Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 85   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kate's jewelry  (Read 404047 times)
Vava

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #1095 on: July 21, 2017, 03:19:52 AM »

Kate is wearing Diana's bracelet.

Good. I'm glad to see her wearing some of Diana's jewelry.

I'm not sure why, but I find it sort of revolting.  There have been several of Diana's jewelry pieces that have emerged recently and it makes me...........gag.
MidnightDiamond

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #1096 on: July 21, 2017, 07:22:21 AM »

I'm sure with Kate and Will being married for 6+ years. That Will got his half of his mothers jewels, probably took all the good stuff, now since time's past.
Felicia

Warned
Small Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #1097 on: July 21, 2017, 12:56:04 PM »

But why should it be an issue? Nearly all the royal jewels  both in this and other royal families are hand-me-downs?

Just by way of example Mary wears Ingrids jewels and will wear Margarethes in due course...Maxima wears Beatrix's

And at least we havent seen Kate wear the actual clothes that others wore yet-which some of the other families do!
Vava

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #1098 on: July 21, 2017, 05:33:48 PM »

For me I guess, I don't like seeing Diana's jewelry on Kate because she just doesn't have the 'presence' to pull it off.  And mostly because there is very little about Kate that I actually like, her personality annoys me.  And I don't like William, either.  But yeah, I know jewelry is handed down in the family.  I just hope some of the really great things end up with Harry.
Talika

Micro Member

Denmark Denmark

Ignore
« Reply #1099 on: July 21, 2017, 08:32:59 PM »

And at least we havent seen Kate wear the actual clothes that others wore yet-which some of the other families do!
I am sure she would love to wear Diana's clothes Wink
Lille

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #1100 on: July 21, 2017, 09:02:16 PM »

I am sure she would love to wear Diana's clothes Wink

... or William would love her to ... Secret
Nuno

Humongous Member

Portugal Portugal

Felipe, Leti: where are you?

Ignore
« Reply #1101 on: July 22, 2017, 12:23:17 AM »

I've said the pearl bracelet looked cheap without knowing it belonged to Diana, but I'm still not loving it...and I love pearls  Smiley

Visit us https://a-minha-vida-afinal-deu-um-blog.webnode.pt

"You can call me Happiness...yes Queen Happiness. It sounds great!" - Queen Letizia, Red Cross 150th Anniversary Wink

"Hey Cristina, I'm the Queen now :D"
Suzy

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #1102 on: July 22, 2017, 12:32:22 AM »

For me I guess, I don't like seeing Diana's jewelry on Kate because she just doesn't have the 'presence' to pull it off.  And mostly because there is very little about Kate that I actually like, her personality annoys me.  And I don't like William, either.  But yeah, I know jewelry is handed down in the family.  I just hope some of the really great things end up with Harry.

Not to mention that Will stated in the engagement interview that he wants Kate to be her own person and not compared to his mother. I would understand wearing a few pieces if there was just Diana's tragic death. But there is also the unhappy marriage, the divorce war and an at times deeply troubled woman who also was quite an icon for many associated with those pieces of jewellery. It would be better to put them in the vault and don't use them for at least one generation to give them a fresh start and not let them turn into a burden especially when the person wearing them has neither the charisma nor the personality to pull them off and make them their own.
MidnightDiamond

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #1103 on: July 22, 2017, 12:41:31 AM »

i think it is fine for her to wear Diana's jewelry so long as William remembers in the will his mother said the jewels will be split 50/50.

I just think she shouldn't have been given the ring, THAT is what symbolized the marriage.
Princess BlueEyes

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #1104 on: July 22, 2017, 01:12:48 AM »

I'm sure with Kate and Will being married for 6+ years. That Will got his half of his mothers jewels, probably took all the good stuff, now since time's past.

Diana's letter of wishes is said to have stated: "But I would like you to allocate all my jewellery to the share to be held by my sons, so that their wives may, in due course, have it or use it. I leave the exact division of the jewellery to your discretion."

I hoping that Diana's jewellry would be available to both William's and Harry's wives.  I envisioned a vault of sorts where both women would have the ability to wear whichever pieces they desired; neither actually laying sole claim to any piece. 

Yes naive, I know. 

MidnightDiamond

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #1105 on: July 22, 2017, 02:37:24 AM »

Diana's letter of wishes is said to have stated: "But I would like you to allocate all my jewellery to the share to be held by my sons, so that their wives may, in due course, have it or use it. I leave the exact division of the jewellery to your discretion."

I hoping that Diana's jewellry would be available to both William's and Harry's wives.  I envisioned a vault of sorts where both women would have the ability to wear whichever pieces they desired; neither actually laying sole claim to any piece. 

Yes naive, I know. 

yea William will take the good stuff or take all of it and leave Harry with the unworn items. I expect to see Kate, since she is wearing themnow, wear the choker and probably the saudi sapphires next since those are the 2 biggest pieces. Harry might get the emerald earrings and bracelet if he is lucky.
Margaret

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #1106 on: July 22, 2017, 02:48:38 AM »

I hoping that Diana's jewellry would be available to both William's and Harry's wives.  I envisioned a vault of sorts where both women would have the ability to wear whichever pieces they desired; neither actually laying sole claim to any piece.  

Yes naive, I know.  

yea William will take the good stuff or take all of it and leave Harry with the unworn items. I expect to see Kate, since she is wearing them now, wear the choker and probably the saudi sapphires next since those are the 2 biggest pieces. Harry might get the emerald earrings and bracelet if he is lucky.

It makes sense for William to snaffle any sapphires since he already laid claim to Big Blue, which sort of guarantees access to the other sapphires.   The emeralds are fine, in fact I prefer them but I love green and much prefer it to blue.  Hopefully whoever Harry marries will not have a particular fondness for blue sapphires.
MidnightDiamond

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #1107 on: July 22, 2017, 02:54:01 AM »

I hoping that Diana's jewellry would be available to both William's and Harry's wives.  I envisioned a vault of sorts where both women would have the ability to wear whichever pieces they desired; neither actually laying sole claim to any piece.  

Yes naive, I know.  

yea William will take the good stuff or take all of it and leave Harry with the unworn items. I expect to see Kate, since she is wearing them now, wear the choker and probably the saudi sapphires next since those are the 2 biggest pieces. Harry might get the emerald earrings and bracelet if he is lucky.

It makes sense for William to snaffle any sapphires since he already laid claim to Big Blue, which sort of guarantees access to the other sapphires.   The emeralds are fine, in fact I prefer them but I love green and much prefer it to blue.  Hopefully whoever Harry marries will not have a particular fondness for blue sapphires.

just because Kate has the blue engagement ring does not give William the right to take all the sapphires, they are Harry's birthstone so Harry has aright as well. I'd prefer if they have someone divide it for them with no say from Will so it will be for sure evenly split. But my expectation is Harry will get the unworn pieces.
Margaret

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #1108 on: July 22, 2017, 04:24:15 AM »

Yes naive, I know.  

just because Kate has the blue engagement ring does not give William the right to take all the sapphires, they are Harry's birthstone so Harry has aright as well. I'd prefer if they have someone divide it for them with no say from Will so it will be for sure evenly split. But my expectation is Harry will get the unworn pieces.

Of course it doesn't give William the right to take all the sapphires, but I reckon he'd use it as a reason why.  They might be Harry's birthstone, but he's not going to be wearing them.   Though that's got me thinking and now I'd like Harry to choose the biggest one and make it into a tie pin for himself. :D   Actually the trustees are supposed to make the division, at their discretion.  I wonder whether they will have the strength to stand up to William and do just that. 
MidnightDiamond

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #1109 on: July 22, 2017, 05:21:08 AM »

Yes naive, I know.  

Of course it doesn't give William the right to take all the sapphires, but I reckon he'd use it as a reason why.  They might be Harry's birthstone, but he's not going to be wearing them.   Though that's got me thinking and now I'd like Harry to choose the biggest one and make it into a tie pin for himself. :D   Actually the trustees are supposed to make the division, at their discretion.  I wonder whether they will have the strength to stand up to William and do just that. 

I'd say Will probably didn't have access to them. Though it seems the jewels have been divided since Kate is wearing pieces now. I'd expect Kate wants the choker.
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 85   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: