Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 85   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kate's jewelry  (Read 399539 times)
Suzerain
Banned
Warned
Humongous Member

Heard Island and McDonald Islands Heard Island and McDonald Islands

Did you know some snakes have retractable fangs?

Ignore
« Reply #435 on: March 16, 2015, 04:06:11 PM »

I became obsessed w/emeralds when I was about 14 and have amassed a lot of pieces in the decades since (though certainly nothing of "royal" size ). If these are real, they are of stunning quality and color, on par with those seen in jewelry of some of the middle Eastern RFs (I'm thinking esp. of pieces in the "Moroccan RF jewelry" thread). But IMO the design of the earrings themselves is really tacky...which makes me think they probably are real, and likely a gift from from one of said RFs. Thinking (certainly PayNot would never fork up for what these cost if real; and Charles wouldn't either, unless they were for Camilla).
All MHO, of course.

I think they're drop dead gorgeous earrings, and I first noticed them when she wore them.  I think they are probably a gift as she tends to have very simplistic boring taste in jewelry, and these are quite opulent.  I see yellow diamonds with emeralds all the time, it's quite normal and in fashion.  These are not for everyone, I wouldn't go to the grocery store with them, and on most of us "mere mortals," they would look fake because we don't have the money to buy something like that, but on royalty, the wealthy and famous, they look real.

It's not always about not having the money (as reasonable sized gemstones are possible to obtain if you know where to buy, have saved up some and know what to buy), most people are only used to seeing such minimalistic jewellery (at least where I live) that they would automatically think everything else is fake. I once wore a lovely pair of ruby and diamond earrings to a ball and everyone thought I was wearing cubic zirconias. Those earrings were nowhere near as big as Kate's emerald earrings but still pretty fabulous IMO. If I had worn them in some other country and another type of occasion, everyone would have recognized them as real. So... I guess I could wear whatever I like around here and be safe!   Not that I'd be rich enough to be wearing huge whoppers like that all the time!

« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 04:16:21 PM by Suzerain » Logged

Emma Rose

Big Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #436 on: March 16, 2015, 09:34:34 PM »

I still think they are fake, bought by mum. They are just too tacky and vulgar.
But beyond that, why would she wear such a piece to a COLLEGE FUNDRAISER? The night was black tie and some of the ladies shown in DM were wearing short cocktail dresses. It just wasn't an event for extravagant jewels, real or fake.

bumbershoot

Warned
Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #437 on: March 16, 2015, 10:10:01 PM »

Regardless of their provenance or whether they are costume jewelry or the real thing, they look way way heavy. There's no way my ears would be happy with that much weight hanging from them. One of the reasons I tend to wear a lot of amber earrings is that amber is so lightweight relative to gemstones.
MidnightDiamond

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #438 on: March 16, 2015, 10:12:47 PM »

Some people put strings on the earrings to tie to their hair to keep the weight off, Mary does that but it seems Kate doesn't.
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #439 on: March 16, 2015, 11:38:49 PM »

Some people put strings on the earrings to tie to their hair to keep the weight off, Mary does that but it seems Kate doesn't.

interesting, do you an event she's done that. I've never seen it....just curious.

Suzerain
Banned
Warned
Humongous Member

Heard Island and McDonald Islands Heard Island and McDonald Islands

Did you know some snakes have retractable fangs?

Ignore
« Reply #440 on: March 17, 2015, 01:13:06 AM »

interesting, do you an event she's done that. I've never seen it....just curious.

I want to see this too! Victoria sure doesn't and it looks painful - and scary at times!  Yikes

I'm afraid some of her heavy earrings will some day slice right through those earlobes!  Nerves

MidnightDiamond

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #441 on: March 17, 2015, 01:38:46 AM »

I know it is small, but it is the only picture I could find.
PruNordstrom

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #442 on: March 17, 2015, 05:33:59 AM »

An upscale jeweler in my area sells very fine flat link loops to position the earring over the top of the
ears, just like it was done in the 19th century with heavy settings. It becomes part of the bling if you
wish, or the metal is matched to your skin and is dull to avoid sparkle. It is a very comfortable setting
for long dangling earrings. I bought a set to wear with some heavy earring that wreaked havoc on my
pierced ears. I rather liked using the loops.

The only thing most people do better than anyone else is read their own handwriting.
Spacetime tells matter how to move; matter tells spacetime how to curve. ~JWheeler
Vava

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #443 on: March 17, 2015, 01:38:19 PM »

I know clip earrings are out of vogue these days, but the only time I wear heavy earrings is when they are clip.  Actually, I don't really wear earrings all that much, I'm more of a bracelet, ring, and necklace person.  But when I see stretched lobes like those shown above, it does make me cringe!
Kaiserin

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #444 on: March 17, 2015, 06:19:17 PM »

Camilla is really the only person I like these multi-strand pearl chokers on to be honest. I kind of hope that when Harry gets married and the stash splits up, Kate immediately goes for the most "iconic" piece of Diana's, the pearl choker with the honking sapphire. Then Harry's wife chooses something that actually fits her.

She would grab it if she could, because this would be BIG BLUE 2.0.
And she'd ruin it right away with her mane ... this piece really needs an updo.
And in my opinion, does work better with blonde hair.

Vava

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #445 on: March 17, 2015, 10:20:52 PM »

I love that necklace, not sure why.....
I hope I never see Kate wearing it, though.
editorathome
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Bouvet Island Bouvet Island

Ignore
« Reply #446 on: March 17, 2015, 10:53:08 PM »

^ And I hope the worthless wannabe never wears the Cambridge Lover's Knot Tiara  Nono
She can't possibly be that dumb, can she? Oh, never mind...

At some point her pimp  puppetmaster loving, altruistic Laughing Laughing Laughing mum will order her to gently, lovingly suggest that she wear it, to show the adoring masses that she's JUST LIKE you-know-who. What a load.
Princess BlueEyes

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #447 on: March 18, 2015, 01:36:28 AM »

I love that necklace, not sure why.....
I hope I never see Kate wearing it, though.

Ooooh, I love that necklace too!     I would hate to see Kate wear it.   

Secret 

Harry may marry a kind, caring, dedicated & pretty wife so I will reserve my opinion on her wearing it until such time as we find out who she is.

Vava

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #448 on: March 18, 2015, 01:39:20 AM »

^ And I hope the worthless wannabe never wears the Cambridge Lover's Knot Tiara  Nono
She can't possibly be that dumb, can she? Oh, never mind...

At some point her pimp  puppetmaster loving, altruistic Laughing Laughing Laughing mum will order her to gently, lovingly suggest that she wear it, to show the adoring masses that she's JUST LIKE you-know-who. What a load.

Cry  Unfortunately, I suspect we will see that very thing. 
gudgeon

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #449 on: April 15, 2015, 03:02:16 PM »

Just moving this comment here, from another thread.....

I think a ring to match this would have been a fabulous engagement ring or anything of Queen Mary of Teck

or even, depending on how bad the economy was at the time, I wish he could have given her something like Queen Alexandra's dagmar necklace to wear at galas instead of an everyday sapphire ring.

That's this one, right? I hate this one...it looks like a big sloppy mess to me  Secret

I also just think she couldn't pull off the dagmar one or the Cambridge emeralds one either. She really has no substance to her and, IMO, doesn't know how to wear jewels - both in the styling or in the presence or confidence or character to carry it off. She has no personality and no personal style and that makes it hard to look like she is wearing the jewels rather than it being obvious that she doesn't know what she's doing and feels uncomfortable.

My adventures in baking: http://bakedtoorder.blogspot.com/ 
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 85   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: