Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 85   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kate's jewelry  (Read 403427 times)
Suzerain
Banned
Warned
Humongous Member

Heard Island and McDonald Islands Heard Island and McDonald Islands

Did you know some snakes have retractable fangs?

Ignore
« Reply #345 on: March 10, 2015, 07:08:06 PM »

Based on what I know about jewellery, she's mostly paying too much for her jewellery pieces. I find it silly to be buying overpriced designer stuff when you can get more beautiful jewellery by some relatively unknown designer that is made with better quality and from good materials. If I look at her citrine earrings for example, that's not the price I'd pay for citrines and diamonds of that size set in 18 ct gold (I'd love to know the weight of the materials and the clarity of the diamonds). However, like most people uninterested about these things, she is willing to pay extra for the name "Kiki McDonough" (which I've never heard before). Her jewellery purchases do not make her seem thrifty, just a moron without knowledge. It is clear that William is clueless as well. A few classic pieces would go a long way but instead, she keeps buying this and that.

Lady Willoughby

Warned
Gigantic Member

United States United States

Circa Regna Tonat

Ignore
« Reply #346 on: March 10, 2015, 07:16:44 PM »

Based on what I know about jewellery, she's mostly paying too much for her jewellery pieces. I find it silly to be buying overpriced designer stuff when you can get more beautiful jewellery by some relatively unknown designer that is made with better quality and from good materials. If I look at her citrine earrings for example, that's not the price I'd pay for citrines and diamonds of that size set in 18 ct gold (I'd love to know the weight of the materials and the clarity of the diamonds). However, like most people uninterested about these things, she is willing to pay extra for the name "Kiki McDonough" (which I've never heard before). Her jewellery purchases do not make her seem thrifty, just a moron without knowledge. It is clear that William is clueless as well. A few classic pieces would go a long way but instead, she keeps buying this and that.

Star Suzerain and I would also add my vote of disgust for that outrageously priced silver charm necklace she has. I forget who exactly it's by.

Suzerain
Banned
Warned
Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #347 on: March 10, 2015, 07:23:47 PM »

Star Suzerain and I would also add my vote of disgust for that outrageously priced silver charm necklace she has. I forget who exactly it's by.

Thanks!  Hug  Star to you as well!

I haven't seen one necklace on her I'd like. Well, maybe the one she loaned from Granny Queen but she ruined that one too and made it look like costume jewellery.

I also hate this, I don't care who gave it to her:

Dead A dog tag to remind her she's royal...?  Crap

LDJJ

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #348 on: March 10, 2015, 07:30:14 PM »

Thanks!  Hug  Star to you as well!

I haven't seen one necklace on her I'd like. Well, maybe the one she loaned from Granny Queen but she ruined that one too and made it look like costume jewellery.

Dead A dog tag to remind her she's royal...?  Crap

Well someone has to remind her, she's so intent on dragging it all down to the Middletons.  Whistle  Maybe she gave it to Carole who wears it secretly around the house with her tiara.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 07:40:00 PM by LDJJ » Logged
Lady Willoughby

Warned
Gigantic Member

Circa Regna Tonat

Ignore
« Reply #349 on: March 10, 2015, 07:36:59 PM »

Thanks!  Hug  Star to you as well!

Dead A dog tag to remind her she's royal...?  Crap

A hollow symbol and reminder of the gift giver, whom she now can't stand? Does anyone recall the last time she was seen wearing it publically?

Suzerain
Banned
Warned
Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #350 on: March 10, 2015, 07:42:43 PM »

A hollow symbol and reminder of the gift giver, whom she now can't stand? Does anyone recall the last time she was seen wearing it publically?

Oh lookie, I guessed it right... It was a gift from Camilla...

http://www.dailymail.co.u...elet-present-Camilla.html

I wonder when she stopped wearing it too.  Thinking

Kate is a weird creature. Usually jewellery makes a woman glow and emphasizes her beauty but in her case, jewellery just gets sucked in like wellies into quicksand having no effect on her. No wonder granny is not loaning her stuff very often.

Cyllene

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #351 on: March 10, 2015, 09:00:31 PM »

Well someone has to remind her, she's so intent on dragging it all down to the Middletons.  Whistle  Maybe she gave it to Carole who wears it secretly around the house with her tiara.

Laugh bounce Good thing Carole had the foresight to share their initials! Maybe that's why my mom and I both have names starting with Ls?  Huh? I'd better get to work.

I think at one point she mentioned adding charms to a bracelet? I don't know if she meant this one. But somewhere a more astute poster/commenter than I noted that Kate wore this all the time during the first year of her marriage but hasn't since. She also hasn't done many more events with other members of the royal family sans William, though she did some with Chuck and Cam, the Queen, etc early on. Maybe Carole got jealous of the new family?

I'm interested in these outrageously priced necklaces. I'm sure they're sterling silver but have a pretty brand name stamped on somewhere!
esther angeline

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #352 on: March 10, 2015, 10:44:23 PM »

I am surprised that she does not wear this charm bracelet as SWMNBN also had one and wore it alot in public.  Prince Charles used to add charms to it.  It would be one more way she could channel/copy cat you know who.
Winnifred
Banned
Banned
Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #353 on: March 11, 2015, 12:52:15 AM »

Oh lookie, I guessed it right... It was a gift from Camilla...

http://www.dailymail.co.u...elet-present-Camilla.html

I wonder when she stopped wearing it too.  Thinking

Kate is a weird creature. Usually jewellery makes a woman glow and emphasizes her beauty but in her case, jewellery just gets sucked in like wellies into quicksand having no effect on her. No wonder granny is not loaning her stuff very often.

Taking photos from the most recent "family" engagement, where multiple members of the Royal Family were present (Commonwealth), there is a striking difference between the way the Queen and Camilla wear jewelry from the way that Kate does. Jewelry is designed to frame the face, and from neck upwards both the Queen and Camilla look regal and rather lovely. Kate, on the other hand, just looks boring. There is nothing around her face except for her hair and THAT is becoming a nuisance of an accessory. She needs to go bigger with her neck-area pieces, stop trying to match eat outfit to the colour of the stone and for God's sake PULL THAT DAMN HAIR BACK. And I mean ALL the way back, no more of this half-up, half-down rubbish.

MidnightDiamond

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #354 on: March 11, 2015, 07:41:02 AM »

Apparently 2 of the same design is not enough for Kate. I got it from "My Small Obsessions" Facebook page. New KiKi earrings. Morganite.

To be fair, the drops come separately. She could have bought several pairs of different drops which she swops out as needed. The drops aren't particularly expensive, it's the hoops that are expensive. It's a rather ingenius way of appearing to have lots of different earrings when all you have is one set of hoops and multiple pairs of drops.

actually herazeus its the drops that are expensive not the hoops.
the hoop sells for 500 pounds and the citrine and amethyst drops sell for 800 pounds
i'm sure that the morganite drops cost more than 800 pounds since it is a more expensive stone than citrine or amethyst. she has very expensive but same looking jewellery.

@MidnightDiamond - good work finding the earrings Thumb up i personally think that kate is simply not very interested in jewellery. i have said this before but kate and Queen Rania have very similar taste in jewells, they both wear very expensive but very tiny designer jewellery from big brands. i don't think her lack of larger jewels is due to money reasons or her background (as she might not be used to seeing people decked out jewells)  . Afterall Queen Letizia who is also from middle class background and has financial constraints has managed to gather a decent collection of earrings and bracelets(and all of it before she became Queen).Queen Maxima also similar background and Loves wearing jewelley both from the vault and her personal jewells as well. Rania is also from a middle class background and has lots of money yet she wears very small but very expensive jewellery so when it comes to Rania and Kate i believe the small pieces is just their taste in jewellery.

I have to give credit to Anna she figured it out. https://www.facebook.com/...bsessions/132426196846254
MidnightDiamond

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #355 on: March 11, 2015, 01:29:04 PM »

I wonder what she is going to get herself as a push present this time another eternity band?  Spiteful
Cyllene

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #356 on: March 11, 2015, 05:34:35 PM »

I wonder what she is going to get herself as a push present this time another eternity band?  Spiteful

Ugh, I don't even get the eternity band. On the same finger as her wedding band and Big Blue, what's the point of extra diamonds? Maybe William will get her another "Celtic Brooch" that looks like it's made of tin.
PruNordstrom

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #357 on: March 11, 2015, 05:38:43 PM »

I wonder what she is going to get herself as a push present this time another eternity band?  Spiteful

A tiara?  Wink

The only thing most people do better than anyone else is read their own handwriting.
Spacetime tells matter how to move; matter tells spacetime how to curve. ~JWheeler
La Reina

Mini Member

India India

Ignore
« Reply #358 on: March 13, 2015, 01:33:58 PM »

kate has a new sapphire pendant and earrings

i also read on the court jeweller that these morganite earrings coat 3,400 pounds Crazy
Suzerain
Banned
Warned
Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #359 on: March 13, 2015, 03:17:14 PM »

I wonder what's the occasion for these. Another boy?

Or they want her to have her own jewellery and stop changing SWMNBN's jewellery.

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 85   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: