Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 409 410 [411] 412 413 ... 430   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prince George of Cambridge - NEWS/Photos  (Read 1383662 times)
Molly2101

Huge Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #6150 on: November 22, 2017, 07:28:30 PM »

I feel like Charlotte has 4 dresses that she just wears every day in rotation....

They are super cute kids though and I quite like George's shyness as I feel Charlotte makes up for that.

"All my heart is yours, sir: it belongs to you; and with you it would remain, were fate to exile the rest of me from your presence forever." Jane Eyre, Charlotte Bronte.
Oh_Caroline

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #6151 on: April 24, 2018, 01:32:23 AM »

Hey all following the birth of Baby Cambridge I got to thinking about George and his reaction/behavior when around the media.   Now I don't think there's anything wrong with him (please don't go there) but I worry how his is almost always down in the dumps when on official outings.

I keep track of how often we get official photos of the kids and official outings.   In spring 2014 he was perfectly fine mostly because he was a baby and had no idea what was going on.   May and July 2015, for Charlotte's birth and christening, he was overwhelmed/terrified because he had no clue what was going on and people he did not know were very close and calling out to him.   I will never forget how angry I felt at how W&K handled it.   Going to the hospital was completely unnecessary as Kate and Charlotte were released shortly after and the christening walk was just ridiculous.   

He was fairly happy at the air show in summer 2016, once they put his ear protectors on him, as he was distracted and the press was farther away.   In Canada (fall 2016) and Germany/Poland (summer 2017) is where grumpy George really came out during the arrivals and departures (and where my concern began).   First day of school (fall 2017) is was a bit better as the press was farther away.   

Today he was again very grumpy looking.   Granted he could have been tired from school but if he was they the hospital appearance was really unnecessary as Kate and baby went home an hourish later.

I worry that he is being taught the wrong things about the press.   Williams hatred might be rubbing off on George.   When William was very young his parents had press calls and little William was able to meet the press on his own terms.   This should be done with George (Charlotte and baby as well).   If George knows how cameras work and meets various photographers then he may develop an understanding of the true relationship between press and royals (not that they killed his gran).   

George needs his own Arthur Edwards (or several); people he can pick out of the crowd and feel comfortable with.   Also W&K need to realize that if the children are only out at big events it may cause fear to build up (the noise and crowds have to be scary for young kids).   As George is not quite 5 there is still time to help him but if W&K are to into their privacy I worry that George will never have a good working relationship with the press.

Side note--William rode in a carriage at Trooping for the first time in 1987 so hopefully George will ride this year at Trooping.
cordtx

Warned
Ginormous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #6152 on: April 24, 2018, 01:52:55 AM »

Yes, I definitely think there is time but he does seem very shy and scared with the press.
But it just might be his age, where toddlers like Char and the Monocco twins are oblivious to fear.
Ellie

Warned
Humongous Member

wannabe Lesbaru driver

Ignore
« Reply #6153 on: April 24, 2018, 03:18:49 AM »

I think between William's abject hatred for the press (I wonder what he tells his kids), and George's personality which seems very like Charles (shy, gentle), it must be rough for the little guy. I think hiding them away is not helping. George must get used to it, accept it, and not turn into his father. It must have been overwhelming for him today as it has been in the past because he is not used to it. I think they are hidden away not because of protecting them, but William's paranoia and hatred of the media which started when he was George's age. I don't want to see that with George.
Athena

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #6154 on: April 24, 2018, 07:10:39 AM »

I think I could see a little shy smile on George's face as he walked with head down to the hospital entrance.

I really think he's just extremely shy - and that's alright. He's still only 4 years old!
lizzie78

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #6155 on: April 24, 2018, 09:11:08 AM »

I think he's probably naturally very shy and reserved, which is fine, I thunk he looks very sweet and want to hug him each time I see him! But really he has only been exposed to these big crowds of photographers a handful of times in his whole life and he can't remember most of those times. We rarely see him, so he's just not used to having a camera in his face. I know that he will have to get used to it one day, but I'm kinda glad that he's not just yet JMO
Lady Lurker

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #6156 on: April 24, 2018, 09:20:59 AM »

I think he's probably naturally very shy and reserved, which is fine, I thunk he looks very sweet and want to hug him each time I see him! But really he has only been exposed to these big crowds of photographers a handful of times in his whole life and he can't remember most of those times. We rarely see him, so he's just not used to having a camera in his face. I know that he will have to get used to it one day, but I'm kinda glad that he's not just yet JMO

I see his Grandmother, Diana, in his gestures.  He lowers his head and looks through his lashes just as she did. 
He is obviously shy.  Poor boy, he has such expectations laid on his shoulders. Charlotte, on the other hand, has all the freedom of the second child and the only girl.
Every child has their own personality.  It will be interesting to see how Cambridge #3 develops.
Suzerain
Banned
Warned
Humongous Member

Heard Island and McDonald Islands Heard Island and McDonald Islands

Did you know some snakes have retractable fangs?

Ignore
« Reply #6157 on: April 24, 2018, 10:03:05 AM »

I see his Grandmother, Diana, in his gestures.  He lowers his head and looks through his lashes just as she did. 
He is obviously shy.  Poor boy, he has such expectations laid on his shoulders. Charlotte, on the other hand, has all the freedom of the second child and the only girl.
Every child has their own personality.  It will be interesting to see how Cambridge #3 develops.

He does do the same thing as grandma! I think shyness runs on both sides of his family. George VI was very shy too. I hope his namesake will avoid the difficulties he had and his family will be able to help him get used to the attention.

George is a very cute kid and I love it that he seems to be a good big brother. Wrapping his arm around his sister when entering the hospital was heartwarming.  I look forward to seeing how the kids will interact with their brother once he grows up a bit. I hope they will have a close bond and grow up to be the best of friends. Even with siblings, that is not always the case.

GoodGollyMissMolly

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #6158 on: May 24, 2018, 12:19:16 AM »

I will never ever blame or scold W&K fo keeping him and his siblings hidden awayz

People are psycho: https://news.sky.com/stor...oison-ice-creams-11383139
Margaret

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #6159 on: May 24, 2018, 02:44:36 AM »

I will never ever blame or scold W&K fo keeping him and his siblings hidden awayz

Shocked   This person sure as hell is!  And very dangerous.  Lock him away and throw away the key.  
Countess of Cows

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #6160 on: May 31, 2018, 03:38:37 PM »

http://www.msn.com/en-us/...ges/ar-AAy3OpX?li=BBnb7Kz

A British man who suggested Islamist militants should target 4-year-old Prince George ó destined to be Britain's future king ó pleaded guilty to terrorism offenses on Thursday

"I would sooner have you hate me for telling you the truth than adore me for telling you lies." Pietro Aretino

I would rather be hated for something I am, than loved for something I am not. -Bob Marley
imqrious

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #6161 on: June 01, 2018, 01:42:30 AM »

There was just another report on CNN an hour ago about a one of these POSs against George - this Isis member calling on others  to target (CNN saying target means to kill/kidnap) George and other royal kids, and that now with all the hoopla of HM wedding, Eugenie's wedding, they will all be more front and center.  The publishing of George's school details are beyond chilling.  While I love seeing pics and hearing about the kids, I can more and more understand WK's reluctance to have published pics of the kids, and bringing them out front and center unless in controlled instances.  So sadly, there are a lot of nuts out there that think nothing of harming the kids.
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #6162 on: June 01, 2018, 07:22:37 AM »

There was just another report on CNN an hour ago about a one of these POSs against George - this Isis member calling on others  to target (CNN saying target means to kill/kidnap) George and other royal kids, and that now with all the hoopla of HM wedding, Eugenie's wedding, they will all be more front and center.  The publishing of George's school details are beyond chilling.  While I love seeing pics and hearing about the kids, I can more and more understand WK's reluctance to have published pics of the kids, and bringing them out front and center unless in controlled instances.  So sadly, there are a lot of nuts out there that think nothing of harming the kids.

I feel sorry for them that they have to deal with that. Obviously this is the price you are paying for being in that position. The problem is that no matter how careful you are, there are limits to the security measures you can take. It might also cause problems in school (other parents taking their kids out, good teachers leaving for security reasons ....)
Mjo

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #6163 on: June 01, 2018, 03:35:49 PM »

Oh Gosh!  Royals lead lives of luxury, but I can't imagine how terrifying it is for a mother to hear about these insane threats to her children. That's one of the drawbacks of being Royal.
Ktc

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #6164 on: June 01, 2018, 08:17:20 PM »

This is so disturbing on many levels. I canít even imagine having to deal with this. How frightening.
Pages: 1 ... 409 410 [411] 412 413 ... 430   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: