Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 45   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prince Felix And Princess Claire of Luxembourgh News  (Read 157590 times)
hrhpita

Micro Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #615 on: April 26, 2017, 05:35:43 AM »

Not sure if someone posted, sorry if they have....But did this baptismal happen in one of the chapels in St. Peter's Basilica?

According to wort.lu, it took place in the choir chapel inside St. Peter.
This chapel is obviously also open for weddings, upon specific request of your parish priest to the Vatican. I did not know that this is possible - what a great place to marry (I mean, cost aside, if you have to move the whole bunch of family and friends to Rome for your nuptials, and possibly also accommodate them there for at least one or two nights ...).

Thank you!

lynda

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #616 on: April 26, 2017, 04:26:34 PM »

Maybe they moved from the winery because they (Daddy) sold the vineyard???
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #617 on: April 26, 2017, 07:58:02 PM »

Maybe they moved from the winery because they (Daddy) sold the vineyard???

I think they still own it, and now they rent out the villa. 
temi

Huge Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #618 on: April 27, 2017, 12:59:39 PM »

It feels like one of those family compromises...his family lives in Lux, her family in Germany (I think), they live in either France or Geneva depending on the news that day so maybe Rome was 'central'?
According to Hello, the officiant is one of her university professors:
http://us.hellomagazine.c...ire-baptize-liam-vatican/

Nuno

Humongous Member

Portugal Portugal

TM The King and Queen of Spain

Ignore
« Reply #619 on: April 27, 2017, 01:00:51 PM »

Gui had an haircut - time to celebrate 

Hola!

"You can call me Happiness...yes Queen Happiness. It sounds great!" - Queen Letizia, Red Cross 150th Anniversary Wink

"Hey Cristina, I'm the Queen now :D"
Trier1

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #620 on: April 27, 2017, 02:34:32 PM »

It feels like one of those family compromises...his family lives in Lux, her family in Germany (I think), they live in either France or Geneva depending on the news that day so maybe Rome was 'central'?

Rome isn't a compromise between Lux and Germany, Rome was just to show how "special" they are. They have the Lux titles, so things like this should be done in Lux or they should step down from the succession. And Rome isn't central, not if you take Lux, Geneva and Germany. Rome is south of all of them, so they just crerated trouble for everybody to come to Rome and the old GD Jean couldn't even attend because it was in ROme.
jigmesjigga

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #621 on: April 27, 2017, 03:12:07 PM »

I saw that the Liechtenstein princely family visited with Pope Francis on 4/22 or thereabouts. There were photos of dozens of them all in a room with PF. I know there are relations between Lux and Liecht RFs but it doesn't appear that any of the Liechtensteins were at this christening. I haven't seen pics of the Luxes visiting with the Pope.
Kaiserin

Big Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #622 on: April 27, 2017, 09:04:46 PM »

From where her parents live and from Geneva, it's merely so that Lux is the central ... like 2-3 hours drive from Germany and 500 kms from Geneva.
Rom, on the other hand, is south of every other place and too far away to drive, you'd have to fly in from all directions.

I find it odd to bring the whole party to Rome just to have her old professor do the christening. It would have been more convenient (and cheaper) for all particpants to buy that priest a plane ticket and make available the Lux city cathedral for the christening service.
Ellie

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #623 on: April 27, 2017, 10:21:12 PM »

But it's not as important and looker me how Catholic I am as the Vatican! Wink
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #624 on: April 27, 2017, 11:06:54 PM »

I saw that the Liechtenstein princely family visited with Pope Francis on 4/22 or thereabouts. There were photos of dozens of them all in a room with PF. I know there are relations between Lux and Liecht RFs but it doesn't appear that any of the Liechtensteins were at this christening. I haven't seen pics of the Luxes visiting with the Pope.

Felix' aunt Margareta is married to the reigning prince of Liechtenstein's brother Nicholas.  They were at both the event with the Pope and at the christening (and so were their daughters Princesses Anunciata and Astrid of Liechtenstein).  I don't think the Luxes met with PF during this visit, but they did have their own papal visit last spring.
melusina

Micro Member

Luxembourg Luxembourg

Ignore
« Reply #625 on: April 29, 2017, 04:43:39 PM »

At the newsagent I saw that Point de Vue had an article on the christening and couldn't resist flipping through.

Felix explained that as a family,they usually spend Easter holidays all together in Rome, hence the christening in the Vatican.

The reporter, who obviously was allowed to follow the family explains how the Luxes and the Lademachers drove from the house where the family is living to the Vatican. After the baptism, he spoke to Felix who among the usual platitudes explained how relieved he was that the kids behaved well during the ceremony but that this was in line with Liam's character. Liam is apparently an easy to handle baby, sleeps well, eats well, they consider themselves lucky parents.. After the Vatican, they had a reception in the gardens of the Hotel de Russie.

Ok, so I'm seriously relieved that the little one seems ok. I don't mind their Vatican Baptism either. However, a baptism 6 month after birth and no news whatsoever in the meantime in such a staunchly catholic family gives rise to all kind of speculations, ..even the lux gutter press was running articles on Liam's health... not good and easily avoidable!

Point de Vue, a french paper given exclusive access to the family while the lux papers had to rely on official statements... and while MT is already attacked in Luxembourg for surrounding herself with mainly french staff accused to be disconnected from Lux reality... not good either!

The brand new PR consultant the cour hired this month has a difficult task ahead.

pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #626 on: April 29, 2017, 05:12:09 PM »

No statement from Claire?  No reception at the house they're all allegedly staying at? 

Never heard that they all go to Rome for Easter each year.  That's interesting. 

Something still seems off, IMO. 
Trier1

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #627 on: April 29, 2017, 05:18:29 PM »

Even if they go to Rome every year, things like a christening should be done in Lux because that is the country who gives them the title. No excuse here. They could have found a weekend when Sebastien could have come to Lux. And since Henri had an event in Lux 2 days after the christening, they could have had it in Lux on the same day or a day later despite it being Low Sunday. Every church in Lux would have been able to give them an hour to do it.
SpittingImage

Micro Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #628 on: April 29, 2017, 06:01:41 PM »

I say this with much respect, because I realise many posters here think it's a Really Big Deal, & are upset about it (the baptism):

I sincerely don't see a problem. F & C don't live in Lux, do not (AFAIK) perform "royal" duties on behalf of the Grand Duchy, & F is not the heir.

They apparently wanted their child to be christened by a friend/someone to whom they have a close link, which (may have) meant a wait to schedule both the person & the place. I've seen this happen frequently in my own (staunchly Roman Catholic) family. If the possibility of holding the Christening in the Vatican were an option, I can see why this would be very special to them. I suspect the timing/date in this case was more to do with the priest's & the location availability than anything else.

I truly do not see why the timing & location of the christening is such a big deal Sad.
Trier1

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #629 on: April 29, 2017, 06:55:17 PM »

There are several reasons why Rome and the date were a slap in the face of Lux:
1. Felix is the spare and it looks like he and his children will be on the throne one day
2. He and his wife love their titles, diplomatic passports and all the priviledges they get from their titles
3. It was the day of the most important charity event in Lux (an event that his mother supports), so having the christening in Rome meant that nobody could attend the event in Lux
4. His grandfather is too frail to fly to Rome but he could have attended a christening in Lux
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 45   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: