Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 411 412 [413] 414 415 ... 432   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prince George of Cambridge - NEWS/Photos  (Read 1409109 times)
Duchess of Suffolk

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #6180 on: July 21, 2018, 11:54:47 PM »

Reportedly George won't know he's going to be king for a few more years

William and Kate are avoiding telling Prince George that he will be king so he can have a normal childhood.

Again, a newspaper releases a photo before KP does
« Last Edit: July 22, 2018, 12:04:23 AM by Duchess of Suffolk » Logged

Ellie

Warned
Humongous Member

United States United States

wannabe Lesbaru driver

Ignore
« Reply #6181 on: July 21, 2018, 11:56:59 PM »

Cutie pie. Nice to see a big smile and not anxiety. I think they must have been taken after the christening as it's the same outfit and brick like St James's or maybe later at Kensington Palace.

Not telling George seems a bit odd especially now that he's five but he is still young enough. He must know somehow he is very special and privileged even if it is in a limited sense.

writing angry fauxminist letters in the Lesbaru
luvcharles

Warned
Big Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #6182 on: July 22, 2018, 01:59:55 AM »

I remember reading that no one told Charles and he came to realise it by the time he was about 4.

I would be surprised if he hasn't figured it out - certainly to some extent. We know William was making threats like 'when I am King I will send you to the Tower' while he was still in nursery school.

He is at school and how they are stopping the other kids from making reference to him being King - and they will know themselves as well, especially as Lord Frederick's daughter is in the same grade if not class.

I doubt that he is that stupid that he doesn't realise that he is different to the other kids his age as he has meet Presidents and been on tours where people have called out to him and his parents. He has been on the balcony of BP and seen those amazing crowds. He sees images of his grandmother on money and in other places around the country.

It isn't so much when but how they tell him and help him come to understand what that means that is important.
Oh_Caroline

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #6183 on: July 22, 2018, 02:25:00 AM »

I remember reading that no one told Charles and he came to realise it by the time he was about 4.

I would be surprised if he hasn't figured it out - certainly to some extent. We know William was making threats like 'when I am King I will send you to the Tower' while he was still in nursery school.

He is at school and how they are stopping the other kids from making reference to him being King - and they will know themselves as well, especially as Lord Frederick's daughter is in the same grade if not class.

I doubt that he is that stupid that he doesn't realise that he is different to the other kids his age as he has meet Presidents and been on tours where people have called out to him and his parents. He has been on the balcony of BP and seen those amazing crowds. He sees images of his grandmother on money and in other places around the country.

It isn't so much when but how they tell him and help him come to understand what that means that is important.

Star Yes, yes, yes, a thousand times yes.
Ellie

Warned
Humongous Member

wannabe Lesbaru driver

Ignore
« Reply #6184 on: July 22, 2018, 02:59:57 AM »

Knowing William I can't imagine he would frame it as anything other than talking about the big bad mean world who won't let you do anything and everything you want forever for free and also the evil media...

casie

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #6185 on: July 22, 2018, 03:02:14 AM »

Happy Birthday, George!!  I hope you know how much you are loved.  
« Last Edit: July 22, 2018, 03:34:02 AM by casie » Logged
Chandrasekhi

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #6186 on: July 22, 2018, 10:58:44 AM »

Happy Birthday, sweet, wee George Hug . May your life be filled with joy, gratitude, love, reciprocity and achievement.
Hibou

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #6187 on: July 22, 2018, 02:15:41 PM »

Cutie pie. Nice to see a big smile and not anxiety. I think they must have been taken after the christening as it's the same outfit and brick like St James's or maybe later at Kensington Palace.

Not telling George seems a bit odd especially now that he's five but he is still young enough. He must know somehow he is very special and privileged even if it is in a limited sense.

At 5 kids are more aware than their parents think, not to mention that a classmate is most likely going to tell him first.  They need to break it down into little pieces introducing him to the concept first.  All they have to say is that some people like us have special jobs and are always going to be photographed where ever we go. It doesn't make us special but the work we do is very special.  You start there with a 5 year old. Eventually after that they will come to the parents and ask questions when they are ready. JMO.
freethespoon

Most Exalted Member

Official TeaSpoon of Royal Dish. Aka TrollSpoon.

Ignore
« Reply #6188 on: July 22, 2018, 02:48:53 PM »

Thing is, the work they do isn't very special.  The royals participate in ceremonies and cut ribbons and raise awareness.  It's an oddity in a world that has moved to meritocracy.  Back in the day, they actually had a role.  Now it's ceremonial.

I feel for these kids.  They are growing up in a world where the most respected and revered are that way because of what they do / what they achieve, not which family they were born into (which is precisely where they get their reverence).  For a sensitive child, it might be an even more difficult thing to deal with.

You can call me TrollSpoon.
Countess of Cows

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #6189 on: July 22, 2018, 03:10:40 PM »

Knowing William I can't imagine he would frame it as anything other than talking about the big bad mean world who won't let you do anything and everything you want forever for free and also the evil media...

Yes, that's how I imagine  he'll frame it too.  JMO but wouldn't it be better if he knew his future role and it was a normal thing to just grow up knowing, instead of some secret horrible thing that is going to happen to him?  Always be honest with children,  it's much easier for them to process. JMO

"I would sooner have you hate me for telling you the truth than adore me for telling you lies." Pietro Aretino

I would rather be hated for something I am, than loved for something I am not. -Bob Marley
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #6190 on: July 22, 2018, 06:31:16 PM »

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are very pleased to share a new photograph of Prince George to mark his fifth birthday thank you everyone for your lovely messages 🎈 📷 @mattporteous

I just cannot with the stupid clothes they dress this poor boy in.  Nope.  He looks ridiculous.
Ellie

Warned
Humongous Member

wannabe Lesbaru driver

Ignore
« Reply #6191 on: July 22, 2018, 09:39:20 PM »

The outfit seems pretty normal for the British upper classes for formal events but the Cambridges are all about the optics. George will never wear normal clothes in an official setting, ever, even if it is something private like a christening. They gotta look so very royal, remember!

pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #6192 on: July 22, 2018, 09:41:23 PM »

The outfit seems pretty normal for the British upper classes for formal events but the Cambridges are all about the optics. George will never wear normal clothes in an official setting, ever, even if it is something private like a christening. They gotta look so very royal, remember!

It might be a trend or the custom among a group of people, but that still doesn't mean it looks good.   Thumb down
Ghost

Small Member

Romania Romania

Ignore
« Reply #6193 on: July 22, 2018, 10:10:21 PM »

I like the way hes dressed. It is the last time well see him in a shirt with contrasting piping, hell be too big for it very soon.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2018, 10:56:18 PM by Ghost » Logged
Ellie

Warned
Humongous Member

wannabe Lesbaru driver

Ignore
« Reply #6194 on: July 22, 2018, 10:29:42 PM »

It might be a trend or the custom among a group of people, but that still doesn't mean it looks good.   Thumb down

I agree it looks silly though I do think the piped collars are sweet on little boys, especially with short overalls. I dressed my kiddo that way when he was smaller and it was so adorable. Better than the track pants and tank tops I see most boys wearing these days! I just find it weird they are so obsessive about their image as to dress the kids so old fashioned constantly, though we've seen paparazzi photos of the kids dressed more normally (well not Charlotte but George). I don't think the upper classes do it as much. It screams overcompensating/image, Middleton-style...

Pages: 1 ... 411 412 [413] 414 415 ... 432   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: