Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 49   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kate's - COATS/COATDRESSES  (Read 228284 times)
Kaiserin

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #630 on: March 17, 2019, 02:04:26 PM »

We have a new coat!!

A bespoke Alexander McQueen that looks completely different to all the other 267 green coats already in her closet...not.

As much as she is obsessed with shiny buttons, I have to give her that today's had only 3,

while usually, the average is 9,53 or so per garment ...

anastasia beaverhausen

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #631 on: March 17, 2019, 02:28:03 PM »

We have a new coat!!

A bespoke Alexander McQueen that looks completely different to all the other 267 green coats already in her closet...not.

As much as she is obsessed with shiny buttons, I have to give her that today's had only 3,

while usually, the average is 9,53 or so per garment ...

Yes, the button control is admirable here.  But I really think that this is a perfect occasion to re-wear.  Everyone expects a green coat, so why not wear the same one?  Seems silly.
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

BelgianRF fan account

Ignore
« Reply #632 on: March 17, 2019, 04:16:23 PM »

We have a new coat!!

Similar tailoring to this one on the waist and neck:

#stayhomesavelives
Vava

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #633 on: March 17, 2019, 04:38:29 PM »

Well, it's a nice enough coat, better than some of the other ones she has.  She should definitely get rid of some of those 'over buttoned' monstrosities that a previous poster showed.  LOL.   Some of those were real doosies!!!
Lille

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #634 on: March 17, 2019, 04:39:53 PM »

We have a new coat!!

Similar tailoring to this one on the waist and neck:

Good eye Star
Kaiserin

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #635 on: March 17, 2019, 05:45:51 PM »

Really a good eye, FC - waist and collar part are oh so similar!

McQueen does so often use the same same but different cut for her ... even when you're least expect it. Like in the bottle green evening gown third row right and the bandaid coloured 40ies monstrosity she wore at her sister's wedding ...

I always wonder whether that is HER wish or McQueens proposal.

The strangest was the coat she has in offwhite, almostwhitebutinfactlightyellow and light blue.

What? Yeah, it's raining here, and we have a heavy wind that prevents me from being outside, so I'm chilling of the sofa and doing collages ...
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

BelgianRF fan account

Ignore
« Reply #636 on: March 17, 2019, 06:34:57 PM »

McQueen does so often use the same same but different cut for her ... even when you're least expect it. Like in the bottle green evening gown third row right and the bandaid coloured 40ies monstrosity she wore at her sister's wedding ...

I always wonder whether that is HER wish or McQueens proposal.

The strangest was the coat she has in offwhite, almostwhitebutinfactlightyellow and light blue.

What? Yeah, it's raining here, and we have a heavy wind that prevents me from being outside, so I'm chilling of the sofa and doing collages ...

Star for your collages. There are a lot of very similar designs there, but also a reminder that McQueen does the best tailoring for Kate's body type.

And while I'm feeling charitable, perhaps it says something nice about Kate that she let her sister wiggle her bottom in a slinky white dress in front of millions of global TV viewers at her wedding, then herself wore a sad sack bandaid coloured droopy dress for her sister's nupitals. That's one way not to scene-steal

#stayhomesavelives
PruNordstrom

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #637 on: March 18, 2019, 01:46:12 AM »

The "bandaid coloured" dress has a bustline and bodice that looks as if no one measured her before sewing it even though the same style in the "bottle green" dress has the same bodice. When she wore the green dress she was pregnant and probably had a fuller bustline by that time. Their attention to detail is often lacking.

The only thing most people do better than anyone else is read their own handwriting.
Spacetime tells matter how to move; matter tells spacetime how to curve. ~JWheeler
NAOTMAA

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #638 on: March 18, 2019, 04:55:53 AM »

I know she gets praised for being "thrifty" and having a simply style, but I actually almost find it most offensive that she spends so much for basically the same outfit with only a few little differences over and over then anything else. Big deal its sometimes a different color or has a few more/less buttons, when push comes to shove they're all the same.

It would be truly praiseworthy if she simply had the same one outfit adjusted over and over until threadbare rather then spending thousands for a new and almost identical one altogether. I believe she's done that on some occasions but the way she dresses it should be done EVERY TIME. All those bland samey outfits just aren't worth the price tag.  
lisadug

Warned
Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #639 on: March 18, 2019, 07:14:02 AM »

Quote from: NAOTMAA ⭐️link=topic=13107.msg1201283#msg1201283 date=1552881353
I know she gets praised for being "thrifty" and having a simply style, but I actually almost find it most offensive that she spends so much for basically the same outfit with only a few little differences over and over then anything else. Big deal its sometimes a different color or has a few more/less buttons, when push comes to shove they're all the same.

It would be truly praiseworthy if she simply had the same one outfit adjusted over and over until threadbare rather then spending thousands for a new and almost identical one altogether. I believe she's done that on some occasions but the way she dresses it should be done EVERY TIME. All those bland samey outfits just aren't worth the price tag. 

⭐️
XoXo

Warned
Mini Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #640 on: March 18, 2019, 09:16:18 AM »

Kate was boring, is boring and will always remain boring. So I highly doubt her wardrobe is going to change anytime soon. It took her more then 7 years just to wear normal trousers and even if she plans on sticking to a signature style, aka Queen, she looks far more dated and uninspiring when compared to her grandmother in law. In fact Queen only started sticking to a signature style in her older years, when she was young she was quite stylish so I don't really understand this particular argument as well.

However atleast now media has stop pushing her as some sort of style icon so small mercies. 
Duchess of Suffolk

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #641 on: March 19, 2019, 12:40:01 PM »

New Catherine Walker for Kate Whistle

Kitty

Warned
Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #642 on: March 19, 2019, 12:44:31 PM »

She looks great! I think I love the look because it reminds me of clothes she would wear from 2011-2012 where in my opinion she looked her best!
Eliza B

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #643 on: March 19, 2019, 12:48:33 PM »

She looks great! I think I love the look because it reminds me of clothes she would wear from 2011-2012 where in my opinion she looked her best!

Totally.  Her new stuff is at least very flattering,  timeless,  and perfectly tailored.  I'd rather this than her prairie phase stuff
Kitty

Warned
Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #644 on: March 19, 2019, 01:01:26 PM »

Totally.  Her new stuff is at least very flattering,  timeless,  and perfectly tailored.  I'd rather this than her prairie phase stuff
Her new stuff is a hit or miss. Her loser stuff looking back was mostly a hit! But today she looked well tailored and elegant! She actually looks like a PRINCESS for one in a long time!
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 49   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: