke dress specially made for Kate. Itís not from a specific season, but the yellow-gold raffia fabric featured a lot in the Spring Summer 2012 collection. They also tell us that altogether a dress like this takes about 6 weeks to complete.

Even more shocking? The sky blue dress above was ALSO bespoke!!  Yikes if I saw that that was the final product I would have demanded my money back. Nobody looks good with poofy side and back boobs...

I feel like Emilia Wickstead is the only designer who has probably developed a worse reputation after dressing Kate  Laughing

I refuse to believe it  Yikes
The dresses might be nice if they were done correctely, but they are just so poorly made they are awful
Suzy

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: October 20, 2013, 10:35:12 PM »

I refuse to believe it  Yikes
The dresses might be nice if they were done correctely, but they are just so poorly made they are awful

Maybe she giggles and jumps around a lot whenever they try to measure her. And we know she likes to pretend she is taller than she is in reality and her posture is not the best and her hair might be getting in the way too ... 
PruNordstrom

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: October 20, 2013, 11:20:00 PM »

Yep! That is a dress designed by Emilia Wickstead. It is one of the most amateurishly made designer dresses I have ever seen. It was/is just so ugly.

ITA.
This dress looks as though it was a mix of two different patterns that weren't correctly altered to meet at the waist area seam. Also, the fabric is too stiff for the style. The puckering in the back around the neckline and the unskilled ease of the bodice attachment to the skirt does not show skilled pattern making. The sewing: meh. If this dress was cut weeks before its use, then that was a mistake since the PG body changes quickly in that time. Dresses have to be fitted, cut and sewn in 7 days to avoid the too small look and excessive alteration. Wickstead does not know how to design or sew maternity clothing. IMO.

The only thing most people do better than anyone else is read their own handwriting.
Spacetime tells matter how to move; matter tells spacetime how to curve. ~JWheeler
le_modeliste

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: October 20, 2013, 11:30:47 PM »

Maybe she giggles and jumps around a lot whenever they try to measure her. And we know she likes to pretend she is taller than she is in reality and her posture is not the best and her hair might be getting in the way too ... 

Laughing Star

Wickstead does not know how to design or sew maternity clothing. IMO.

Or non-maternity clothing, IMHO...  Whistle
PruNordstrom

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: October 20, 2013, 11:45:21 PM »

The only Emilia Wickstead dress I've liked is the green St. Patrick's Day coatdress. To me, the rest of them all have lovely colors, and the right idea, but terrible finishing. Also this one:

^  This looks like it was made in a hurry. I like the idea of it but it didn't hang right and yellow is just wrong on Kate. Wouldn't a designer know that?? ...It was poorly made and bland.

Finishing on Wickstead pieces is a problem but you can't properly finish a poorly cut piece of clothing. This yellow dress is too big in the shoulders and that hollow look at the top of the bodice indicates that area is also too big. The bustline is positioned incorrectly for K's torso from waist to neck. This dress also reflects the fastener issues and waistline pulling evident in the pink pleated skirt dress. The vertical seam lines on the skirt do not lay flat as they should. It looks as though this hasn't been steamed or ironed before wearing. It could have looked better.

Does she come in and order a dress and want it with such short notice that fit and finish is ignored unless gross errors are made? Does Wickstead want the business so badly that no one will tell K that there isn't enough time to properly fit, cut, sew and finish the dress?

She ought to spend some time with QE's designer to see how a proper bespoke outfit is created from start to finish including the amount of time it takes. (LIke that's gonna happen.) What K doesn't understand or is ignoring is that a poorly finished outfit made for her reflects on her and her judgement. If she accepts poorly made/completed clothing what are her standards for other completed work? Is this the "good enough" duchess?

If she accepts this kind of bespoke work, she should continue buying non-gala outfits at the store and spend only on the gala dresses. It would make her seem more 'normal' that way.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 11:50:39 PM by PruNordstrom » Logged

The only thing most people do better than anyone else is read their own handwriting.
Spacetime tells matter how to move; matter tells spacetime how to curve. ~JWheeler
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 66   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: