Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 76   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kate's jewelry  (Read 249676 times)
Cleo12
Banned
Banned
Small Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #1020 on: May 24, 2017, 07:36:56 PM »

This is what annoys me most about Kate, she has access to priceless jewels she could wear or equally she could spend the same amount she has on those 20 pairs of earrings on one or two pairs of timeless, elegant, diamond earrings. She chooses the cheaper more colourful ones so she has a pair to match to every oh-so-the-same-style coat dress.

Agreed.  She doesn't need to match her jewellery to her outfit.  Well, not every time.  It's bound to happen when she wears dark blue because she permanently wears a blue rock on her ring finger and we know she has a matching set of blue sapphire and diamond earrings so she's fixed for when she wears dark blue.  The rest of the time all she needs is one good good set of diamond earrings and a nice pearl set.  They will do for every other dressy outfit until she gets her access all areas pass to the serious bling that's locked in the royal vault. 

I personally find those Kiki semi-precious stone earrings riddled with little diamond chips to be very kitschy, and I think those little round Kiki pendant necklaces she wears look ridiculous and belong on young teenagers only.  If I were in her position, I would be occasionally wearing colourful enamel jewellery for day wear, and the less formal evening events, too.  There are some fabulous pieces of enamel jewellery out there, and the best is not at all cheap, either, if she is worried about wearing cheap jewellery.  Though we know she is not because of that huge glass necklace she wore to the Mandela event.  Some boldly coloured enamel jewellery around her neck and wrists would liven up those plain-coloured dresses she wears.  She could carry a bright clutch purse and shoes to match them.

Imagine how something like this necklace would liven up her boring clothes: 

Or this:

These are just pieces that I happen to like, but there is a huge range of interesting and colourful jewellery out there from UK designers in different media and styles, but with the very occasional exception she does not seem to be curious or willing to experiment and insists on sticking with those over-priced and "safe" Kiki things most of the time.  The same, of course, applies to clothing and shoes and hairdos.  I do not understand her at all.

IMHO, Kate's lack of style is because she went right from her mummy's sofa to a rich man's sofa.  She never had to work, to put together outfits, to observe what other women are wearing at work or at cocktail parties after work.  When you work for a living, you have to learn how to put yourself together with whatever budget you have.  That means mixing and matching, using pretty scarves or accessories or using unique pieces of jewelry like above to dress up a plain dress.  No matter what she's wearing, Kate reminds me of an excitable high school girl who's dressing up, not a confident woman with her own style. Her botching of wearing the priceless Nizam of Hyderabad necklace showed her total ignorance of the Queen, jewelry and tradition.  Kate was just clueless.  But that's probably for the best, because I don't believe either Pr. William or Pr. Harry will be particularly generous to their wives like Charles is to Camilla when it comes to jewelry.
MidnightDiamond

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #1021 on: May 24, 2017, 08:57:00 PM »

This is what annoys me most about Kate, she has access to priceless jewels she could wear or equally she could spend the same amount she has on those 20 pairs of earrings on one or two pairs of timeless, elegant, diamond earrings. She chooses the cheaper more colourful ones so she has a pair to match to every oh-so-the-same-style coat dress.

Agreed.  She doesn't need to match her jewellery to her outfit.  Well, not every time.  It's bound to happen when she wears dark blue because she permanently wears a blue rock on her ring finger and we know she has a matching set of blue sapphire and diamond earrings so she's fixed for when she wears dark blue.  The rest of the time all she needs is one good good set of diamond earrings and a nice pearl set.  They will do for every other dressy outfit until she gets her access all areas pass to the serious bling that's locked in the royal vault. 

I personally find those Kiki semi-precious stone earrings riddled with little diamond chips to be very kitschy, and I think those little round Kiki pendant necklaces she wears look ridiculous and belong on young teenagers only.  If I were in her position, I would be occasionally wearing colourful enamel jewellery for day wear, and the less formal evening events, too.  There are some fabulous pieces of enamel jewellery out there, and the best is not at all cheap, either, if she is worried about wearing cheap jewellery.  Though we know she is not because of that huge glass necklace she wore to the Mandela event.  Some boldly coloured enamel jewellery around her neck and wrists would liven up those plain-coloured dresses she wears.  She could carry a bright clutch purse and shoes to match them.

Imagine how something like this necklace would liven up her boring clothes: 

Or this:

These are just pieces that I happen to like, but there is a huge range of interesting and colourful jewellery out there from UK designers in different media and styles, but with the very occasional exception she does not seem to be curious or willing to experiment and insists on sticking with those over-priced and "safe" Kiki things most of the time.  The same, of course, applies to clothing and shoes and hairdos.  I do not understand her at all.

IMHO, Kate's lack of style is because she went right from her mummy's sofa to a rich man's sofa.  She never had to work, to put together outfits, to observe what other women are wearing at work or at cocktail parties after work.  When you work for a living, you have to learn how to put yourself together with whatever budget you have.  That means mixing and matching, using pretty scarves or accessories or using unique pieces of jewelry like above to dress up a plain dress.  No matter what she's wearing, Kate reminds me of an excitable high school girl who's dressing up, not a confident woman with her own style. Her botching of wearing the priceless Nizam of Hyderabad necklace showed her total ignorance of the Queen, jewelry and tradition.  Kate was just clueless.  But that's probably for the best, because I don't believe either Pr. William or Pr. Harry will be particularly generous to their wives like Charles is to Camilla when it comes to jewelry.

I could see Harry, he seems to be romantic type like his father. But they do split their mother's jewels 50/50, so when Harry weds Kate will at least have some jewels to wear wrong.
Kaiserin

Big Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #1022 on: June 20, 2017, 10:57:38 PM »

As far as I saw in the other threads, Kates earrings today were not yet discussed: the second loan from HM this week after the - imho - too big for a daytime event diamond earrings she wore at Trooping:

These look like the Bahrain Pearldrops, which Kate had already worn for 2016 Remenbrance Sunday.

I wonder what HMs strategy is lately - after first not loaning anything, Kate seems to have access to the Vault now for all important events, and she got loaned not only stuff suitable for tours, but even HMs own wedding gifts (to which the pearl pendants of today's earring do also belong).

No matter what the strategy is - as long as it prevents Doolittle from buying her umpteenth pair of semiprecioustinycolouredstonessurroundedbydiamondchips-Kikis,
it's a good strategy.
MidnightDiamond

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #1023 on: July 17, 2017, 02:05:22 PM »

New ruby(maybe) pendant.

New ruby(maybe) earrings.

She cannot wear jewels well at all.
MidnightDiamond

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #1024 on: July 17, 2017, 02:22:03 PM »

Possibly a ring in this pic.
emtishell

Medium Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #1025 on: July 17, 2017, 02:24:45 PM »

New ruby(maybe) pendant.

I don't think they're rubies, too pinkly-purpley..... maybe pink sapphire? Or spinels? I thought for a moment they were Mummy Dearest's blue sapphires  
Olya

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #1026 on: July 17, 2017, 03:01:32 PM »

New ruby(maybe) pendant.

I don't think they're rubies, too pinkly-purpley..... maybe pink sapphire? Or spinels? I thought for a moment they were Mummy Dearest's blue sapphires  

Rubies and sapphires are the same stone, just go by different names determined by colour (they're both corundums).
I guess we'll find out soon enough what these are though.
Surprise they're not sapphires to match the ring, but then she has that tanzanite set..
Lady Willoughby

Big Member

Circa Regna Tonat

Ignore
« Reply #1027 on: July 17, 2017, 03:11:22 PM »

Whatever they are, they are in horribly 1980's "Dynasty" tacky settings. They are almost as bad as that blue stone set she wore to the thanksgiving service while pregnant with Charlotte.

Her taste in personal jewelry is something that drives me nuts about her, unless this is William picking pieces out for her & she feels obligated to wear them like I would too.

Really loving the hair length.

Feel badly for George, he seems like a sensitive, shy boy. They need to have the kids out more or not at all, IMO. This middle of the road amount seems to be more harmful to his adjustment, JMO.

Countess of Cows

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #1028 on: July 17, 2017, 03:19:26 PM »

Feel badly for George, he seems like a sensitive, shy boy. They need to have the kids out more or not at all, IMO. This middle of the road amount seems to be more harmful to his adjustment, JMO

I agree, he seems very shy.  I hope they're getting him help for that and aren't just protecting him from everyone and then just throwing him in the middle of crowds. I wouldn't be comfortable with all those eyes on me and I'm old!   He must learn to come to grips with that and only a professional can help in a positive way. JMO

"I would sooner have you hate me for telling you the truth than adore me for telling you lies." Pietro Aretino

I would rather be hated for something I am, than loved for something I am not. -Bob Marley
Eliza B

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #1029 on: July 17, 2017, 03:57:11 PM »

Yup ring too...
Lille

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #1030 on: July 17, 2017, 04:02:45 PM »

Does she have a problem with her jaw or is she just trying to attract attention (or both)?
Olya

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #1031 on: July 17, 2017, 04:08:02 PM »

Yup ring too...

Looks a bit mismatched with the ring of doom, and the ring on the right hand which is a different style.. the earrings almost look like they have a double row (of diamonds?) and the pendant a single row... but that's just an intial impression, am definitely very curious to find out more about the (mismatched?) set.

It would be nice if she wore her hair up when wearing nicer earring to show them better instead of hiding all.

Did she get this as incentive to go on "tour"?

Does she have a problem with her jaw or is she just trying to attract attention (or both)?

Yes, plus showing off big blue. The showing off and the gurn just never go away.
MidnightDiamond

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #1032 on: July 17, 2017, 04:11:10 PM »

She usually buys herself jewelry all the time. sometimes kiki sometimes g collins.
Olya

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #1033 on: July 17, 2017, 04:13:20 PM »

She usually buys herself jewelry all the time. sometimes kiki sometimes g collins.

That's true, I can't think of a single bit that was gifted to her by Bill or anyone, save for the few pieces she received for her wedding.

G Collins is rather rare for her to purchase from, but they are (or were) one of the crown jewellers.
Suzerain

Warned
Humongous Member

Heard Island and McDonald Islands Heard Island and McDonald Islands

Princess Gollumina wants her precioussss

Ignore
« Reply #1034 on: July 17, 2017, 05:33:51 PM »

Whatever they are, they are in horribly 1980's "Dynasty" tacky settings. They are almost as bad as that blue stone set she wore to the thanksgiving service while pregnant with Charlotte.

Her taste in personal jewelry is something that drives me nuts about her, unless this is William picking pieces out for her & she feels obligated to wear them like I would too.

Really loving the hair length.

Feel badly for George, he seems like a sensitive, shy boy. They need to have the kids out more or not at all, IMO. This middle of the road amount seems to be more harmful to his adjustment, JMO.

I know absolutely nothing about what is considered tacky and what is considered classic. What would be considered classy here? Do you mean 'Dynasty' because there's two rows of diamonds, they're surrounded with diamonds or what? I'm asking because I love jewellery and know things about gemstones but I don't know about jewellery designs.

The stones could be anything from rubies to garnets, tourmalines, purplish sapphires (then again, I think only pink corundum is considered 'sapphire' and all other shades of red 'ruby') or maybe even Cubic zirconia.

So... She had this set, Cambridge pearls and Granny Liz's ruby necklace and she decided to go with the mismatched set to the State Dinner...
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 05:54:19 PM by Suzerain » Logged

The Rally Prince driving (yes, it's really him)...
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 76   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: