Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 442 443 [444] 445   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prince George of Cambridge - NEWS/Photos  (Read 1533102 times)
Athena

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #6645 on: July 31, 2020, 08:12:41 AM »

Maybe itís just me, but I find it a tad (okay more than a tad) distasteful to dish on the physical features and clothing choices of a 7 year old.

Again thatís just me.

Besides, that camo hasnít been used since the early 2000s in regards to the military. Itís now used primarily by hunters in woodland areas.

As a southerner, I definitely equate camouflage with hunting and not war.

Now back to George. I hope he had a wonderful birthday with lots of cake and ice cream Icecream

We see a good bit of both real camo and Army green around here because we have a National Guard base nearby.

Plenty of hunters wear it too, but that blaze orange vest or coat tends to detract from it's purpose. Half and half I guess!

Fwiw, I understand that the Blaze Orange isn't seen by game animals as we would see it (it may appear brown or grey to them), but it makes the wearer more visible to other hunters.
lynaH

Micro Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #6646 on: July 31, 2020, 03:19:55 PM »

Maybe itís just me, but I find it a tad (okay more than a tad) distasteful to dish on the physical features and clothing choices of a 7 year old.

Again thatís just me.

Besides, that camo hasnít been used since the early 2000s in regards to the military. Itís now used primarily by hunters in woodland areas.

As a southerner, I definitely equate camouflage with hunting and not war.

Now back to George. I hope he had a wonderful birthday with lots of cake and ice cream Icecream

We see a good bit of both real camo and Army green around here because we have a National Guard base nearby.

Plenty of hunters wear it too, but that blaze orange vest or coat tends to detract from it's purpose. Half and half I guess!

Fwiw, I understand that the Blaze Orange isn't seen by game animals as we would see it (it may appear brown or grey to them), but it makes the wearer more visible to other hunters.
Thank you so much for that explanation. I've always wondered.
Ghost

Small Member

Romania Romania

Ignore
« Reply #6647 on: August 10, 2020, 08:25:09 AM »

https://www.instagram.com...niQx/?igshid=ciqoos5cxfds

OMG, at first I thought it was an edit and that behind Margaret was our George!
KimmySue

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #6648 on: August 14, 2020, 04:42:34 AM »

https://www.instagram.com...niQx/?igshid=ciqoos5cxfds

OMG, at first I thought it was an edit and that behind Margaret was our George!

Wow! The resemblance is strong in that pic.
esther angeline

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #6649 on: August 15, 2020, 04:19:04 AM »

Those stealth Windsor genes  Spiteful
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #6650 on: August 21, 2020, 01:57:38 PM »

Those stealth Windsor genes  Spiteful

Laughing
lynaH

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #6651 on: September 09, 2020, 01:47:32 PM »

George and Charlotte started school yesterday. I guess we only get pictures of the first day of school, not the first day each year. It makes sense, I suppose, George was clearly uncomfortable the last two years, and it's not right to make his first day an ordeal for him. Still it would have been nice to release a picture taken by Kate. Though he's of the age where he might object to that as well, and it's probably wiser not to force the issue.
Oh_Caroline

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #6652 on: September 09, 2020, 03:18:27 PM »

George and Charlotte started school yesterday. I guess we only get pictures of the first day of school, not the first day each year. It makes sense, I suppose, George was clearly uncomfortable the last two years, and it's not right to make his first day an ordeal for him. Still it would have been nice to release a picture taken by Kate. Though he's of the age where he might object to that as well, and it's probably wiser not to force the issue.

It was the same for William and Harry...first day of a new school photos/press call not first day of every school year.  I can see the pros and cons of each but they are following the BRF standard protocol. 

Can't can't remember...the Danish Royal Family does first day of each year photo calls but does anyone else?
Thistle

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #6653 on: September 09, 2020, 03:23:24 PM »

IIRC, The Danish only did "first day of new school", not annual photoshoots.

In spain, Leonor and her sister are photographed at the start of every school year. But they are photographed regurlaly coming in/out of school.

Reading can seriously damage your ignorance
lynaH

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #6654 on: September 09, 2020, 03:32:32 PM »

It was the same for William and Harry...first day of a new school photos/press call not first day of every school year.  I can see the pros and cons of each but they are following the BRF standard protocol. 

Can't can't remember...the Danish Royal Family does first day of each year photo calls but does anyone else?
Oh I know but I was hoping for pictures this year as a sign of the country going back to normal, encouraging people it's safe to send kids back to school....
A lot of people don't trust what the government says and have said they will only believe it's safe to send kids back to school if the royals do it first.
A press call would have been too much, but releasing a picture would have been nice.

Ok and I've realized I'm just coming up with reasons why they should have released a picture. The true reason is because the kids are cute and I like seeing them.
Barrie

Most Exalted Member

Canada Canada

Rufus loves Royal Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #6655 on: September 09, 2020, 03:50:59 PM »

Hope they both have a great year.
Lady Liebe

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #6656 on: September 09, 2020, 04:10:05 PM »

Since Louis turns three this year we will get a picture of him on his first day of preschool, so we do have that to look forward to.

That said I hope both children have a marvelous year.

Compassion without truth isn't love, it's flattery. Love not only weeps, it also speaks.   Reagan Rose
Aubiette

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #6657 on: September 09, 2020, 04:10:43 PM »

I was really hoping for pics too. Taken by Kate, not a photo call.  Cry
TLLK

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #6658 on: September 09, 2020, 04:30:26 PM »

I believe that the Belgians used to do an annual first day of school photocall with both Phil and Til taking the children to school.
SvenskaSarah

Medium Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #6659 on: September 09, 2020, 10:10:08 PM »

I believe that the Belgians used to do an annual first day of school photocall with both Phil and Til taking the children to school.

I think Spain does too? I saw one of Leonor earlier (it may have been her or Sofia, I was quickly scrolling!)
Pages: 1 ... 442 443 [444] 445   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: