Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 88   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kate's jewelry  (Read 438115 times)
MidnightDiamond

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #1035 on: July 17, 2017, 05:36:58 PM »

I'm not big on pink rubies, so  Dead
Vava

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #1036 on: July 17, 2017, 05:46:26 PM »

I love pink sapphires, rubys, tourmaline, zircon - love, love, LOVE!  I'm not a fan of how these stone are set, or how Miss Priss decided to wear them.  Any you know what?  That McQueen dress is ill-fitting in the bodice.  I think Kate looks very underwhelming in this ensemble.  On the other hand, the first lady of Poland looks smashing - even in a beige dress (and I don't like beige....).
Suzerain
Banned
Warned
Humongous Member

Heard Island and McDonald Islands Heard Island and McDonald Islands

Did you know some snakes have retractable fangs?

Ignore
« Reply #1037 on: July 17, 2017, 05:49:41 PM »

I'm not big on pink rubies, so  Dead

Well, the pink ones aren't really rubies...  

There is some blueish hue on all real rubies if you look at them in a certain light. The best colour, pigeon blood red is slightly "blue". The red stones that are clearly red with no blue shades at all are most likely garnets.

Rubies

Garnets

I love all gemstones... Sorry for getting carried away. I just especially love red stones!
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 05:55:06 PM by Suzerain » Logged

Lady Willoughby

Warned
Gigantic Member

Circa Regna Tonat

Ignore
« Reply #1038 on: July 17, 2017, 05:57:56 PM »

Whatever they are, they are in horribly 1980's "Dynasty" tacky settings. They are almost as bad as that blue stone set she wore to the thanksgiving service while pregnant with Charlotte.

Her taste in personal jewelry is something that drives me nuts about her, unless this is William picking pieces out for her & she feels obligated to wear them like I would too.

Really loving the hair length.

Feel badly for George, he seems like a sensitive, shy boy. They need to have the kids out more or not at all, IMO. This middle of the road amount seems to be more harmful to his adjustment, JMO.

I know absolutely nothing about what is considered tacky and what is considered classic. What would be considered classy here? Do you mean 'Dynasty' because there's two rows of diamonds, they're surrounded with diamonds or what? I'm asking because I love jewellery and know things about gemstones but I don't know about jewellery designs.

The stones could be anything from rubies to garnets, tourmalines, purplish sapphires (then again, I think only pink corundum is considered 'sapphire' and all other shades of red 'ruby') or maybe even Cubic zirconia.

So... She had this set, Cambridge pearls and Granny Liz's ruby necklace and she decided to go with the mismatched set to the State Dinner...

By Dynasty I just meant something you would have found on the set of the 1980's nighttime soap "Dynasty"

Suzerain
Banned
Warned
Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #1039 on: July 17, 2017, 06:04:52 PM »

Whatever they are, they are in horribly 1980's "Dynasty" tacky settings. They are almost as bad as that blue stone set she wore to the thanksgiving service while pregnant with Charlotte.

Her taste in personal jewelry is something that drives me nuts about her, unless this is William picking pieces out for her & she feels obligated to wear them like I would too.

Really loving the hair length.

Feel badly for George, he seems like a sensitive, shy boy. They need to have the kids out more or not at all, IMO. This middle of the road amount seems to be more harmful to his adjustment, JMO.

I know absolutely nothing about what is considered tacky and what is considered classic. What would be considered classy here? Do you mean 'Dynasty' because there's two rows of diamonds, they're surrounded with diamonds or what? I'm asking because I love jewellery and know things about gemstones but I don't know about jewellery designs.

The stones could be anything from rubies to garnets, tourmalines, purplish sapphires (then again, I think only pink corundum is considered 'sapphire' and all other shades of red 'ruby') or maybe even Cubic zirconia.

So... She had this set, Cambridge pearls and Granny Liz's ruby necklace and she decided to go with the mismatched set to the State Dinner...

By Dynasty I just meant something you would have found on the set of the 1980's nighttime soap "Dynasty"

Oh I remember Dynasty well!  Laugh bounce And I think you may be right...

Suzerain
Banned
Warned
Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #1040 on: July 17, 2017, 08:22:07 PM »

Kate's red gemstones could be spinels too.

G Collins & Sons has a slightly similar pendant on their site

https://www.gcollinsandso...amond-surround-pendant677

Olya

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #1041 on: July 17, 2017, 08:45:10 PM »

Kate's red gemstones could be spinels too.

G Collins & Sons has a slightly similar pendant on their site

https://www.gcollinsandso...amond-surround-pendant677

It will be hard to pin down from which jeweller's those pieces come from, they are a pretty classic design that pretty much every jeweller sells in some form. But I'm very sure we'll find out soon about necklace, earrings and ring (where they come from, that she bought it herself I take as a given).
Antevorta

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #1042 on: July 17, 2017, 10:31:43 PM »

New ruby(maybe) pendant.

New ruby(maybe) earrings.

She cannot wear jewels well at all.

Am I the only person in the world that absolutely hates the design/setting?  I hate the engagement ring too, always have (I also hated it when Diana had it, this is not personal to Kate).  I find the design so underwhelming and cheap looking.  Yuck.
KimmySue

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #1043 on: July 17, 2017, 11:43:20 PM »

New ruby(maybe) pendant.

Am I the only person in the world that absolutely hates the design/setting?  I hate the engagement ring too, always have (I also hated it when Diana had it, this is not personal to Kate).  I find the design so underwhelming and cheap looking.  Yuck.

No, you are not the only one. I never liked Diana's ring (and I don't like Kate's new jewelry either), it has always reminded me of the cheap costume jewelry you would find at discount stores.
Lille

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #1044 on: July 17, 2017, 11:47:47 PM »

New ruby(maybe) pendant.

I don't mind the jewels - they look better than the weird pearls she is wearing tonight. Her face looks fuller. Has she put on weight?
Kaiserin

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #1045 on: July 18, 2017, 12:26:30 AM »

The three supposedly ruby pieces don't fit together at all:
The earrings are set in (yellow) gold and have 2 rows of diamonds, the pendant in set in (white) gold with only one row of diamonds, the stones do have different colours (If only because if the setting, or anyhow), and the ring has, opposite to the other pieces, a  more modern setting (gold prongs on kind of eternity band. Stone seems square, might even be cabochon, the pics aren't very clear).

So while we know that Kate is usually VERY matchy matchy, warring 3 totally different pieces which have only "red stone" in common hints to me that at least one of these pieces is heritage, not newly bought.
MidnightDiamond

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #1046 on: July 18, 2017, 12:35:27 AM »

I don't think their heirloom, I'd say the earrings and necklace match. The yellow gold around the ruby and white around the diamonds. Haven't seen any good pics. I'd say she got a simpler ring so it didn't match her engagement ring it also seems to have the yellow gold around the ruby and white around the diamond. Looking at the designs they are very similar to designs by G Collins & Sons. jmo.
Kaiserin

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #1047 on: July 18, 2017, 12:40:47 AM »

This is by far the best views (no idea how to post the actual pics here) available right now.
But these pics clearly show that earrings and pendant do not match.

https://twitter.com/WhatK...status/886933684816838656

Princess BlueEyes

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #1048 on: July 18, 2017, 01:34:31 AM »

While this might not be the right one (since this setting is very classic - think Albert's sapphire brooch that the Queen wears) but I found this on the G.Collins & Sons website

Ruby and Diamond Cluster Pendant
18ct White Gold setting
0.54ct Ruby - Total weight of Diamonds 0.16ct
1,525 ($1990.57)

Did not see any earrings that looked similar nor any similar ring either.

PruNordstrom

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #1049 on: July 18, 2017, 02:00:59 AM »

I wonder if she will be wearing any amber on this trip to poland: necklace, earrings, bracelet.

For example:
http://www.amberjewelry.c...y-wholesale-products.html

The only thing most people do better than anyone else is read their own handwriting.
Spacetime tells matter how to move; matter tells spacetime how to curve. ~JWheeler
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 88   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: