Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kate's jewelry  (Read 336331 times)
MarieQueenie

Warned
Micro Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #1185 on: March 14, 2019, 03:40:59 AM »

At least, with this pic of Carole, I have the proof who originally invented the crotch clutch pose ... at the dawn of the wedding already.

ETA: if the earrings are 14,300 ?, what is the necklace?
That was really "royal" jewellery Carole sported at this reception ...

14k$? What are the stones?!?!

I think they're topaz.

That quality! It is not worth 14k just the cost to have the name attached to it. Shame. No

could be Aquamarine stones

According to this website, they are aquamarine : https://whatkatewore.com/...likates/jewelry/earrings/

AUG 3: For the Robinson Pelham Pagoda earrings in white gold, diamonds and blue topaz worn to the SPECTRE premiere we show the Miadora Sterling Silver Created Aquamarine Chandelier earrings ($155.99) at Overstock and the CZ by Kenneth Jay Lane Duchess Pear Drop earrings ($715).
getafix
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #1186 on: March 14, 2019, 04:54:50 AM »

It's strange to say, but I think Carole looks way better than Kate, at least in this pic!

that's because Carole looks young, and kate looks old  Crazy

G Smiley

I totally agree, Kate is old, screams "victorian mother raising kids at home and bored". Carole is active, alive, modern.  Star for you, getafix
[/quote]

thx MQ  Hug  Star back

G Smiley

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
Princess MS

Warned
Big Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #1187 on: March 14, 2019, 05:16:46 AM »

This comes from Her Majesty's Jewel Vault today:

http://queensjewelvault.blogspot.com

A fascinating pair of new-to-us diamond earrings. I've had lots of questions already if they're loans from The Queen; if they are, they're nothing known to me. They also have significant differences from the tops of the diamond and pearl earrings the late Diana, Princess of Wales received as a wedding gift from the Emir of Qatar, another comparison I've seen made.

Great to see Kate in the diamond earrings and not one of the many Kiki sets. I'm off to check some Royal Jewel sites to see if I can find out more

Princess MS, did you have any luck with the search? Definitely not any of her late m-i-l's earrings that I recall, and I don't remember seeing anything similar worn by any other Windsor women. Honestly, I kind of imagine the family having a lot of diamond earrings that aren't worn often enough to be well known, so maybe she found these in the corner of a jewelry box somewhere?

Not yet - I'm wondering if they were part of something originally bigger with drops - I'm still looking. Maybe one of the Greville pieces ?
CyrilSebastian

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #1188 on: March 18, 2019, 03:34:14 AM »

In this photo Princess Diana is wearing a pearl necklace. Has Catherine worn this pearl necklace before?   
http://www.pinterest.com/pin/662662532646902780
Future Crayon

Ginormous Member

Sophie Winklestan

Ignore
« Reply #1189 on: March 18, 2019, 07:28:29 AM »

In this photo Princess Diana is wearing a pearl necklace. Has Catherine worn this pearl necklace before?    
http://www.pinterest.com/pin/662662532646902780

No, Kate hasn't worn that necklace yet. Pearls are beautiful. I wish more younger royals would wear them

Kate kills trees, pass it on
Celia

Warned
Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #1190 on: March 18, 2019, 12:17:02 PM »

That one could be costume.  So, even though Jackie Kennedy's fake pearls fetched a real pearl price at auction, I doubt these pearls (if indeed fake) would have been handed down.
Future Crayon

Ginormous Member

Sophie Winklestan

Ignore
« Reply #1191 on: September 11, 2019, 07:33:56 PM »

Kate's Accessorize earrings:

8 - back in most UK stores

Also 8, but I don't think they stock these any more

Usually 5, but currently on sale for 1.50

Ellie

Warned
Humongous Member

wannabe Lesbaru driver

Ignore
« Reply #1192 on: September 11, 2019, 07:41:19 PM »

Next time I am in the UK I want to visit an Accessorize store. I like that last pair of earrings a lot.

I didn't realize they were a brand of Monsoon. I got a really cute dress and cardigan there last time I was in England!
Future Crayon

Ginormous Member

Sophie Winklestan

Ignore
« Reply #1193 on: September 11, 2019, 07:43:12 PM »

Next time I am in the UK I want to visit an Accessorize store. I like that last pair of earrings a lot.

I LOVE Accessorize. They do a silver range which is affordable, but very cute, and their bags are awesome. They are also on every high street (and train station. And airport. And outlet village)

Ellie

Warned
Humongous Member

wannabe Lesbaru driver

Ignore
« Reply #1194 on: September 11, 2019, 07:44:27 PM »

My first encounter with Monsoon was at Victoria Station! I am jealous we don't have them here in the States.

I'm going back for a visit soon so I really have to do some shopping.
Future Crayon

Ginormous Member

Sophie Winklestan

Ignore
« Reply #1195 on: September 11, 2019, 07:48:06 PM »

My first encounter with Monsoon was at Victoria Station! I am jealous we don't have them here in the States.

I'm going back for a visit soon so I really have to do some shopping.

They do deliver abroad, but the whole point of Accessorize (IMO) is buying a hair clip, two pairs of earrings and a pair of socks with llamas on because you are bored while waiting for a train.

Ellie

Warned
Humongous Member

wannabe Lesbaru driver

Ignore
« Reply #1196 on: September 11, 2019, 07:59:15 PM »

Precisely FC. I bought the dress and cardigan waiting on a train to Cardiff because we got to the station too early.  Thumb up
karma chamelion

Large Member

Harry 'Hotspur' Percy

Ignore
« Reply #1197 on: September 12, 2019, 01:33:10 AM »

FC and Ellie Star that was a cute exchange, gave me a giggle Blush

8 earrings... at this point I'm pretty sure Kate is purposefully looking frugal to make a point. I didn't think she had a backbone, glad to see a little push back from her. I love the earrings and hadn't heard of Accessorize, will have to see what they offer. Beer

"The pen is mightier than the sword" - Edward Bulwer-Lytton
Ellie

Warned
Humongous Member

wannabe Lesbaru driver

Ignore
« Reply #1198 on: September 12, 2019, 02:50:49 AM »

Monsoon and Accessorize has some neat stuff, karma! I have some cute pieces of cheap jewelry from there I got, you guessed it, waiting for trains.  Laugh bounce They're inexpensive but special because my son chose the jewelry for me which is something he loves to do now - but at the time, then he was very wee! I think you should definitely check them out for some decent bits and bobs. I'm also a fan of M&S and Boden and you bet I've shopped til I dropped for my kid at Trotters for cute clothes they just don't make here in the US.

I wish they had that filigree earring from the most recent garden visit but it's not on their site, alas or I would buy it. I even like the first pair of earrings and I am not very into costume jewelry. If I were royal I'd cheap out on cute pieces like  that then just have a few interchangeable good pieces with pearls, diamonds, without breaking the bank.
karma chamelion

Large Member

Harry 'Hotspur' Percy

Ignore
« Reply #1199 on: September 12, 2019, 03:31:40 AM »

Monsoon and Accessorize has some neat stuff, karma! I have some cute pieces of cheap jewelry from there I got, you guessed it, waiting for trains.  Laugh bounce They're inexpensive but special because my son chose the jewelry for me which is something he loves to do now - but at the time, then he was very wee! I think you should definitely check them out for some decent bits and bobs. I'm also a fan of M&S and Boden and you bet I've shopped til I dropped for my kid at Trotters for cute clothes they just don't make here in the US.

I wish they had that filigree earring from the most recent garden visit but it's not on their site, alas or I would buy it. I even like the first pair of earrings and I am not very into costume jewelry. If I were royal I'd cheap out on cute pieces like  that then just have a few interchangeable good pieces with pearls, diamonds, without breaking the bank.

I really like the style and you definitely get a lot of bang for your buck! I prefer these earrings over her usual overpriced Kiki's any day of the week.

"The pen is mightier than the sword" - Edward Bulwer-Lytton
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: