Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kate's - COATS/COATDRESSES  (Read 216469 times)
Margaret

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #705 on: November 10, 2019, 09:06:50 PM »

I have to admit, when I saw her this morning, its one of the few times I've looked at her and seen a regal future Queen. I think she looks stunning, not OTT, just demure and solemn in remembrance. I really like the hat, it suits the edges of her face well.

I have thought this about her a few times lately.  I think it might be a combination of things.  She is wearing more sleek, grownup, dresses, and her demeanour seems to have changed, too.   Maybe everything in her life has just fallen into place finally, and I think it helps that William is also appearing more "kingly" beside her.

I don't mind the military cosplay of this dress/coat/coat-dress.  It makes a nice change from the plain black woollen coats the other women are wearing.
Duchess of Verona

Big Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #706 on: November 10, 2019, 10:35:43 PM »

This look is similar to one her late MIL enjoyed with a quasi military feel, often by Catherine Walker. It looks good on her. I like that she wears British designers.
PruNordstrom

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #707 on: November 10, 2019, 11:46:12 PM »

It's a lovely coat, but in the circumstances a little too military cosplay for me.  She has another coat like that (worn at Trooping, maybe?) and I find the resemblance to uniform a bit too much, tbh. 

The hat does not help matters either. If you take away the veil and all the other fuss from the hat, it looks a bit like a military cap too.

I think that was the idea, echo of a military hat to go along with the braid on the coat. The embellishments at back of the hat hinting at a plume.

The only thing most people do better than anyone else is read their own handwriting.
Spacetime tells matter how to move; matter tells spacetime how to curve. ~JWheeler
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: