Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 420 421 [422] 423 424   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prince George of Cambridge - NEWS/Photos  (Read 1351633 times)
anastasia beaverhausen

Huge Member

United States United States

Gone Too Soon!

Ignore
« Reply #6315 on: April 15, 2019, 03:58:47 PM »

Mostly likely staged but very subtle...the best PR is.  I just had this conservation [sic] with my mother about recent photos of the Queen riding and Philip carriage driving at Windsor.  Two out sets of very subtle PR photos the Cambridge's are re-enforcing the peaceful family unit (that gets along with others) and the Queen and Philip's show that both are still in good health and enjoying life.  This is how you do effective PR...others should take note.    ...

These are the sorts of pictures that the majority of people connect to because they look like their own family photos of similar outings. I suppose that Kate has fond memories of fairs and events that feature activities that are attractive to children, remind her of her childhood and want her children to experience that. (Will not so much but he goes along.)

Many of the pictures are uncredited. W&K know that when they attend a public event like this one they'll be photographed, just as I expect to be photographed at a public event. There is no control over that. And it is that sense of seeing them in an unguarded moment, much as we've seen ourselves at events, that makes them seem more like 'us.' And that is the hook that makes the connection to the populace. W&K should take advantage of that more often than they do. It is their generation and the one younger than them that they need connect to when/if Will becomes king.

Exactly right.  If this monarchy survives it will be due to relatability, not celebrity.

And Happy Tax Day!
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #6316 on: April 15, 2019, 08:00:59 PM »

a question:

why does Kate's hands looks scrubbed all the time...like red- raw scrubbed all the time.

has anyone else noticed this too ? Blink

G Blink

Scrubbing floors, washing dishes, scrubbing pots and pans, hand-washing the children's clothes to get rid of grass stains, etc.  You know:  all the stuff ordinary mothers and housewives do.  She's just one of us, after all.  Normal Kate.  And don't forget all that digging in the potato garden.  Tongue

I have eczema. My hands look rather horribly red most of them time, even without do much practical housework Beer Sometimes a duck is just a duck.
Also Kate is obviously quite a hands on mother. My guess is she washes her hands quite a lot.
karma chamelion

Large Member

Harry 'Hotspur' Percy

Ignore
« Reply #6317 on: April 15, 2019, 08:46:26 PM »

a question:

why does Kate's hands looks scrubbed all the time...like red- raw scrubbed all the time.

has anyone else noticed this too ? Blink

G Blink

Scrubbing floors, washing dishes, scrubbing pots and pans, hand-washing the children's clothes to get rid of grass stains, etc.  You know:  all the stuff ordinary mothers and housewives do.  She's just one of us, after all.  Normal Kate.  And don't forget all that digging in the potato garden.  Tongue

I have eczema. My hands look rather horribly red most of them time, even without do much practical housework Beer Sometimes a duck is just a duck.
Also Kate is obviously quite a hands on mother. My guess is she washes her hands quite a lot.

Mine too, Maria. Hug Nothing to do about it, just the way we're built. It sucks having problematic skin.

"The pen is mightier than the sword" - Edward Bulwer-Lytton
NAOTMAA

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #6318 on: April 16, 2019, 01:09:03 AM »

Mostly likely staged but very subtle...the best PR is.  I just had this conservation with my mother about recent photos of the Queen riding and Philip carriage driving at Windsor.  Two out sets of very subtle PR photos the Cambridge's are re-enforcing the peaceful family unit (that gets along with others) and the Queen and Philip's show that both are still in good health and enjoying life.  This is how you do effective PR...others should take note.

Oh the younger Tindall is Lena.

I agree what you say about Philip and the Queen but I can't with the Cambridges. I'd agree if scenes like this were common occurrences but they aren't, they're extremely rare. I mean when was the last time you saw William, Kate, George AND Charlotte all together at an event that wasn't official? Sometimes you see the children with Kate in a casual atmosphere (even those are kind of rare) but never with William. It coincidentally happened only now with all those odd rumors and gossip about William having an affair that strangely is hitting the main press who normally don't cover the royals constantly. 

I'd call it subtle PR for those who don't royal watch (although some might be smart enough realize it and put the pieces together). But for those who do follow, and know the patterns, this move by the Cambridges is basically an in your face sledgehammer.
Oh_Caroline

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #6319 on: April 16, 2019, 01:29:27 AM »

Mostly likely staged but very subtle...the best PR is.  I just had this conservation with my mother about recent photos of the Queen riding and Philip carriage driving at Windsor.  Two out sets of very subtle PR photos the Cambridge's are re-enforcing the peaceful family unit (that gets along with others) and the Queen and Philip's show that both are still in good health and enjoying life.  This is how you do effective PR...others should take note.

I agree what you say about Philip and the Queen but I can't with the Cambridges. I'd agree if scenes like this were common occurrences but they aren't, they're extremely rare. I mean when was the last time you saw William, Kate, George AND Charlotte all together at an event that wasn't official? Sometimes you see the children with Kate in a casual atmosphere (even those are kind of rare) but never with William. It coincidentally happened only now with all those odd rumors and gossip about William having an affair that strangely is hitting the main press who normally don't cover the royals constantly. 

I'd call it subtle PR for those who don't royal watch (although some might be smart enough realize it and put the pieces together). But for those who do follow, and know the patterns, this move by the Cambridges is basically an in your face sledgehammer.

I totally get what you're saying.  For the Cambridges I don't go by frequency but rather by recent headlines and rumors...IMO this fits their MO ugly rumors or bad headlines means photos of the kids.  And yeah totally sledgehammer moment.  I wonder if George and Charlotte will be brought out for Easter just to drive the PR move home.
DebbieB

Humongous Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Debbers and Bruners. (Thanks Pomme)

Ignore
« Reply #6320 on: April 16, 2019, 10:28:03 AM »

Absolutely.  Star Youíve hit the nail on the head with this. I was expecting a good old family outing after the past few weeks and they didnít disappoint. Iím just shocked they didnít bring Louis along to the visit.  Thinking

"The great thing about Diana, is she always looked her bestó you never saw her slumped in the backseat of a car with legs akimbo." Tina Brown
Ellie

Warned
Humongous Member

wannabe Lesbaru driver

Ignore
« Reply #6321 on: April 16, 2019, 10:45:17 AM »

I hope we'll see a picture of little Louis for his birthday. Imagine how much he's grown. That's the problem with the Cambridges, they only use showing their children off when it benefits them as a unit for the PR. People want a bit more considering how much they pay for them. Releasing a few photos a year isn't bad, is it?
Future Crayon

Ginormous Member

Iceland Iceland

Sophie Winklestan

Ignore
« Reply #6322 on: April 16, 2019, 10:56:05 AM »

I hope we'll see a picture of little Louis for his birthday. Imagine how much he's grown. That's the problem with the Cambridges, they only use showing their children off when it benefits them as a unit for the PR. People want a bit more considering how much they pay for them. Releasing a few photos a year isn't bad, is it?

I would LOVE a few more seasonal pictures - Easter, a proper Christmas picture, etc. It'd also be a nice if they could find a couple of annual UK events for George to be visible at, such as the Air Tattoo, or the children's Prom.

I can appreciate that they want privacy, but they are also raising a royal heir and I think most of us can see the difference in visibility between the Cambridge kids in the UK, and the Cambridge kids on official tours.

Both Sweden and Belgium demonstrate ways of balancing family privacy with preparing children for future roles in a very supportive way

No one cares about the UK horse parade
minimoos

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #6323 on: April 25, 2019, 03:59:35 PM »

I would LOVE a few more seasonal pictures - Easter, a proper Christmas picture, etc. It'd also be a nice if they could find a couple of annual UK events for George to be visible at, such as the Air Tattoo, or the children's Prom.

I can appreciate that they want privacy, but they are also raising a royal heir and I think most of us can see the difference in visibility between the Cambridge kids in the UK, and the Cambridge kids on official tours.

Both Sweden and Belgium demonstrate ways of balancing family privacy with preparing children for future roles in a very supportive way

Iíve often mentioned Sweden as a good example of raising heirs. Spain as well. Iím not as concerned for him now as I was when we saw one non-official photo of George a year and he looked terrified of the commotion.
danifaul

Big Member

sorry for my bad english

Ignore
« Reply #6324 on: May 20, 2019, 08:34:30 PM »

Video: George, Charlotte and Louis enjoy day out at Back to Nature Garden
https://www.dailymail.co....oy-day-Nature-Garden.html

Prince George, Charlotte and Louis join Chelsea Flower Show fun after helping Duchess of Cambridge build her wonderland garden
https://www.telegraph.co....-flower-show-fun-helping/

Kate Middleton and Prince William Share New Photos of Prince George, Princess Charlotte, and Prince Louis
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge took the children to see the garden Kate designed at the Chelsea Flower Show.

https://www.townandcountr...otos-chelsea-flower-show/

cred-thecambridgees-bookgeekroyalist.t

Lille

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #6325 on: May 20, 2019, 08:43:26 PM »

They all look good. And look at little Louis walking .... awww Smiley
danifaul

Big Member

sorry for my bad english

Ignore
« Reply #6326 on: May 27, 2019, 06:28:55 AM »

Prince George Has Some Thoughts About Mom Kate Middletonís Garden
https://www.vogue.com/art...mom-kate-middleton-garden

'I think Mummy's done well!' Adorable Prince George is full of praise for his mother Kate's Chelsea Flower Show garden, scoring it an 'amazing' 20 out of 10

In an adorable video shared by Kensington Palace on Twitter, Prince George is seen playing with the swing in his mother's garden and chatting with his dad, Prince William.   
When asked by his proud father to score the Back To Nature garden out of ten, the youngster did not hesitate to give it 'twenty'.
Prince William, who appears pleased with the answer, laughs and replies: 'Twenty! That's pretty good. I think Mummy's done well.'
https://www.dailymail.co....-Flower-garden-20-10.html

CathyJane

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #6327 on: May 28, 2019, 04:16:07 AM »

George is turning into a real cutie!
Future Crayon

Ginormous Member

Iceland Iceland

Sophie Winklestan

Ignore