Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kate's - PREGNANCY fashion  (Read 62034 times)
Kristallinchen

Gigantic Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: May 25, 2015, 07:49:06 PM »

it's probably self-imposed, but honestly, i'd probably be very concerned about my weight, hair, face, etc. if i had that kind of scrutiny 24/7.  it has to be terrible, in that respect, being in the spotlight like that.  everyone sees your pores, etc.!  consequently why some are a bit too thin:  kate, letizia, mary.

Star

I haven't been following Charlene at all, but I think Kate became more focused on her weight right after the engagement, and it was very unfortunate.  Did it come from William?  From her mother?  From someone else?  Or her?  If she truly is concerned about how she looks in high definition photographs, she should employ a makeup artist - and a stylist.  She'd look much better, if she did.  She doesn't need to look skeletal - it's all about proper tailoring, good makeup, and nice hair styles.  But ultimately though, it would be especially refreshing for her to just start working and forget this whole 'runway' nonsense.  If she had a work ethic, she wouldn't need to focus so much on her d@mned appearance.

She probably felt the pressure as having to replace her m-i-l. She must've noticed by this time that Willy was merely looking for some/any woman to marry, who wouldn't talk back and eventually bear his children. And that he didn't care about her as a person at all. Just add Ma Midds to that and the press, who can be vile as well - especially, when someone is doomed too fat - and of course Kate isn't much into other things either (like culture, reading etc.) - it has always been about looks with her.
So nothing else to be expected in that case I guess.

Thistle

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: May 25, 2015, 10:14:04 PM »

Congrats on your 500 posts Kristallinchen Star Banana

Reading can seriously damage your ignorance
Kristallinchen

Gigantic Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: May 25, 2015, 10:29:44 PM »

Congrats on your 500 posts Kristallinchen Star Banana

Thanks
One  Star for you.
PruNordstrom

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: December 31, 2017, 12:15:18 AM »

Working backwards from the present, a review of the 3rd pregnancy wardrobe where herself wears larger size clothing that doesn't really fit. A pattern of dressing that is unchanged from previous episodes. Listening in on a conversation at the store I overheard a woman explain that Kate does this so bigger ladies can see what the designer coats will look like on their frame.  Crazy

Designers of maternity clothing will a negligible boost in sales from this duchess.
What a pity. She can afford it too.

Here's the most recent larger ladies coat worn as a maternity coat.

The only thing most people do better than anyone else is read their own handwriting.
PruNordstrom

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: December 31, 2017, 12:28:10 AM »

Here's a coat actually designed as a maternity coat which was worn back in 2015. Except now it's looking  a little too snug in the upper torso.

The only thing most people do better than anyone else is read their own handwriting.
PruNordstrom

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: March 03, 2018, 01:39:04 AM »

From the DM, excerpts:
01 Mar 2018
They had their first official engagement together yesterday, and it appears that Kate and Meghan are already planning their outfits around each other.

...[A] Celebrity stylist said it seems the future sisters-in-law are taking it in turns to shine, while the other picks a more low-key or subtle choice that complements the other.

'It seems that they carefully plan their outfits around each other. I feel they are very aware that all eyes are on them, so they take turns to have a stand out moment.

Please notice this under a Kate topic so I am not discussing PH's fiance.

This is the 4th, if not more, article about how Kate is styling her clothes. This last one is a bit too much.

In my observation from this and previous maternity clothing, the only way Kate comes close to 'sending a message' with her clothes is if she wants to be photographed looking pregnant or can't really observed that she's pregnant in a photograph. (The nearer to term she is, she won't be seen in public so these are the last few weeks.)

Wants to look pregnant style: Solid colors, clothes a bit too small in arms and bustline, ties/ribbons to accentuate the waist, shoes with block heels, dark tights and fussy trim on the clothes/coat.

Doesn't want to look pregnant style: Dark colors, fabrics with small geometric patterns, overlapping florals prints, loose style about the waist, looser sleeves, bustline that is not tight, stockings or barelegged in shoes with slim heels.

There is no taking turns to shine. There is only 'how pregnant do I want to look in a photograph.'
The author of the article supposes way too much thought about the duchess choice of clothing.
 IMO.
 Thinking

Vava

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: March 14, 2018, 05:54:55 PM »

I was glad to see the navy coat yesterday at the service for the Commonwealth event.  I think that was a favorite of mine from the previous pregnancy.  The first time she wore it though, I thought the hat and hairstyle were much more chic than the upside down flower pot she had on her head yesterday.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: