Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 47   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prince Felix And Princess Claire of Luxembourgh News  (Read 171434 times)
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #630 on: April 29, 2017, 08:22:05 PM »

I say this with much respect, because I realise many posters here think it's a Really Big Deal, & are upset about it (the baptism):

I sincerely don't see a problem. F & C don't live in Lux, do not (AFAIK) perform "royal" duties on behalf of the Grand Duchy, & F is not the heir.

They apparently wanted their child to be christened by a friend/someone to whom they have a close link, which (may have) meant a wait to schedule both the person & the place. I've seen this happen frequently in my own (staunchly Roman Catholic) family. If the possibility of holding the Christening in the Vatican were an option, I can see why this would be very special to them. I suspect the timing/date in this case was more to do with the priest's & the location availability than anything else.

I truly do not see why the timing & location of the christening is such a big deal Sad.

Their lifestyle is funded by the taxpayers of Luxembourg (and also by Claire's parents; if they truly wanted to be independent, they'd turn down the money and Lux titles)

The priest could just as easily been flown into Luxembourg to perform the christening.  One of the perks of being a Vatican priest is that you are eligible to conduct mass and perform weddings, baptisms and funerals at any Catholic church in good standing with the Vatican. This was sold by the family's PR and the media as "This priest is special to Claire because he was her thesis advisor", not the church itself.

I could not care less about the timing, I just think it's weird considering the fact that Amalia was christened not long after her birth.

Even the sons of Louis, who is not in line to the throne at all, held their Catholic events in Luxembourg.  They also do not live in the country, yet managed to get back home to Lux for these important events.

Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #631 on: April 29, 2017, 09:02:47 PM »

I can't imagine the scenario where Joachim or CP or Madeleine or,Constantijn or Friso or Andrew or.. (keep going) had their child christened in another country. I know the press would go bonkers in most countries if a royal did that. Selling the story to a magazine (?) is also a bit too much considering they might turn into the next first family.
ralf103

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #632 on: April 29, 2017, 09:15:39 PM »

Did they really give pictures and access to one magazine exclusively? It really makes me wonder if they were paid for it to cover the costs of the baptism maybe? If so thats atrocious given the Head of State (GD Henri) is there!
Also, if the family celebrate Easter in the Vatican how is it MT usually always attends the big charity event?
melusina

Micro Member

Luxembourg Luxembourg

Ignore
« Reply #633 on: April 30, 2017, 12:16:34 PM »

I don't think for a second that they sold it. Fact is that up to now, PdV is the only paper I saw which was granted access, the lux papers all just published the communique and official pics. I don't know what the intention was, but I think the outcome is quite unfortunate.

Also, if the family celebrate Easter in the Vatican how is it MT usually always attends the big charity event?
Televie doesn't necessarily coincide with White Easter (or how do you call sunday after easter?) and Felix didn't tell how long they would usually stay. And Televie is actually a fundraising marathon with many events happening during several weeks. The sunday event being the final big event of this marathon. MT doesn't attend this final every year. Last year she indeed picked up the phone to receive funding promises like many lux VIP's, this year she visited in this context the children's hospital (on her birthday).
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #634 on: April 30, 2017, 12:57:02 PM »

To me all this screams a kind of protest: My kids won't be heirs here. It is immature and stupid. If it meant anything to them they should have explained to the press BEFOREHAND.
draadje

Mini Member

Aruba Aruba

Ignore
« Reply #635 on: April 30, 2017, 01:01:03 PM »

Being part of a Royal Family and the perks & privileges that come with it is that it is expected (and prudent) that the people who give you your status share in big events of your family. The christening should have taken place in Luxembourg. Full stop. Even if everybody could fly to Rome or there were no scheduling conflicts.

As a royal, you want to share these happy moments with Luxembourg citizens, so that you keep affirming the bond between you and them. If you pass up these chances, soon enough Luxembourg people will stop caring about you and start wondering why exactly you have these perks & privileges.
EstellesBows

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #636 on: May 01, 2017, 08:50:39 AM »

I wonder if this is some form of power play from Felix and Claire trying to send a message of "our kids are NOT the Heir and the Spare. Deal with it" even though it's not truly up to them. If Linus and Lobster don't have a child, Amalia will be Grand Duchess one day.

i did not come to play with you hoes, i came to slay bitch.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #637 on: May 05, 2017, 10:28:31 AM »

Coya

Huge Member

Peru Peru

Ignore
« Reply #638 on: May 05, 2017, 06:48:05 PM »

Amalia is cute but Felix is entering into the creepy territory just like his brother. I can't believe just a few years ago he was handsome, now  :nerves:he looks like a Gui, CP and Willnot combo  Yikes Shocked

dk

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #639 on: May 09, 2017, 09:28:20 PM »

drink problems?
Lady Adelaide

Humongous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #640 on: May 26, 2017, 03:00:55 PM »

Felix and Claire attended a charity dinner supporting the organisation Le Sourire de Lucie in Cannes. They are patrons of the organiaation, which helps families with kids affected by the Sjögren-Larsson syndrome

lynda

Ginormous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #641 on: May 26, 2017, 04:13:55 PM »

Felix and Claire attended a charity dinner supporting the organisation Le Sourire de Lucie in Cannes. They are patrons of the organiaation, which helps families with kids affected by the Sjögren-Larsson syndrome

Oh my, ......look at HIS shoes
lynda

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #642 on: May 26, 2017, 04:15:00 PM »

Claire got her lovely figure back.      she looks great
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #643 on: May 26, 2017, 05:22:12 PM »

Oh my, ......look at HIS shoes

IIRC, he wore something weird to this event last year too. 

Her dress is pretty but her hairstyle is terrible. So unflattering for her bone structure and face shape. 
stunking

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #644 on: May 27, 2017, 09:11:29 PM »

Claire looks beautiful, the dress is just right.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 47   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: