Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 85   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kate's jewelry  (Read 404122 times)
Princess BlueEyes

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #1110 on: July 22, 2017, 06:21:59 AM »

I'm sure with Kate and Will being married for 6+ years. That Will got his half of his mothers jewels, probably took all the good stuff, now since time's past.

Diana's letter of wishes is said to have stated: "But I would like you to allocate all my jewellery to the share to be held by my sons, so that their wives may, in due course, have it or use it. I leave the exact division of the jewellery to your discretion."

I hoping that Diana's jewellry would be available to both William's and Harry's wives.  I envisioned a vault of sorts where both women would have the ability to wear whichever pieces they desired; neither actually laying sole claim to any piece.  

Yes naive, I know.  

yea William will take the good stuff or take all of it and leave Harry with the unworn items. I expect to see Kate, since she is wearing them now, wear the choker and probably the saudi sapphires next since those are the 2 biggest pieces. Harry might get the emerald earrings and bracelet if he is lucky.

It makes sense for William to snaffle any sapphires since he already laid claim to Big Blue, which sort of guarantees access to the other sapphires.   The emeralds are fine, in fact I prefer them but I love green and much prefer it to blue.  Hopefully whoever Harry marries will not have a particular fondness for blue sapphires.

just because Kate has the blue engagement ring does not give William the right to take all the sapphires, they are Harry's birthstone so Harry has aright as well. I'd prefer if they have someone divide it for them with no say from Will so it will be for sure evenly split. But my expectation is Harry will get the unworn pieces.

Of course it doesn't give William the right to take all the sapphires, but I reckon he'd use it as a reason why.  They might be Harry's birthstone, but he's not going to be wearing them.   Though that's got me thinking and now I'd like Harry to choose the biggest one and make it into a tie pin for himself. :D   Actually the trustees are supposed to make the division, at their discretion.  I wonder whether they will have the strength to stand up to William and do just that. 

I'd say Will probably didn't have access to them. Though it seems the jewels have been divided since Kate is wearing pieces now. I'd expect Kate wants the choker.

Hmm, well William wanted something closely associated with Diana to "include" her in his marriage, right?    Maybe Harry should claim that gorgeous sapphire choker for his wife for the same reason.   
   Secret    To be honest, I am not sure Kate could pull off that choker.

Vava

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #1111 on: July 22, 2017, 04:59:54 PM »

The choker is very iconic, and my guess is we'll see it on Kate before long.   Sad
Princess BlueEyes

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #1112 on: July 23, 2017, 12:37:53 AM »

The choker is very iconic, and my guess is we'll see it on Kate before long.   Sad

You are most likely correct.   Sad   

There is the gorgeous sapphire and diamond jewels from the Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia as her wedding present. 

Princess BlueEyes

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #1113 on: July 23, 2017, 04:41:59 AM »

While this might not be the right one (since this setting is very classic - think Albert's sapphire brooch that the Queen wears) but I found this on the G.Collins & Sons website

Ruby and Diamond Cluster Pendant
18ct White Gold setting
0.54ct Ruby - Total weight of Diamonds 0.16ct
1,525 ($1990.57)

Did not see any earrings that looked similar nor any similar ring either.

Daily Mail stated: "GH Collins & Sons necklace (1,525) and earrings (1,880): 3,400"

While the prices match, I don't think this is the correct necklace.  Kate's has four yellow gold prongs on the ruby.

The only ruby earrings on their site do not match either - except for the price the Daily Mail used in their estimated cost of the trip.
Kate's earring appear to be ruby with yellow gold bezel setting with the diamond halo is in white gold.

No mention of the ring in the Daily Mail and the G. Collins website has nothing similar.
The ring appears to be a white gold band set with diamonds (6 per side?) and the ruby appears to be a four prong yellow gold setting.

To me these do not look like a set as all the settings are differnt. They appear to be separate pieces that Kate wore together. 

Maybe these are pieces Kate had or pieces that were Diana's or a mix of both.  Unless the palace comments, we will likely never know.

emtishell

Large Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #1114 on: July 23, 2017, 05:01:20 AM »

I still think the stones look very pink for rubies.

Does anyone else think the chain with the pendant looks like the cheap "display chain" you generally get when you buy a pendant? I don't like the earrings at all (the double halo is  Dead) but the ring and pendant are very pretty - but they don't match at all!
HarryFan071

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #1115 on: July 23, 2017, 06:45:15 AM »

I know supposedly by RF protocol, that royal ladies are supposed to keep their fingernails a nude shade or no polish at all (true or not, who knows???), but I hate Kate's fingernails. The whites of her nails always look dingy yellow, like someone who holds a cigarette all the time. She also has not so feminine hands ala Mosh, so I think a longer nail would suit her finger shape vs. the straight across and very short shape, which just makes her hands look mannish and her fingers stumpy. JMO.

What ever happened to this jewelry set that she wore right after she got married? I think we've only seen it once, correct?

Is this the set you were referring to Princess BlueEyes as the set from the Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia?
MidnightDiamond

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #1116 on: July 23, 2017, 06:50:48 AM »

I know supposedly by RF protocol, that royal ladies are supposed to keep their fingernails a nude shade or no polish at all (true or not, who knows???), but I hate Kate's fingernails. The whites of her nails always look dingy yellow, like someone who holds a cigarette all the time. She also has not so feminine hands ala Mosh, so I think a longer nail would suit her finger shape vs. the straight across and very short shape, which just makes her hands look mannish and her fingers stumpy. JMO.

What ever happened to this jewelry set that she wore right after she got married? I think we've only seen it once, correct?

Is this the set you were referring to Princess BlueEyes as the set from the Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia?

The only info we got was that is was a wedding present from a family friend.
Princess BlueEyes

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #1117 on: July 23, 2017, 06:58:31 AM »

No.  The set I was referring to was a Sapphire and Diamond parure that she received as a wedding gift from the Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia. The set contained a sapphire and diamond pendant suspended on a diamond tennis necklace, matching earrings, matching ring, a bracelet and a watch.  

This is the necklace and the earrings:

emtishell

Large Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #1118 on: July 23, 2017, 08:33:15 AM »

The only info we got was that is was a wedding present from a family friend.

I love this idea of jewellery for wedding gifts..... all we got was toasters, kettles and ugly homewares!! I could have done with some diamonds!!!  Laughing
HarryFan071

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #1119 on: July 23, 2017, 09:42:32 AM »

No.  The set I was referring to was a Sapphire and Diamond parure that she received as a wedding gift from the Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia. The set contained a sapphire and diamond pendant suspended on a diamond tennis necklace, matching earrings, matching ring, a bracelet and a watch.  

This is the necklace and the earrings:

Oh sorry, for some reason I read that as Kate received those pieces as a wedding present, not Diana. So my mind went right to the first piece of big bling we saw her wear.  Blush
Michelle0187

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #1120 on: July 24, 2017, 03:06:50 PM »

I read somewhere that kate said William doesn't like her to paint her nails.
Duchess of Verona

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #1121 on: July 25, 2017, 02:56:53 PM »

I love this necklace.
Suzerain
Banned
Warned
Humongous Member

Heard Island and McDonald Islands Heard Island and McDonald Islands

Did you know some snakes have retractable fangs?

Ignore
« Reply #1122 on: July 25, 2017, 04:44:13 PM »

I hate it when a husband doesn't like something and that stops the wife from doing what she would like to do, in this case wear nail polish. What about what Kate doesn't like? Suppose she didn't like bald men? I never saw him doing a course of Rogaine to please her. Just saying.  Roll Eyes

I don't blame Kate for not wearing that necklace. Where did it come from? I think it is too cutesy in a "baby's first diamond necklace designed by Disney" sort of way. I would love to see everything she got as a wedding present in jewellery. And I agree with you emtishell, I would have loved to have received complete parures when I got married. Instead, bunch of cake shovels and dinnerware. Where are all the sheiks and sultans with their surplus bling when you need them?! 

MidnightDiamond

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #1123 on: July 25, 2017, 08:43:23 PM »

I hate it when a husband doesn't like something and that stops the wife from doing what she would like to do, in this case wear nail polish. What about what Kate doesn't like? Suppose she didn't like bald men? I never saw him doing a course of Rogaine to please her. Just saying.  Roll Eyes

I don't blame Kate for not wearing that necklace. Where did it come from? I think it is too cutesy in a "baby's first diamond necklace designed by Disney" sort of way. I would love to see everything she got as a wedding present in jewellery. And I agree with you emtishell, I would have loved to have received complete parures when I got married. Instead, bunch of cake shovels and dinnerware. Where are all the sheiks and sultans with their surplus bling when you need them?! 

That was a lie though, Kate had worn nail polish a lot in the past, she just needs to lie over stupid stuff. She wore nail polish the first year, she usually wore clear and now she is wearing red on her toes again..
Kate is believed to have gotten the large emeralds as a wedding present.
Olya

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #1124 on: July 25, 2017, 08:51:26 PM »

That was a lie though, Kate had worn nail polish a lot in the past, she just needs to lie over stupid stuff. She wore nail polish the first year, she usually wore clear and now she is wearing red on her toes again..
Kate is believed to have gotten the large emeralds as a wedding present.

Kate lies indeed pathologically about many silly things, were no lying is needed. She's a special case.

Which large emeralds do you mean?
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 85   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: