Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 85   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kate's jewelry  (Read 403429 times)
luvcharles

Warned
Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #285 on: October 23, 2014, 09:28:18 PM »

The Brits only do tiara events a couple of times a year - State Visits, the State Opening of Parliament, the Diplomatic Corps Reception. We don't see a lot of photos of these events anyway. Of these the only event Kate has attended so far was last year's Diplomatic Corps Reception and she did have a tiara for that event.

I have heard that they wear tiaras for the Christmas Eve dinner at Sandringham - which is totally private of course - so maybe one of the granddaughters wear that tiara then or maybe Kate wears it.

Kate wears nice, understated jewellery but she does need to do something with that mess on her head so that she a) looks neat, tidy and clean and b) so that we can see the jewellery. Insulting to the designers to hide it away so that it isn't on show IMO.
Suzerain
Banned
Warned
Humongous Member

Heard Island and McDonald Islands Heard Island and McDonald Islands

Did you know some snakes have retractable fangs?

Ignore
« Reply #286 on: October 23, 2014, 09:51:19 PM »

The necklace is now online-- costs $3340

http://www.monicavinader....op%2Fin-collection%2Friva

$3340 for THAT?!?! What an ugly necklace. And no mention of the quality of the diamonds. She has such a bad taste. You can wear understated jewelry but then make sure it is classy and stylish and not something that costs a fortune and is not good quality.

Sorry, I'm a bit passionate about jewelry. I would never wear something overpriced and of bad quality just because it's by some designer. Instead, I opt for good quality stuff that is not too strange-looking and I pay according to the material and workmanship.

I just don't see anything to defend about Kate's style. She's boring.

NAOTMAA

Medium Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #287 on: October 23, 2014, 10:16:05 PM »

I think Kate has proven on multiple occasions that when it comes to jewels or clothes name comes first and quality comes a distant second  No
LDJJ

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #288 on: October 24, 2014, 12:02:24 PM »

I think Kate has proven on multiple occasions that when it comes to jewels or clothes name comes first and quality comes a distant second  No

You forgot taste.  In a lot of instances taste has taken a distant third.
Suzy

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #289 on: October 25, 2014, 11:11:10 PM »

Seems like Will never gave her that eternity band the sugars said she got as push present. Apparently she bought it as a gift for herself.
http://stylenews.peoplest...lry-designer-reveals-all/
Kate has been photographed in the 18ct yellow, gold and white pearl drops [295] so many times, Ducas has lost count and all of the pieces Kate owns (three in total another pair of pearl drop hoops and a diamond eternity ring) are believed to have been purchased as gifts for herself.

Well, now I understand why I am jealous that I'm not Princess Kate. Who wouldn't want to live such an enchanted life where your husband is so cheap he didn't even buy you an engagement ring or a nice present for giving birth to your first child and he also treats you like dirt.   Halo
Lady G

Large Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #290 on: October 25, 2014, 11:35:26 PM »

Seems like Will never gave her that eternity band the sugars said she got as push present. Apparently she bought it as a gift for herself.
Kate has been photographed in the 18ct yellow, gold and white pearl drops [295] so many times, Ducas has lost count and all of the pieces Kate owns (three in total another pair of pearl drop hoops and a diamond eternity ring) are believed to have been purchased as gifts for herself.

Well, now I understand why I am jealous that I'm not Princess Kate. Who wouldn't want to live such an enchanted life where your husband is so cheap he didn't even buy you an engagement ring or a nice present for giving birth to your first child and he also treats you like dirt.   Halo

FGS, we don't know that he didn't buy her something - just because it wasn't leaked to the media  Roll Eyes

"Cowards falter, but danger is often overcome by those who nobly dare."
Sister Monica Joan

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #291 on: October 26, 2014, 01:26:09 AM »

...he didn't buy her wedding ring either!  Blush
Suzy

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #292 on: October 26, 2014, 01:31:36 AM »

FGS, we don't know that he didn't buy her something - just because it wasn't leaked to the media  Roll Eyes

As well as we don't know that he bought her something.  Lolipop But we do know the engagement ring wasn't bought by him and according to that designer the eternity band wasn't also (as well as the necklace from Pippa, the necklace with the stars and several pieces she wore during the royal tours). Judging by the few pieces she wears there is not much left that could come from him. And I think Kate would be so happy/proud she would mention it if something was a special gift from Will.
Lexy

Warned
Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #293 on: October 26, 2014, 06:37:07 AM »

Hahahahahaha and the sugars were foaming at the mouth about that stupid ring saying how romantic William was for giving it to her. Then there was that necklace with George's intials that they also said was from William but really it was a freebie from pippa.

So now all that's left that they claim is a push present is the Cartier watch, I'm guessing either her parents or she bought them for herself.

How sad she probably thought she would be swimming in the queens vault by now.
nihonbutterfly

Muted
Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #294 on: October 26, 2014, 07:50:48 AM »

she had her chance to do that:

quote: How sad she probably thought she would be swimming in the queens vault by now.

cordtx

Warned
Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #295 on: October 26, 2014, 08:13:30 AM »

I don't know if Kate's jewelry is on the "dull" side because she wants to keep the jewels low key. I have the feeling that she is absolutely dying to get her hands on some of the queen's jewels. She'd probably wear a tiara in the shower if she could get her hands on one. Obviously, the queen, who despite the fact that she "adores" Kate, is not coughing up the good stuff!

I don't think so. Mrs. Thriftyjewel got the adorable Nizam of Hyderabad Necklace once, which is 500 grams of pure diamonds - and has hidden it with her sausage curls. She did not even bother to tie the hair back a bit, not to mention a full updo, which would have been more than appropriate to showcase this piece.

So if I were the Queen and would have seen THAT, I would not give her another piece to ruin for a very long time.

Exactly! This is what the queen thought about Waity the last time she lent her the big bling...she won't be lending anything else nice any time soon (I hope)! Put your GD hair up! You look idiotic.

Ladies and Gentlemen,
An 80ish year old woman with a grumpy look on her face has more gravitas and beauty than Kate. The "Princess" has no idea how to wear jewelry or look elegant
OrangeBanana

Large Member

Christmas Island Christmas Island

Ignore
« Reply #296 on: October 26, 2014, 08:29:27 AM »

Hey - that's not a fair comparison; Brenda is a relic.  Give our dear prematurely-aging waitybot 60+ years to learn and adjust - Look out world of 2074!

cordtx

Warned
Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #297 on: October 26, 2014, 08:32:52 AM »

OB ^,  Supercontent

I'm really tired, but I know we both could pull up pics of her at 15+ looking better than the Carriage.
Herazeus
Banned
Banned
Medium Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #298 on: October 26, 2014, 10:08:21 AM »

I'm genuinely bummed that he didn't buy the eternity ring. I thought for once he'd disproved his tightwad reputation and done something uncharacteristically romantic to boot. Lord knows he's treated her badly over the past decade....

On a different note, I tend to like her jewellery. It's the only thing that remains 'down to earth' although the prices contradict.
Martina91

Gigantic Member

Italy Italy

Princess Gabriella rules the world!

Ignore
« Reply #299 on: October 26, 2014, 01:58:57 PM »

Most of the times she spoils and hides the jewels so I can't really appreciate the pieces...The only ones that I was able to see clearly were the Tiffany earrings and necklace from the egagement interview...

Princess Gabriella doesn't have time for Monaco's outdated succession law!
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 85   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: