Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kate's - COATS/COATDRESSES  (Read 245532 times)
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Til and Phil fan account

Ignore
« Reply #720 on: January 30, 2020, 09:20:13 PM »

Looks like Kate wore a long version  of Jigsaw's City Coat in petrol blue, around 220-ish

I stand with crop-top wearing pro-democracy protesters
karma chamelion

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #721 on: January 30, 2020, 09:36:34 PM »

Petrol blue - love it! Glad to finally have a name for that color. It's not an expensive coat, either. I'd love to have one.
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Til and Phil fan account

Ignore
« Reply #722 on: March 05, 2020, 08:01:00 PM »

Bespoke Catherine Walker coat (please rewear this for St Patrick's Day, Kate)

Repeated Reiss 'Olivia' coat

Dubarry belted jacket

Repeated bespoke McQueen coat with annoyingly wonky belt and closure

PruNordstrom

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #723 on: March 05, 2020, 11:07:47 PM »

For your easy reference, more green coats.  Wink

The only thing most people do better than anyone else is read their own handwriting.
Spacetime tells matter how to move; matter tells spacetime how to curve. ~JWheeler
Paulina

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #724 on: March 05, 2020, 11:36:34 PM »

I wonder if Kate has so many coats because she is thin, could be cold, is outdoors a lot for her events, and makes the coat, not the outfit, more the thing to highlight. If I had so much working time outdoors, I'd want nice, warm coats, too.

Wish she'd change up her color story some.
Celia

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #725 on: November 08, 2020, 03:45:21 PM »

Isn't the coat today new?
Lady Liebe

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #726 on: November 08, 2020, 04:23:17 PM »

I'm not sure - since she has a few coats that look quite like that, but those fringed epaulets stick out by a mile. Either it's brand new or she's added the fringe and maybe changed the buttons.

"Let us remember that, as much has been given us, much will be expected from us, and that true homage comes from the heart as well as from the lips, and shows itself in deeds."

Theodore Roosevelt
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Til and Phil fan account

Ignore
« Reply #727 on: November 08, 2020, 04:48:26 PM »

Yep, it looks like McQueen to me

ralf103

Big Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #728 on: November 08, 2020, 05:26:12 PM »

As much as Kate has really grown in my estimation, I do wish she'd ditch the cheesy themed dressing for Remembrance Day of all things. Its just a bit twee and I'm sure just wearing a normal black coat would open up the range she could wear.
jolene

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #729 on: November 08, 2020, 08:24:19 PM »

As much as Kate has really grown in my estimation, I do wish she'd ditch the cheesy themed dressing for Remembrance Day of all things. Its just a bit twee and I'm sure just wearing a normal black coat would open up the range she could wear.

Agree. Buying a classic black coat she could rewear and rewear would be the best.
Margaret

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #730 on: November 08, 2020, 10:39:11 PM »

Agree. Buying a classic black coat she could rewear and rewear would be the best.

It's possible the kitchy epaulettes and braided waist band thing are just tacked on and can be removed to make the coat suitable for wearing again.  Or is that too much to ask?

ETA:   Is it possible she does have previous coats re-worked to wear again?  Otherwise they are only worn once or twice and it seems a terrible waste to me to only wear them once. 
« Last Edit: November 08, 2020, 10:44:58 PM by Margaret » Logged
lynaH

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #731 on: November 09, 2020, 12:30:19 AM »

She really can't wear a black coat for anything but a memorial or a funeral. So something that can be reworn is useless.
Oh_Caroline

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #732 on: November 09, 2020, 12:52:59 AM »

She really can't wear a black coat for anything but a memorial or a funeral. So something that can be reworn is useless.

In that case, with such limited usability there's no reason to have so many black coats (8+) with a least 3 of those being Remembrance Day specific.  She's amassing far to many coats that can only be worn on very limited occasions...hence the reason why fewer more versatile black coats would be beneficial.
perdie

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #733 on: November 09, 2020, 02:04:27 AM »

Charles this week talked about fast fashion and how bad it is for the environment.  While that's something he does himself, many of the comments I saw on it talked about how Kate is lauded for wearing something twice and how hypocritical his stance was.  (Disagree - this is her choice, not his.)
 These black faux military coats are a prime example of waste.  Either wear them elsewhere or have 2/3 that are re-used over several Remembrance Days.  This is ridiculous.  Besides, Remembrance Day is not the event to be your most fashionable (not to mention commemorating generations who had rationing, including clothes).
TLLK

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #734 on: November 09, 2020, 02:08:19 AM »

I'm not sure - since she has a few coats that look quite like that, but those fringed epaulets stick out by a mile. Either it's brand new or she's added the fringe and maybe changed the buttons.

I was wondering if she's had an older coat altered.
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: