Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 76   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kate's jewelry  (Read 252848 times)
Kaiserin

Big Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #960 on: April 10, 2017, 08:46:24 PM »

You are totally right, Pru.
If I were her (and my hair is her length), I would wear a real UP-DO, not that grandmotherly low bun with my tiara.
Her problem is that she can't wear sth like this style here

as we would see where the extensions are clipped in on the back of her head.

Although this style, with her dark hair color, would even display tiny Halo Scroll in a wow-way.
And whatever earrings she would wear, they would stand out with such a style.
Princess BlueEyes

Warned
Gigantic Member

New money SHOUTS -> -> old money whispers

Ignore
« Reply #961 on: April 10, 2017, 09:09:02 PM »

I was trying to remember how many tiaras Kate has worn...and I realized that for several of her tiara events she has worn the same dress and earrings...has this been discussed already and I just missed the conversation? I canNOT believe how little imagination she has. WTF  Crazy   Blink 

So, there was the wedding tiara, the Halo Scroll:

Then the Cambridge Lover's Knot tiara with this red dress and earrings:

dress:

tiara with earrings:

And this dress and same earrings:

dress:

tiara with earrings:

...And then! The Lotus Flower/Papyrus tiara...with the EXACT SAME red dress and earrings:

dress:

tiara with earrings:

Annnnnd, with the SAME ice blue dress and earrings:

dress:

tiara with earrings:

Seriously, woman has NO dress sense/style/pizazz/creativity...and definitely doesn't have anyone advising her. Who would choose to wear the SAME two gowns with the SAME two tiaras - and the same earrings EVERY time! - all within just a few years of each other?! She's so puzzling.

(Also...why is she always so gormless looking in the car? She looks really out of it!)

I think she wore the red gown a second time because it was the Chinese state banquet  - hence the red, she really doesn't seem to think too deeply.

The second wearing of the icey blue gown was the first time with the Lover's Knot tiara and the gown was very similar to one SWMNBN wore...so that tiara and a similar gown to affect similarity.

I have been told that SWMNBN had an unconscious habit of placing her hand over her heart...much like Kate is doing in that one photo.

I wonder if Kate has spent so much time and effort trying to emulate her deceased M-in-L that she has lost touch with what little of herself she had left.

I believe she would have done so much better by accepting a real lady-in-waiting to guide/advise her. Someone who had grown up/in/around that world could have advised her on not only her clothing but her hairstyles and jewelry choices.

By relying on her mother, studying 20-30 year old photographs and relying on a person who fancies herself a stylist, Kate has done herself no favors.

KimmySue

Mini Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #962 on: April 10, 2017, 11:27:07 PM »

You are totally right, Pru.
If I were her (and my hair is her length), I would wear a real UP-DO, not that grandmotherly low bun with my tiara.
Her problem is that she can't wear sth like this style here

as we would see where the extensions are clipped in on the back of her head.

Although this style, with her dark hair color, would even display tiny Halo Scroll in a wow-way.
And whatever earrings she would wear, they would stand out with such a style.

Yes! I was thinking that she doesn't do an up do because of her extensions, but it would look so much better!
cordtx

Warned
Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #963 on: April 11, 2017, 02:10:11 AM »

I think the hand on the heart is because she wants the RING OF DOOM front and center in every pic of her, for future generations to see
CathyJane

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #964 on: April 11, 2017, 09:49:29 PM »

That and it's what you know who did.
Celia

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #965 on: April 12, 2017, 02:23:38 AM »

Forgive my ignorance, but are extensions on European hair sewn in the way they are on African hair?  If so, I can understand her not wanting to wear her hair up.  If not, you can add different kinds of "extensions," the way ladies did in Victorian and Edwardian times.  Queen Mary wore a fake fringe of curls on her forehead, for example.  Worked out great for tiaras.
gudgeon

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #966 on: April 12, 2017, 03:16:59 AM »

Forgive my ignorance, but are extensions on European hair sewn in the way they are on African hair?  If so, I can understand her not wanting to wear her hair up.  If not, you can add different kinds of "extensions," the way ladies did in Victorian and Edwardian times.  Queen Mary wore a fake fringe of curls on her forehead, for example.  Worked out great for tiaras.

It can be. Lots of women of European descent (aka White) have what is generally called a "weave" and in fact, Kate had/has one. There is a whole thread on her hair and years ago a picture was posted that clearly showed the track of hair sewn into her hair right in the place it was parted (it was enlarged and circled and you could see what looked like a black line going through her hair).

IMO, Kate currently has a weave (sewn in) and also uses clipped in extensions and that's what shows up as the "bump" on the crown of her head.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2017, 03:28:31 AM by gudgeon » Logged

My adventures in baking: http://bakedtoorder.blogspot.com/ 
PruNordstrom

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #967 on: April 12, 2017, 08:22:21 AM »

There was a US cable TV show whose theme was beauty pageants of all kinds. One GF would record it and when we had our 'girls night' we would watch (or fast forward) through the shows. One show dealt with wearing a tiara/crown (there is a difference). With either accessory, the basic rule was: no clean hair. The hair had to be a bit dirty in order to take a wave/curl and to help hair fixitive products to adhere to the hair. The hair stylist was making a foundation 'nest' to hold the weight of the tiara and to keep hair pins in place through any kind of bouncing or jarring movements. Extensions were used to provide the natural look of upswept hair pinned lightly but only after it had been anchored in the 'nest.' It was fascinating to watch the good/average  techniques compared to the stylists that had far more experience keeping hair/tiara in place through head-tossing movements and dancing. The good/average hairdos slowly collapsed over the course of the engagement. Those Swedish stylists that the SRF uses know how to do tiara hair. But then when you have more opportunity to practice your craft under all conditions, you should get good at it. The BRF poses fewer tiara-hair opportunities than the SRF, DRF, NRF and the Benelux RFs.

Things ain't what they used to be and never were.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #968 on: April 12, 2017, 09:44:21 AM »

There was a US cable TV show whose theme was beauty pageants of all kinds. One GF would record it and when we had our 'girls night' we would watch (or fast forward) through the shows. One show dealt with wearing a tiara/crown (there is a difference). With either accessory, the basic rule was: no clean hair. The hair had to be a bit dirty in order to take a wave/curl and to help hair fixitive products to adhere to the hair. The hair stylist was making a foundation 'nest' to hold the weight of the tiara and to keep hair pins in place through any kind of bouncing or jarring movements. Extensions were used to provide the natural look of upswept hair pinned lightly but only after it had been anchored in the 'nest.' It was fascinating to watch the good/average  techniques compared to the stylists that had far more experience keeping hair/tiara in place through head-tossing movements and dancing. The good/average hairdos slowly collapsed over the course of the engagement. Those Swedish stylists that the SRF uses know how to do tiara hair. But then when you have more opportunity to practice your craft under all conditions, you should get good at it. The BRF poses fewer tiara-hair opportunities than the SRF, DRF, NRF and the Benelux RFs.

During a session with a hairdresser we had a talk about bridal, gala and related hairdo's. The hairdresser stressed the best was hair which was "not clean",  so not hair which is washed shortly before. My own experience is several years ago, when I had long hair. A classmate tried to curl my hair and put it up. But as I had just washed my hair, on her instance, the curlers and pins just slipped out of my hair.
Margaret

Big Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #969 on: April 12, 2017, 10:16:31 AM »

^^^   Grin  Thanks, ladies.  Now when I see Kate all dressed up in her poshest frocks with her hair up and wearing a tiara, on top of every other critical thought I might be having, I will also be thinking, '... and she's got dirty hair!'
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #970 on: April 12, 2017, 11:48:28 AM »

^^^   Grin  Thanks, ladies.  Now when I see Kate all dressed up in her poshest frocks with her hair up and wearing a tiara, on top of every other critical thought I might be having, I will also be thinking, '... and she's got dirty hair!'

Laugh bounce
Kaiserin

Big Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #971 on: April 12, 2017, 10:05:15 PM »

Well, as Principessa said, for any updo and thus good tiara hair, it's essential that the hair has grip, i.e., was best washed the day before the day you want to have the special hairdo.

BUT if you like to distract your brains from the thought ... it DOES also work by using dry shampoo on freshly cleaned hair. Because the texture of dry shampoo, even when brushed out, gives the hair that necessary grip, too. It would e.g. also help to create a "banana" with only shoulder length hair, a do which would fall into pieces after 4 hours when done with freshly washed hair without any spray.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #972 on: April 14, 2017, 03:56:06 PM »

Well, as Principessa said, for any updo and thus good tiara hair, it's essential that the hair has grip, i.e., was best washed the day before the day you want to have the special hairdo.

BUT if you like to distract your brains from the thought ... it DOES also work by using dry shampoo on freshly cleaned hair. Because the texture of dry shampoo, even when brushed out, gives the hair that necessary grip, too. It would e.g. also help to create a "banana" with only shoulder length hair, a do which would fall into pieces after 4 hours when done with freshly washed hair without any spray.

Thanks for the (additional) tip!!!  Thumb up
Vava

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #973 on: April 16, 2017, 01:19:02 AM »

Ugh to the dirty hair, extensions, wiglets, and all that.  I don't think I could stand that!

Kate didn't wear the Cambridge Lover's Knot tiara correctly.  Those pearls are not dangling correctly.  She really needs a professional helping her out.
Suzerain

Warned
Humongous Member

Heard Island and McDonald Islands Heard Island and McDonald Islands

Ignore
« Reply #974 on: May 06, 2017, 06:30:20 PM »

Someone explain to me how this woman can make something so beautiful and expensive look like a cheap trinket? Is there something in her skin that turns silver into tin and diamonds into glass or how is it possible? Even if she had her hair up and everything, it would still look awful.

To tell you the truth not my favourite necklace but at least it doesn't look fake on Liz.

Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 76   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: