Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 412 413 [414] 415 416 ... 430   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prince George of Cambridge - NEWS/Photos  (Read 1383659 times)
freethespoon

Most Exalted Member

Official TeaSpoon of Royal Dish. Aka TrollSpoon.

Ignore
« Reply #6195 on: July 22, 2018, 10:43:06 PM »

Look the part, not be the part.

Runs in that branch of the family these days.

You can call me TrollSpoon.
Margaret

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #6196 on: July 23, 2018, 01:08:36 AM »

Look the part, not be the part.

Runs in that branch of the family these days.

Star Champagne
NAOTMAA

Medium Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #6197 on: July 23, 2018, 01:26:15 AM »

George is cute but its the exact same photo over and over, nothing new. The kid is 5 yet looking at all the official pictures you would never know that. It's interchangeable with every other photo officially released of him. Why not a picture with his favorite toy or book? Something that shows he's growing up and getting older. Except for the fact that its obvious he's bigger and older there isn't anything.

I image when he hits the next birthday milestones (10/16/21) and the papers do a photo timeline his future subjects won't have anything to go by that makes them feel like they know him. No great images to make them attach themselves to him emotionally. The photos are a complete blank slate that show nothing about George. It's not exactly a great example of propaganda (because that's what it is) done well. 

And posing in front of a brick wall, really? Crazy
NAOTMAA

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #6198 on: July 23, 2018, 01:27:26 AM »

Charles and his siblings were born during a time when the monarchy was still revered. William and Harry got attention because their mother was a global superstar and her death made people emotionally attached. George doesn't have any of that. Pictures like that will only make people even more indifferent to the monarchy which is the last thing they want   
« Last Edit: July 23, 2018, 01:35:26 AM by NAOTMAA » Logged
NAOTMAA

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #6199 on: July 23, 2018, 01:28:35 AM »

sorry double post  Blush
Margaret

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #6200 on: July 23, 2018, 01:33:10 AM »

George is cute but its the exact same photo over and over, nothing new. The kid is 5 yet looking at all the official pictures you would never know that. It's interchangeable with every other photo officially released of him. Why not a picture with his favorite toy or book? Something that shows he's growing up and getting older. Except for the fact that its obvious he's bigger and older there isn't anything.

I image when he hits the next birthday milestones (10/16/21) and the papers do a photo timeline his future subjects won't have anything to go by that makes them feel like they know him. No great images to make them attach themselves to him emotionally. The photos are a complete blank slate that show nothing about George. It's not exactly a great example of propaganda (because that's what it is) done well.  

Totally intentional, I'm sure.  Can't give away anything personal about the child.  Must keep his true personality and likes and dislikes a secret.

The brick wall does seem to be a poor choice of background for a celebratory photograph, especially for a child who is dressed like that.  Maybe it was totally intentional, to highlight the contrast between the commonplace and the bluest of blue royal blood in the form of the boy who will one day be king.  Or maybe it's just due to laziness and lack of forethought.  
NAOTMAA

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #6201 on: July 23, 2018, 01:38:15 AM »

Totally intentional, I'm sure.  Can't give away anything personal about the child.  Must keep his true personality and likes and dislikes a secret. .

so that's what the brick wall symbolizes then. To keep us peasants out 

message received  Roll Eyes
Margaret

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #6202 on: July 23, 2018, 01:39:51 AM »

Totally intentional, I'm sure.  Can't give away anything personal about the child.  Must keep his true personality and likes and dislikes a secret. .

so that's what the brick wall symbolizes then   

message received  Roll Eyes

I hadn't thought of that.  Could be.    I am leaning towards lack of forethought though.
Barrie

Most Exalted Member

Canada Canada

Rufus loves Royal Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #6203 on: July 23, 2018, 02:17:04 AM »

Children change so much, it is hard to figure out who he looks like but the Middleton genes are strong.
Antevorta

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #6204 on: July 23, 2018, 02:25:44 AM »

Considering George was the target of an ISIS plot, if William and Kate prefer to keep his childhood somewhat private and his official pictures rather bland, Iím okay with that.
Ellie

Warned
Humongous Member

wannabe Lesbaru driver

Ignore
« Reply #6205 on: July 23, 2018, 02:39:53 AM »

Totally intentional, I'm sure.  Can't give away anything personal about the child.  Must keep his true personality and likes and dislikes a secret. .

so that's what the brick wall symbolizes then. To keep us peasants out 

message received  Roll Eyes

I don't think they are that bright to think of that but it really seems that way.

William hated having any semblance of publicity in his childhood. So he is punishing everyone this way by making sure the people who pay for himself, and his spendthrift wife, and their children, do not know them.

A private life is well and good. But there needs to be a balance. There is not here. And it makes me worried for George in some ways--judging by the way his parents have a history of complaining about him, and his anxiety, seemingly shy nature, along with Charlotte's comments about the press (not paparazzi but the real press; those the RF needs to survive) and the looks she gave them quite reminiscent of William. And we know how awful William is in his behavior even as a grown man.
editorathome
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Bouvet Island Bouvet Island

Ignore
« Reply #6206 on: July 23, 2018, 03:23:29 AM »

A private life is well and good. But there needs to be a balance. There is not here. And it makes me worried for George in some ways--judging by the way his parents have a history of complaining about him
I can think of many times when that asshat William said negative things about George (no doubt he thought he was being funny but, ummm, wrong ). But tbh, off the top of my head I can't recall Kate complaining about him. Although my memory certainly isn't perfect.
Antevorta

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #6207 on: July 23, 2018, 03:32:34 AM »

An article from Katie Nicholl/Vanity Fair about Georgeís fifth birthday:

https://www.vanityfair.co...ge-fifth-birthday-details
Ellie

Warned
Humongous Member

wannabe Lesbaru driver

Ignore
« Reply #6208 on: July 23, 2018, 04:06:36 AM »

A private life is well and good. But there needs to be a balance. There is not here. And it makes me worried for George in some ways--judging by the way his parents have a history of complaining about him
I can think of many times when that asshat William said negative things about George (no doubt he thought he was being funny but, ummm, wrong ). But tbh, off the top of my head I can't recall Kate complaining about him. Although my memory certainly isn't perfect.

I'd have to do some Googling but I clearly recall Kate saying some sort of complaining-mother kinda stuff, which I get having a kid about George's age; it's not nearly as nasty as William has been about his own child, trying to be funny, but it really isn't funny. Makes me want to deck William in the face, honestly, but people are sycophants and laugh.

George seems like a shy, sensitive, sweet little lad. Reminds me still of stories about Charles as a youngster though hopefully George is more confident and secure in himself!
NAOTMAA

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #6209 on: July 23, 2018, 05:24:14 AM »

An article from Katie Nicholl/Vanity Fair about Georgeís fifth birthday:

https://www.vanityfair.co...ge-fifth-birthday-details

so George's 5th birthday will supposedly be spent on a private island (how shocking normal  Roll Eyes) because mommy is desperate for a "proper" vacation (because she's work so so hard  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes) far away from all relatives and any friends/children his own age. Sounds rather isolating  No

I don't have a problem with them spending his actual birthday day with the core family only but where are the little parties with his classmates that he's supposedly popular with or the royal cousins his age that he's supposedly close to? I hope there was something more then just Mustique with his parents and younger siblings  Crap

I love how Katie Nicholl probably doesn't realize how inconsistent her article is. First she say George's birthday will be spent on an exotic, luxurious, exclusive, private island and then goes on about how he's being raised as normal as possible. Because the two clearly go hand and hand!  Cool 
Pages: 1 ... 412 413 [414] 415 416 ... 430   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: