Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 85   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kate's jewelry  (Read 400451 times)
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #690 on: October 21, 2015, 04:51:13 AM »

Whose portraits are the Queen wearing? I thought the monarch doesn't wear family orders?
Why so many portraits? Two on her left shoulder, and then one to pin her sash?

Also, the younger photo of the queen shows some elegant hands

So rumors that Kate's going to get a family order is not true? Or did her Lady in Waiting forgot to pin it on her (or is it stll at the Jewelers?)

here is a close-up

MidnightDiamond

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #691 on: October 21, 2015, 04:51:23 AM »

You would think Kate got some jewels as wedding presents she wouldn't have to borrow. I think her earrings were a wedding present from the Queen that she made for her from loose jewels. She could have worn her emeralds that were a wedding presents. But she borrowed Snare

I don't believe Her Majesty gave those earrings to Kate, I'm pretty sure they are loaners (not 100% certain, though).  The bangle is the same one Prince Philip gave Her Majesty as a wedding gift, the Art Deco bracelet was made from a choker once belonging to Queen Mary, so both bracelets were definitely loaners along with the tiara.

I'd say they were a gift, I don't think the queen only loans. i'd say she gives something plus they hold no historic value since they were made from loose gems. But jmo. I like them though.
MidnightDiamond

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #692 on: October 21, 2015, 04:53:24 AM »

Whose portraits are the Queen wearing? I thought the monarch doesn't wear family orders?

So rumors that Kate's going to get a family order is not true? Or did her Lady in Waiting forgot to pin it on her (or is it stll at the Jewelers?)

here is a close-up

yea, pink is her fathers; blue is her grandfathers, ie past monarchs. She does not wear them all the time though only when she feels like it.
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #693 on: October 21, 2015, 04:56:16 AM »

wonder if she'll re-use Diana's and give it Waity

or did they give it to Camilla ? ? ?

debbydeb

Gigantic Member

Indonesia Indonesia

Ignore
« Reply #694 on: October 21, 2015, 04:58:31 AM »

here is a close-up

Pede Star MidnightDiamond Star
Thank you! Maybe I just got used to seeing the Swedish ones, I didn't realize that the BRF also wears family orders of past monarch and not just the current monarch.

Wow, imagine living through a lot of monarchs! I crack up just imagining having a chest full of picture frames! Like a walking National Portrait Gallery.

What about the one on her hip (pinning the sash). Is looks like a photo frame thingy too.

Edit: Also I realize that the frame design is uniform.
The same diamond setting and the red crown?
I think this is a good idea for parity purposes. Smiley
MidnightDiamond

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #695 on: October 21, 2015, 05:05:56 AM »

I know this is OT but with family orders you do not have to wear past monarchs if you have one of the current monarch. Margaret had 3; her grandfather, father, sister. I'd say there is probably pictures of her with just her sister etc.
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #696 on: October 21, 2015, 05:19:23 AM »

princess Margrete wore a bunch of those, 4 I think...

EDIT: yes, 4.

« Last Edit: October 21, 2015, 05:28:47 AM by PeDe » Logged

MidnightDiamond

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #697 on: October 21, 2015, 05:21:33 AM »

The blue one is not the same as the others I think it is a different order.
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #698 on: October 21, 2015, 05:28:13 AM »

yes, I saw that, I just meant she wore a bunch of those ribbons at one time, when at certain public events.

She wore from top to bottom:

Order of the Crown of India (*)
Royal Family Order of Queen Elizabeth II
Royal Family Order of King George VI
Royal Family Order of King George V

(*) or at least that's what it looks like to me

Lola Heart

Warned
Large Member

United States United States

temi's biggest fan!

Ignore
« Reply #699 on: October 21, 2015, 05:38:48 AM »

You would think Kate got some jewels as wedding presents she wouldn't have to borrow. I think her earrings were a wedding present from the Queen that she made for her from loose jewels. She could have worn her emeralds that were a wedding presents. But she borrowed Snare

I don't believe Her Majesty gave those earrings to Kate, I'm pretty sure they are loaners (not 100% certain, though).  The bangle is the same one Prince Philip gave Her Majesty as a wedding gift, the Art Deco bracelet was made from a choker once belonging to Queen Mary, so both bracelets were definitely loaners along with the tiara.

I'd say they were a gift, I don't think the queen only loans. i'd say she gives something plus they hold no historic value since they were made from loose gems. But jmo. I like them though.

I did a quick Google search and on dianasjewels.net, it notes: "During the arrivals for the 'BAFTA Brits to Watch' event, a television announcer said these were loaned from QEII.  No confirmation has been given regarding these earrings."

On hrhduchesskate.blogspot.com it says, "The Duchess looked beautiful in an Alexander McQueen gown and a pair of earrings loaned to her by The Queen. No further information was released and they are not well-known pieces."

Conversely, I've never seen these earrings show up on any list of jewels the Queen has loaned Kate.  This could be an instance in which a television announcer made an assumption and others repeated that assumption believing it to be fact, so it's certainly possible these were a gift.  It's hard to tell from photos since factors from hairspray to lighting can be factors, but they don't appear to be the highest quality diamonds so likely easier to part with.  Wink

More royal musings can be found at www.lovelolaheart.com
CathyJane

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #700 on: October 21, 2015, 04:10:37 PM »

I wouldn't put it past Ma to have copies of ALL the royal jewels made for Waity to wear, thus the press would say "ooo Waity is wearing the Queen's wedding ring!! She must love her granddaughter in law so very much".
NoviceDisher
Banned
Warned
Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #701 on: October 21, 2015, 05:38:35 PM »

The blue one is not the same as the others I think it is a different order.

What in the ever loving world are all those pieces of cloth like things doing on her ?  Yes, Yes I know these are some honor or something  Roll Eyes but really how to spoil a nice gown and jewels 101 is wear an ugly sash (yes, again some high honor bestowed  Roll Eyes ) and then add these little pieces of cloths with some dead royal relative's portrait. Yes, yes again an honor but really it spoils the look of any dress royals wear  in my not so humble neanderthal opinion  Tongue
MidnightDiamond

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #702 on: October 26, 2015, 09:04:54 PM »

It looks like KiKi. But also her mother wore it to her wedding reception.

PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #703 on: October 26, 2015, 09:20:16 PM »

when did this happen?

lyndell75

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #704 on: October 26, 2015, 09:24:12 PM »