Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 85   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kate's jewelry  (Read 403426 times)
DuchessofWaiting

Large Member

Australia Australia

Her Majesty, Queen Bananas & Her Consort, Handbag

Ignore
« Reply #330 on: December 23, 2014, 01:07:07 AM »

The earrings Waity wore the first night in NYC to the dinner in Gramercy Park are by Kenneth Lane, and surprisingly, they're not diamonds. Still not access to the vault, I guess. They'll be $175 and available to order in six weeks. They're pretty earrings. I wouldn't have worn them with that dress, but pretty nonetheless.

"Can you see, my love?"
"Awww."
Lexy

Warned
Huge Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #331 on: December 23, 2014, 01:36:00 AM »

is NYC the first "tour" that Kate doesn't get anything borrowed from the Queen?
PruNordstrom

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #332 on: December 23, 2014, 05:22:01 AM »

^
It appears that way. She wasn't repping the Queen on this trip as she was on the Canada, SE Asia and Oz trip. No? So, none of Gran's jewelry was offered or worn.

The only thing most people do better than anyone else is read their own handwriting.
Spacetime tells matter how to move; matter tells spacetime how to curve. ~JWheeler
LDJJ

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #333 on: December 31, 2014, 07:43:50 PM »

One of Kate's favorite jewelry designers is getting an MBE

http://www.dailymail.co.u...MBE-services-fashion.html
Princess BlueEyes

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #334 on: December 31, 2014, 10:33:44 PM »

I do not understand how Kate can spend so much money on clothes and buy such bland and costume jewelry.  Huh?  Makes no sense to me.
Real jewelry is never a waste of money and in her case it will be years before she gets anything from the vault.
Also since it will be George (and his wife) who get the royal jewels, her second child, and third if she has more, whether a boy or girl, will mostly likely get any personal jewelry that belonged to Kate. As of now, it seems most of her jewelry is nondescript. MIght be pieces that children keep for sentimental reasons but not a lot because it is striking or beautiful.

MidnightDiamond

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #335 on: March 10, 2015, 10:26:35 AM »

Apparently 2 of the same design is not enough for Kate. I got it from "My Small Obsessions" Facebook page. New KiKi earrings. Morganite.

Herazeus
Banned
Banned
Medium Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #336 on: March 10, 2015, 11:06:16 AM »

Apparently 2 of the same design is not enough for Kate. I got it from "My Small Obsessions" Facebook page. New KiKi earrings. Morganite.

To be fair, the drops come separately. She could have bought several pairs of different drops which she swops out as needed. The drops aren't particularly expensive, it's the hoops that are expensive. It's a rather ingenius way of appearing to have lots of different earrings when all you have is one set of hoops and multiple pairs of drops.
MidnightDiamond

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #337 on: March 10, 2015, 11:39:02 AM »

Yea but it is so boring she could have worn the green amethyst ones they are light enough.
Herazeus
Banned
Banned
Medium Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #338 on: March 10, 2015, 11:40:38 AM »

Yea but it is so boring she could have worn the green amethyst ones they are light enough.

She also has pearl drops.

Let's face it, the woman IS boring.
LDJJ

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #339 on: March 10, 2015, 12:16:03 PM »

She also has pearl drops.

Let's face it, the woman IS boring.

She also seems to have a severe lack of imagination.
MidnightDiamond

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #340 on: March 10, 2015, 01:48:48 PM »

She should tell the crown jewelers to design her something instead of buying KiKi's she has too much! Use your resources woman!

Look(Pics from "My Small Obsessions" Facebook):

1. Green Amethyst w/ yellow gold hoops(Christmas '11 gift from Willnot)

2. Citrine Cushion drops(1st of the same design; only worn ONCE)

3. ANOTHER Green Amethyst drops(2nd of same design)

4. Morganite drops w/ white gold hoops(3rd of the same design)

5. Annoushka Pearls(They just look costumey)
Cyllene

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #341 on: March 10, 2015, 04:12:11 PM »

She should tell the crown jewelers to design her something instead of buying KiKi's she has too much! Use your resources woman!

I think the detachable drops are a neat idea but Kiki's prices are "designer" outrageous. Green amethyst and citrine, two of the cheapest gems, each for 800 pounds (1200 dollars)? She could go to an estate sale or antique shop and pick out unique designs with these gems for about the same price...
Tatini

Gigantic Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #342 on: March 10, 2015, 04:19:24 PM »

I can't understand this woman. She has such conservative taste in jewelry (neither a virtue nor a fault, imo) and yet she often wears inappropriate clothes and ends up flashing her butt at the first gust of wind...
La Reina

Mini Member

India India

Ignore
« Reply #343 on: March 10, 2015, 06:08:35 PM »

To be fair, the drops come separately. She could have bought several pairs of different drops which she swops out as needed. The drops aren't particularly expensive, it's the hoops that are expensive. It's a rather ingenius way of appearing to have lots of different earrings when all you have is one set of hoops and multiple pairs of drops.

actually herazeus its the drops that are expensive not the hoops.
the hoop sells for 500 pounds and the citrine and amethyst drops sell for 800 pounds
i'm sure that the morganite drops cost more than 800 pounds since it is a more expensive stone than citrine or amethyst. she has very expensive but same looking jewellery.

@MidnightDiamond - good work finding the earrings Thumb up i personally think that kate is simply not very interested in jewellery. i have said this before but kate and Queen Rania have very similar taste in jewells, they both wear very expensive but very tiny designer jewellery from big brands. i don't think her lack of larger jewels is due to money reasons or her background (as she might not be used to seeing people decked out jewells)  . Afterall Queen Letizia who is also from middle class background and has financial constraints has managed to gather a decent collection of earrings and bracelets(and all of it before she became Queen).Queen Maxima also similar background and Loves wearing jewelley both from the vault and her personal jewells as well. Rania is also from a middle class background and has lots of money yet she wears very small but very expensive jewellery so when it comes to Rania and Kate i believe the small pieces is just their taste in jewellery.
Princess BlueEyes

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #344 on: March 10, 2015, 06:11:32 PM »

I think the detachable drops are a neat idea but Kiki's prices are "designer" outrageous. Green amethyst and citrine, two of the cheapest gems, each for 800 pounds (1200 dollars)? She could go to an estate sale or antique shop and pick out unique designs with these gems for about the same price...

Oh thank you! I just do not understand her thought processes with her jewellry.   Roll Eyes  

There are some amazing and unique pieces out there that would not cost any more than what she spends now.  We know she has no problem with antiques so maybe she has a problem with unique jewellry pieces because that would show personality?

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 85   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: