Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kate's jewelry  (Read 336173 times)
Lady Willoughby

Warned
Huge Member

United States United States

Circa Regna Tonat

Ignore
« Reply #1170 on: March 11, 2019, 06:14:26 PM »

Oooooooh. Hello. Kate in proper non-Kiki earrings shock?

You say “non-Kiki” and I am an immediate fan, lol!

Those earrings remind me of (upside down) pineapples by the way

Lol! I see an upside down bunch of grapes!

Or perhaps upside down strawberries or raspberries Wink

I was think upside down blackberries.

Kate's ear fruit looks lovely. I'd like to know the provenance. I would think new, or a recent gift/lend from a higher up in the BFR.  If she picked them out herself her taste is improving by leaps and bounds.  Thumb up

I’d love to find that out too!

anastasia beaverhausen

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #1171 on: March 11, 2019, 09:00:34 PM »

They almost look like they could be the base for detachable drops of some sort. Anyway, I really like them.
Oh_Caroline

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #1172 on: March 11, 2019, 09:11:36 PM »

They almost look like they could be the base for detachable drops of some sort. Anyway, I really like them.

Now that you mention it they do remind me about MM's pendant earrings.  With a long version and some detachable drops these would make the perfect versatile evening/formal earrings.  Less is more when the less is stunning pieces.

https://royalwatcherblog....-marits-pendant-earrings/
Lady Liebe

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #1173 on: March 12, 2019, 02:33:43 AM »

This comes from Her Majesty's Jewel Vault today:

http://queensjewelvault.blogspot.com

A fascinating pair of new-to-us diamond earrings. I've had lots of questions already if they're loans from The Queen; if they are, they're nothing known to me. They also have significant differences from the tops of the diamond and pearl earrings the late Diana, Princess of Wales received as a wedding gift from the Emir of Qatar, another comparison I've seen made.
Princess MS

Warned
Big Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #1174 on: March 12, 2019, 03:33:25 AM »

A fascinating pair of new-to-us diamond earrings. I've had lots of questions already if they're loans from The Queen; if they are, they're nothing known to me. They also have significant differences from the tops of the diamond and pearl earrings the late Diana, Princess of Wales received as a wedding gift from the Emir of Qatar, another comparison I've seen made.

Great to see Kate in the diamond earrings and not one of the many Kiki sets. I'm off to check some Royal Jewel sites to see if I can find out more
MarieQueenie

Warned
Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #1175 on: March 13, 2019, 04:46:10 AM »

I think it's yellow amber, and thus a present she's wearing.

Admittedly, there are nicer and more modern settings for amber jewellery ... this one is, well, suited for 75+ year old ladies.

But I do sincerely hope that she hasn't chosen that set herself and is only trying to be nice.
I don't think it's a gift from Poland. It would be silver and amber, not gold. They have silver mines, and a lot of beautiful silver modern jewelry, but not gold.
These necklace with granny vibes is not a welcome gift IMO. I even doubt it's amber, but it's hard to see on this pic. It could be any other jello, sand, like brown stone, like a jasper.
MarieQueenie

Warned
Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #1176 on: March 13, 2019, 05:03:14 AM »

It looks like KiKi. But also her mother wore it to her wedding reception.

It's strange to say, but I think Carole looks way better than Kate, at least in this pic!

It's not strange, Carle is prettier that Kate, and it's a hard working active woman. Kate benefits from her mom aura, charisma and hard work. I read an interview about Carole and she said she built her mini empire working non stop, never sitting dor a minute. I'll try to fond it. her first interview ever, as she remained quiet and discret since Kate started to date William. I think thta William, who ost his mother was happy to see this very active and pretty/slim mother and found another well balanced home.
MarieQueenie

Warned
Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #1177 on: March 13, 2019, 05:11:49 AM »

Some people put strings on the earrings to tie to their hair to keep the weight off, Mary does that but it seems Kate doesn't.

interesting, do you an event she's done that. I've never seen it....just curious.

I want to see this too! Victoria sure doesn't and it looks painful - and scary at times!  Yikes

I'm afraid some of her heavy earrings will some day slice right through those earlobes!  Nerves

Me too ! The hait pin and the earrings are very pretty but the earrings, because of their weight, should be transformed into clips. Vic looks very good here !
MarieQueenie

Warned
Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #1178 on: March 13, 2019, 05:19:07 AM »

She wore a new pair of emerald and diamond chandelier earrings yesterday evening.

Black...again? Or was it a black tie do? Surely it would have been important for her to wear bright colours so all those billionaires could see what they were paying for 
Is this the green dress she wore when she was pregnant ? It looks the same but darker.
getafix
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #1179 on: March 13, 2019, 05:59:52 AM »

It's strange to say, but I think Carole looks way better than Kate, at least in this pic!
[/quote]

that's because Carole looks young, and kate looks old  Crazy

G Smiley

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
karma chamelion

Large Member

Harry 'Hotspur' Percy

Ignore
« Reply #1180 on: March 13, 2019, 08:10:48 AM »

Great to see Kate in the diamond earrings and not one of the many Kiki sets. I'm off to check some Royal Jewel sites to see if I can find out more

Princess MS, did you have any luck with the search? Definitely not any of her late m-i-l's earrings that I recall, and I don't remember seeing anything similar worn by any other Windsor women. Honestly, I kind of imagine the family having a lot of diamond earrings that aren't worn often enough to be well known, so maybe she found these in the corner of a jewelry box somewhere?

"The pen is mightier than the sword" - Edward Bulwer-Lytton
MarieQueenie

Warned
Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #1181 on: March 14, 2019, 12:17:34 AM »

that's because Carole looks young, and kate looks old  Crazy

G Smiley
[/quote]

I totally agree, Kate is old, screams "victorian mother raising kids at home and bored". Carole is active, alive, modern.  Star for you, getafix
Princess BlueEyes

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #1182 on: March 14, 2019, 01:41:47 AM »

Kate's ear fruit looks lovely. I'd like to know the provenance. I would think new, or a recent gift/lend from a higher up in the BFR.  If she picked them out herself her taste is improving by leaps and bounds.  Thumb up

Thinking  I think they look like an older creation, ie brought out of the royal vault.   They look like the top half of what my gram called "day to night earrings."   Wear the top half for day events and add the drop or dangle for evening events.

If they were Diana's, she likely never wore them or we would have an identification. I think the same holds true for if the Queen had worn them.

Of course, I could be way out in left field wandering around by my lonesome.

Lady Liebe

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #1183 on: March 14, 2019, 02:06:28 AM »

Thinking  I think they look like an older creation, ie brought out of the royal vault.   They look like the top half of what my gram called "day to night earrings."   Wear the top half for day events and add the drop or dangle for evening events.

If they were Diana's, she likely never wore them or we would have an identification. I think the same holds true for if the Queen had worn them.

Of course, I could be way out in left field wandering around by my lonesome.

I checked around on a few sites today - no one seems to have any idea where they came from. Who knows what lurks in the deep dark recess' of HM's jewel vault. But I'd love to know.
MarieQueenie

Warned
Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #1184 on: March 14, 2019, 03:28:01 AM »

Kates's earrings : https://katemiddletonstyle.org/item_type/earrings/

https://whatkatewore.com/...likates/jewelry/earrings/
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: