Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 325 326 [327]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kate - news and photos III  (Read 951741 times)
Ellie

Warned
Humongous Member

United States United States

wannabe Lesbaru driver

Ignore
« Reply #4890 on: June 13, 2019, 09:31:12 AM »

I agree FC. It's a good start that should have been done years ago. I like seeing Kate as she is as a person not William's perpetual hanger-on who seems to have subsumed herself into whatever he liked. It's good for her, and for the kids who will benefit from this. It's so important to go outside and be involved in the world. It made me wish I lived closer to places where I could make a den out of sticks and logs and things.
Future Crayon

Ginormous Member

Iceland Iceland

Sophie Winklestan

Ignore
« Reply #4891 on: June 13, 2019, 09:41:43 AM »

I agree FC. It's a good start that should have been done years ago. I like seeing Kate as she is as a person not William's perpetual hanger-on who seems to have subsumed herself into whatever he liked. It's good for her, and for the kids who will benefit from this. It's so important to go outside and be involved in the world. It made me wish I lived closer to places where I could make a den out of sticks and logs and things.

I wish I could make a den out of sticks and logs and things rather than working today, that's for sure.

Work rate aside (which was, is and will probably always be disappointing) it does feel like KP is a more effective team. I don't know if it's the new staff or a clearer sense of purpose, but messaging, organisation and even relations with the press just seem better.

No one cares about the UK horse parade
onar

Gigantic Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #4892 on: June 13, 2019, 10:03:36 AM »

The dress for the gala seems strange at the begining but, at the end of the day, I think it suits her and it is her posture that destroyes the proportions. The shoes and the hair doesn't match much the dress though. Black, or even red accessories would be better and her hair should be in a big updo or, maybe in a voluminous side ponytale.

Ktc

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #4893 on: June 13, 2019, 03:37:34 PM »

I actually like the dress  Secret and all of the pieces separately, but together I think they donít quite click.
QueenE

Mini Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #4894 on: June 13, 2019, 03:43:27 PM »

I disliked that white dress the first time she wore it and I still dislike it. Everyone's different, but I prefer it when she wears a-line skirts. Her hair looks pretty full tonight too. Reminds me of when I've sprayed mine full of dry shampoo.  
Future Crayon

Ginormous Member

Iceland Iceland

Sophie Winklestan

Ignore
« Reply #4895 on: June 14, 2019, 09:03:58 AM »

Kate was awarded the green Blue Peter badge

Oh and...

Future Crayon

Ginormous Member

Iceland Iceland

Sophie Winklestan

Ignore
« Reply #4896 on: June 14, 2019, 09:20:17 AM »

The full Blue Peter bit can be seen here: https://youtu.be/DhOeV9EmRBA

It is quite sweet

QueenE

Mini Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #4897 on: June 14, 2019, 02:04:38 PM »

Kate's really into the outdoorsy stuff lately - I'm just glad to see her picking up her workload a bit more.

Also, when I was 11, I remember Blue Peter came to my province in 1997 to cover the 500th anniversary celebrations of John Cabot landing in Newfoundland. I was volunteering as a junior ambassador for our capital city and had to dress in period clothes and attend events around the province for the celebrations. Blue Peter came over to cover the celebrations and interviewed me for the program, but as a Canadian, I didn't know anything about it, I'd never heard of the show. I remember at the end of the interview (after some research, I think Richard Bacon was the guy who interviewed me, because I remember he had a huge smile during the whole thing and had his face really close to mine during the interview and it weirded me out, haha) gave me a blue and white badge but I had no idea the significance of it, but was told it was a big deal. Smiley I still don't know much about it, but have since learned that it is a pretty big program in the UK - longest running children's program I think? Anyway, that's my experience with Blue Peter!

LarLa

Mini Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #4898 on: June 14, 2019, 03:25:56 PM »

Kate's really into the outdoorsy stuff lately - I'm just glad to see her picking up her workload a bit more.

Also, when I was 11, I remember Blue Peter came to my province in 1997 to cover the 500th anniversary celebrations of John Cabot landing in Newfoundland. I was volunteering as a junior ambassador for our capital city and had to dress in period clothes and attend events around the province for the celebrations. Blue Peter came over to cover the celebrations and interviewed me for the program, but as a Canadian, I didn't know anything about it, I'd never heard of the show. I remember at the end of the interview (after some research, I think Richard Bacon was the guy who interviewed me, because I remember he had a huge smile during the whole thing and had his face really close to mine during the interview and it weirded me out, haha) gave me a blue and white badge but I had no idea the significance of it, but was told it was a big deal. Smiley I still don't know much about it, but have since learned that it is a pretty big program in the UK - longest running children's program I think? Anyway, that's my experience with Blue Peter!

HEY! I'm also from Newfoundland!!! I was working for Parks Canada at Signal Hill that year and was there when the Queen unveiled a plaque! Do you still live here??? Also I wonder if we know each other IRL haha.
NAOTMAA

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #4899 on: Yesterday at 01:15:01 AM »

Hasn't Kate been patron of the scouts since like the very beginning of her royal career? I seem to recall her very first royal visit ever was some camp/hike thing for them and she bought Lupo with her. Don't they do a lot of outdoor activity/charity stuff? Why hasn't she done any of this type of stuff with them?

Kate being an outdoor/sporty type person has been known for years, even before her marriage, so its weird that they are only starting to do stuff like this now. You can tell just by the photos alone she's more in here element here then she has been at anything else they've got her attempting. I wonder what took them so long
Ellie

Warned
Humongous Member

wannabe Lesbaru driver

Ignore
« Reply #4900 on: Yesterday at 01:19:16 AM »

I think part of it is she could never identify or be good with children. She was always so awkward and ignored them or pushed them away. With Louis she seems more comfortable now with other people's children, and her own. Remember they tried to brand her the Children's Princess and it didn't work because of how awkward and stiff she was!

I think Sophie is more involved with the Scouts than Kate ever has been.
NAOTMAA

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #4901 on: Yesterday at 01:32:45 AM »

Yes they did mention very early on, shortly after her marriage, that her focus would be on young people and children. And yes her first visit to the scouts was very awkward. I remember instead of participating in their activity (whatever it was I can't remember) she was sitting off to the side on a log with Lupo. Maybe that's why they had her doing so much with the children's mental health thing. It was children related but she didn't actually have to sit down and communicate with children so they thought that was all good. 
danifaul

Big Member

sorry for my bad english

Ignore
« Reply #4902 on: Yesterday at 10:26:46 AM »

SARAH VINE: How Kate went from drab to fab! From eyebrows and pilates to a new style guru, our experts reveal the Duchess of Cambridge's secrets to looking sizzling
Something rather fabulous has happened to the Duchess of Cambridge. Gone is the strained expression, the spaniel hair, the too-short skirts and the frumpy country Sloane look.

Instead we see a woman in her prime: stylish, confident and positively radiant, nailing outfit after outfit in the style stakes ó and itís a joy to witness.

So where does this new Kate come from? My guess is she was probably there all along, just not quite fully formed.
Compared to Meghan, who seems determined to recast the Royal family as a platform for her own global domination, Kate is the perfect royal. Perhaps that is also why her style has become more elegant and confident: she feels it too.

That old uniform of girlish dresses, tan tights and nude heels has been replaced by dazzling super-chic outfits to satisfy even the most exacting fashionista ó and yet, in true Kate style ó she has done it without looking too try-hard or fashion obsessed.

There are few things more attractive than a confident, strong woman, and that is now the Kate we see before us.

https://www.dailymail.co....ets-looking-sizzling.html
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 10:34:23 AM by danifaul » Logged

Lady Liebe

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #4903 on: Yesterday at 04:34:23 PM »

SARAH VINE: How Kate went from drab to fab! From eyebrows and pilates to a new style guru, our experts reveal the Duchess of Cambridge's secrets to looking sizzling
Something rather fabulous has happened to the Duchess of Cambridge. Gone is the strained expression, the spaniel hair, the too-short skirts and the frumpy country Sloane look.

Instead we see a woman in her prime: stylish, confident and positively radiant, nailing outfit after outfit in the style stakes ó and itís a joy to witness.

So where does this new Kate come from? My guess is she was probably there all along, just not quite fully formed.
Compared to Meghan, who seems determined to recast the Royal family as a platform for her own global domination, Kate is the perfect royal. Perhaps that is also why her style has become more elegant and confident: she feels it too.

That old uniform of girlish dresses, tan tights and nude heels has been replaced by dazzling super-chic outfits to satisfy even the most exacting fashionista ó and yet, in true Kate style ó she has done it without looking too try-hard or fashion obsessed.

There are few things more attractive than a confident, strong woman, and that is now the Kate we see before us.

https://www.dailymail.co....ets-looking-sizzling.html

I wouldn't say sizzling, but she does look and behave better, all to the good.
Oh_Caroline

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #4904 on: Today at 10:24:36 PM »

So kind of OT but...

Here's an old documentary series (2015) on the Chelsea Pensioners; part of episode 2 covers the Flower Show.  I'm only 8 minutes in to episode 2 but I think it will give a nice behind the scenes look.  I know many were asking for more details on the flower show logistics.

https://www.forces.net/topic/chelseas-scarlet-army

Mods please feel free to move if this is more suited to a different thread.  Thanks.

Update: so not super great about the flower show but a great series no the less.
« Last Edit: Today at 10:40:52 PM by Oh_Caroline » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 325 326 [327]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: