Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Alexandra in Trouble  (Read 47293 times)
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: November 05, 2013, 08:57:49 PM »

I like Trine. She's - IMO - very smart and a good writer. She writes about the DRF is a very blod manner - lots of people in DK knows what Trine knows but they don't have the balls to write it. She does however use certain tricks to get attention and it's not - again IMO - that pretty. I guess it's hard to avoid if you're that kind of writer. Also I think she simply doesn't like Alex, which is fair enough. I do think she's blind to the racism in using the "duchess from Hong Kong". Most in Denmark will be blind to that one. Sadly Dead

I think alot of people use phrases like that unthinkingly.  There is absolutely no reason for her to use that phrase except as a slur. What does Alex's homeland have to do with her receiving money from the Danes.  Other than the implication that Alex is a foreigner stealing kroner. 

If the Danes really want to rid themselves of a slurper, they ought to look at Mary.  Every year, her expenses grow, but her calendar doesn't.

but Mary is actually married to the Crownprince (for now), but IMO  it seems Alexandra does nothing to earn her money.

"Seems" would be the key word here. She does work, not very much but she does work. The whole problem is - I'm repeating myself - the DRF not so much Alexandra herself. IMO it's sort of tacky to go after Alex only. Giving her a nickname doesn't help - it cheapens the cause.

Alex is an easy target, which makes me wonder if she's starting with her in the hopes of moving on.
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #166 on: November 05, 2013, 09:05:28 PM »

I like Trine. She's - IMO - very smart and a good writer. She writes about the DRF is a very blod manner - lots of people in DK knows what Trine knows but they don't have the balls to write it. She does however use certain tricks to get attention and it's not - again IMO - that pretty. I guess it's hard to avoid if you're that kind of writer. Also I think she simply doesn't like Alex, which is fair enough. I do think she's blind to the racism in using the "duchess from Hong Kong". Most in Denmark will be blind to that one. Sadly Dead

I think alot of people use phrases like that unthinkingly.  There is absolutely no reason for her to use that phrase except as a slur. What does Alex's homeland have to do with her receiving money from the Danes.  Other than the implication that Alex is a foreigner stealing kroner. 

If the Danes really want to rid themselves of a slurper, they ought to look at Mary.  Every year, her expenses grow, but her calendar doesn't.

but Mary is actually married to the Crownprince (for now), but IMO  it seems Alexandra does nothing to earn her money.

"Seems" would be the key word here. She does work, not very much but she does work. The whole problem is - I'm repeating myself - the DRF not so much Alexandra herself. IMO it's sort of tacky to go after Alex only. Giving her a nickname doesn't help - it cheapens the cause.

Alex is an easy target, which makes me wonder if she's starting with her in the hopes of moving on.

She really is the easy target. And people get to vent their frustration with the DRF in a non-dangerous manner. TBH it leaves me with a bad  taste in my mouth. No, Alex really should get the money but it's NOT because of her - it's ALL the DRF.
Jonathan

Gigantic Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Life's hard being fabulous

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: November 05, 2013, 11:05:15 PM »

How many Kr to the . It's confusing to see these huge amounts and not put them  into our own currency.

Advice to my Brother on his wedding day

Never say

I know you do
I've had better
Did you say something
whimsicalwriter
Board Helper
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: November 05, 2013, 11:44:11 PM »

How many Kr to the . It's confusing to see these huge amounts and not put them  into our own currency.
1 million kroner is about 112k british pounds or 134k euro
freethespoon

Most Exalted Member

Official TeaSpoon of Royal Dish. Aka TrollSpoon.

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: November 05, 2013, 11:54:11 PM »

I think alot of people use phrases like that unthinkingly.  There is absolutely no reason for her to use that phrase except as a slur. What does Alex's homeland have to do with her receiving money from the Danes.  Other than the implication that Alex is a foreigner stealing kroner.  

If the Danes really want to rid themselves of a slurper, they ought to look at Mary.  Every year, her expenses grow, but her calendar doesn't.

but Mary is actually married to the Crownprince (for now), but IMO  it seems Alexandra does nothing to earn her money.

She really is the easy target. And people get to vent their frustration with the DRF in a non-dangerous manner. TBH it leaves me with a bad  taste in my mouth. No, Alex really should get the money but it's NOT because of her - it's ALL the DRF.

It's almost like she wants to smack the DRF in the face but won't / can't so goes after Alex.

I have no opinion on whether Alex should or shouldn't get that money.  But it seems yuck to go after her when the settlement was proposed by the DRF and accepted by the politicians.  Take it up with them, I say.  And keep the dog whistle out of it.

You can call me TrollSpoon.
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #170 on: November 05, 2013, 11:56:51 PM »

It's almost like she wants to smack the DRF in the face but won't / can't so goes after Alex.

I have no opinion on whether Alex should or shouldn't get that money.  But it seems yuck to go after her when the settlement was proposed by the DRF and accepted by the politicians.  Take it up with them, I say.  And keep the dog whistle out of it.

I would guess it's because she can't/won't go after the DRF. For a long while her stick has been that she's a monarchist who's worried about the monarchy. I guess it makes sense that she can't go all in after them. It's just a shame in the cases where she miss-fires (IMHO) because of detours like this one.
aravis

Small Member

Melly who? What a revolting Mortal

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: November 06, 2013, 12:03:04 AM »

I have no opinion on whether Alex should or shouldn't get that money.  But it seems yuck to go after her when the settlement was proposed by the DRF and accepted by the politicians.  Take it up with them, I say.  And keep the dog whistle out of it.
fair enough, alex coundn't have forced anyone into that agreement. the politicians should answer to that in a regular press conference. couldn't she have done that. borgen style.
dbc
Banned
Banned
Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: November 06, 2013, 12:19:27 AM »

I have no opinion on whether Alex should or shouldn't get that money.  But it seems yuck to go after her when the settlement was proposed by the DRF and accepted by the politicians.  Take it up with them, I say.  And keep the dog whistle out of it.
fair enough, alex coundn't have forced anyone into that agreement. the politicians should answer to that in a regular press conference. couldn't she have done that. borgen style.
IA  Star IN 24 it's those who approved that agreement who should be questioned, and pressed about why it's the public and not the DRF who has to pay it, where were the people in parliament who were supposed to stand up and say "get your hands off the public's hard earned cash & sell a tiara instead & pay for it yourself Marg"

aravis

Small Member

Melly who? What a revolting Mortal

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: November 06, 2013, 12:22:53 AM »

you too in 24  Star dbc
ia, malmarya could sell her beloved ruby tiara and co 
freethespoon

Most Exalted Member

Official TeaSpoon of Royal Dish. Aka TrollSpoon.

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: November 06, 2013, 12:23:37 AM »

I would bet dollars to donuts there is a confidentiality clause in there somewhere.

But I do like the idea of royals having to justify their expenditure.  An annual 'meet the public' where the public get to ask them questions about their expenditure and determine whether such expenditure is valid (and whether they get an increase).  Can you imagine Mary at one of those? She wouldn't understand the questions and would be stumbling all over the place trying to justify her Birkin expense account.

You can call me TrollSpoon.
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: November 06, 2013, 12:32:19 AM »

I would bet dollars to donuts there is a confidentiality clause in there somewhere.

But I do like the idea of royals having to justify their expenditure.  An annual 'meet the public' where the public get to ask them questions about their expenditure and determine whether such expenditure is valid (and whether they get an increase).  Can you imagine Mary at one of those? She wouldn't understand the questions and would be stumbling all over the place trying to justify her Birkin expense account.

That's a really good idea, but sadly, I can see it going down like this:

Moshie sits at a table and fields questions from the crowd.  One of her goons like Lene or Per the Hornit sneaks up behind anyone who dares ask a critical question and takes them out of the room. No  If there was a way to prevent this from happening, then I think this would be fabulous.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: